Country cuttins - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 05-15-2003, 10:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have tried both her diapers and covers and I must say they are great they fit well and are priced decent. and she does a great job at sewing her covers are great too. great patterns to choose from and her covers are trim I just love them I plan on ordering more from her oh and she has great customer service.

here is the link to the site www.countrycuttins.com

Christina

Mom to  Rachel 15 Kimberly 12 Chloe 10 and Nathaniel 8
#2 of 13 Old 05-16-2003, 02:26 AM

I can't comment yet on Dina's diapers, because I haven't received my custom order yet, but Country Cuttin's covers rock! If you haven't tried one yet, they are really truly great. They are reasonably priced, sewn beautifully, fit well, and last but not least don't wick! Her fabric choices are great as well. Oh, and a very courteous and professional WAHM to boot. Two thumbs up!
#3 of 13 Old 05-21-2003, 12:34 AM
Kam

I got an order from Dina a few weeks ago, and I love her diapers!!! I wish I had found them long ago. I do still like my PUL pocket diapers for trimness and ease when we're out, but for around the house and ECing when I don't use a cover, these are the best.

She special made everything for me at no extra charge. The diapers are lined in microfleece, have hemp fleece in the body, and are a pocket diaper so I stuff them with a tri-folded flat of hemp fleece that she made to go with it. The outer material is darling--she has a good variety to choose from. She also special made them turned and top-stitched at the legs, and front-snapping. My perfect diaper! They are the first I reach for because they are so soft and comfy looking, and hold so well.

She made some contoured hemp fleece inserts, too, and they are so soft and absorbent. Much better than Joey Bunz, which get all stiff on the line and take forever to dry.

I also ordered some mama pads from her. I haven't tried them yet, but what a great design!

Everything was done and sent in two weeks, and she even refunded some of the money she charged for postage when it turned out they wouldn't cost what she thought. Great and timely service!! This is a big two thumbs up!

warmly,
Kam, mama to Meg
#4 of 13 Old 05-29-2003, 03:29 AM

My Country Cuttin's diapers arrived and they are terrific! I'm so pleased with how they look and fit. Very well made and reasonably priced as well. I am especially pleased at how well Dina matched the inner fleece to the outer print. They coordinate beautifully and it's evident that she takes pride in her work
#5 of 13 Old 05-30-2003, 05:27 PM

I have two covers which are knit over PUL and I love them both. Excellent workmanship!! And they fit Ds SO trimly.
#6 of 13 Old 06-06-2003, 06:48 PM

I got my side-snap knit/PUL yesterday. I LOVE it!!!! I was very impressed at how well it was made!
#7 of 13 Old 06-14-2003, 12:16 AM

I have gotten 2 orders from Dina so far and I have yet to be disappointed. The first order was for 2 fleece side snap covers and 2 PUL side snap covers and one diaper I won on WAHMALL. The sewing is absolutely perfect! The fit is fabulous! These covers are cut to cover the diaper, nothing sticks out. I have found no wicking with either of the PUL covers, they work great.

The second order was for 4 fitted diapers. I love the sizing. I got the mediums which are 12-25lbs and this is great for my in between sizes babe. The fit so wonderfully and have plenty of room to grow.

She offers so many choices: side snap, front snap, aplix, turned, serged... sherpa, microfleece, velor... hemp, terry, sherpa soakers... fitteds dipes, covers, AIOs.... fleece, PUL, windpro covers... you name it and she can probably do it for you! She's a pleasure to work with as well.

Karen Mommy of McKenna 2003 & Alysson 2004 homebirth.jpg Expecting stork-girl.gif an early Christmas Present
#8 of 13 Old 07-11-2003, 03:21 PM

I recently purchased a side-snapping pul cover from Dina. It's fantastic. The workmanship is superb.
#9 of 13 Old 07-15-2003, 11:48 AM

I won a beautiful set from Dina; fitted diaper, cover with matching onesie, headband and socks. Also have won her mama cloth. She is lovely to work with and I will bid on her items and order from again. I have contacted Dina about a custom order once we are settled in our new home. Country Cuttins is one of my favorites, beautifully made products and great fabrics to choose from.
#10 of 13 Old 08-01-2003, 03:59 AM
Banned

Once in a while she posts these gorgeous "set" auctions with a diaper & cover, matching bib & onesie... usually Carter's. I just died over a Lennon print & HAD to buy it for my new little niece. The cover was a bit small & didn't fit over the diaper well, she replaced it without even asking for the smaller one back! The diaper was absolutely adorable & the newer, larger cover fit perfectly on my chubby little niece.

I can't resist those special sets...
#11 of 13 Old 02-24-2004, 01:38 PM

Side Snap diapers
Great fit, although as usual, the wings are longer than I need on my extremely skinny boy. His weight comes from his length, not his girth, so I must remember to size down from now on.
These diapers are so beautifully made. Not a flaw I could find. I got them with hemp soakers (inside the diaper), and microfleece inners, which made them wonderfully absorbant and stay dry, but we did have some stinky hemp issues, so I wouldn't get sewn-in hemp again, I'd just use a hemp doubler instead.
Front aplix turned and topstiched
Again, beautifully made. Wonderful fit with the crossover tab requested. I didn't know this, but you can ask Dina to sew the foldback laundry tabs down if you want. I would have preferred them that way, as after the dryer, they tend to stay bend forward.
Mama pads
I really like her design for these. They stay put in my knickers (don't twist or slide) and I haven't had anything leak onto anything, which is great. The design comes open to get really clean, too, which is very good. They do tend to come out of the dryer a bit mishapen, though. Kinda curled in spots. But when you reassemble, they gain most of their shape back well enough.

Overall, I love Dina's products. They are definitely top picks for me and her customer service, selection and turnaround time are excellent!
#12 of 13 Old 03-25-2004, 07:08 PM

I thought these diapers were mediocre at best.

For one thing, my order took over a month to reach me and I was never emailed about it. I had to email and ask. By the time I received them I had forgotten what and why I ordered.

I ordered a front snap and a side snap and I am not impressed with either. The workwahmship is middle of the road and my dd soaks right through both of them.

The prints are cute and the fleece is soft but I would not order from there again.

Thumbs down from me.

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
#13 of 13 Old 04-18-2004, 06:08 PM

I was a little disappointed. I bought one from the instock store and asked, both in my original order and when sending Paypal, if the size would be OK for my baby. I didn't get any reply, just the diaper, which turned out to be big enough for about 3 weeks of use. It was only reasonably made, not fantastic, though the design was very very cute. Mixed review from me.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page