Mudpie Babies - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 05-22-2003, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Why I love these diapers (and Stephanie, the WAHM):

Great fit on my chunky 5-month-old
Wonderful absorbency (and Griff can pee up a storm)
Fast drying time
Beautiful fabrics - these are great "show-off" dipes for outings
Fast turn-around time (a couple of days...but after the recent raves, she may be flooded!) - custom dipes with instock convenience!
Photos of your diapers before they even reach your mailbox
Faboo customer service from a lovely WAHM

More details:
Fitted diapers are side-snapping, generally have a knit print outer, velour inner, and BKT soaker inside. My son weighs 16 lbs but the size large (20-30 lb estimated weight range) fits him on the tightest snaps.
AIOs are also side-snapping and can be PUL, PUL print, or PUL with additional fabric outer. I currently own one PUL with fabric outer and love it. AIOs have snap-in two-piece fleece-topped liners and a fleece-lined shell that can be reused as a cover.

And finally, the link:
Mudpie Babies

Now be nice hyenas and let me get another order in before you overwhelm her!!!

may my heart always be open to little birds who are the secrets of living whatever they sing is better than to know  - e.e. cummings
#2 of 19 Old 05-29-2003, 03:35 AM

I completely agree with funshine's review of Mudpie dipes. Stephanie is absolutely fabulous - she's definitely got it together! Her diapers are priced very reasonably, fit like a glove, and are so darn cute! I love her fabric choices, she definitely has the best choices I've seen. Her turnaround time is very prompt, and I really appreciated her sending me a photo of my finished product

Another plus is that I asked to have my soakers made of hemp instead of bkt, and Stephanie did so with no hesitation. Two big thumbs up for Mudpie Babies!
#3 of 19 Old 05-30-2003, 02:30 AM

i just got one of Stephanie's AIOs today and we LOOOOOOOOVE it! She was great to work with and very very fast in customer service. I showed it to a fellow diapering friend and now we are both figuring up our next orders

I am going to put this dipe to the test this weekend and see how well it performs. The first time on DS wore it for about 2.5 hrs before he pooped and there was no wicking onto the outside.

I would love to hear from someone who has tried the fabric outer + PUL combo. Mine is laminated PUL and I wonder if there will be a difference in performance.
#4 of 19 Old 06-01-2003, 06:21 PM

Here is an update...the last two times DS wore this AIO diaper (printed PUL) we did have some wicking starting around the legs. I don't think he wore it for an absurd amount of time either, maybe 2 hrs max. My DS is a very heavy wetter though.
#5 of 19 Old 06-07-2003, 12:00 PM

I just received my order for 5 Large fitted diapers. They are beautiful! Stephanie was so great to work with, and finished my order unbelievably fast!

The diapers are so soft and cute! Very trim too. I used BSIWWs and Alexis pull ons for covers.

This is my order : MudPieBabies Order

I'm definitely going to order from her again in the future.
#6 of 19 Old 06-10-2003, 08:56 AM

To this mama!

What a beautiful product and experiance i had ordering from her! Everythign was excellant and i have not one complaint! SHe keeps you updated and even sends pictures before shipping them. She told em the turn around would be about 2 weeks and 9 days later they were in my box (btw i am in FLorida and she is in Hawaii) so in my opinion you could not ask for better customer service! I just the craftmanship and detaisl she puts in the diapers from matching snaps to matching thread! She has a awesome eye for matching out the fabrics ! THanks a million.

Purchased at : Mudpiebabies
#7 of 19 Old 07-18-2003, 10:24 AM

I have one large fabric outer (hidden PUL) AIO that I purchased new from another mama, and I like the design a great deal. I like the way that the doubler snaps underneath the micro topped soaker. I find this a relatively trim AIO on my skinny toddler, who wears this on the tighest snap settings. I find it interesting that this dipe fits chunky as well as skinny babies/toddlers.

I have not had any wicking with my heavy wetter, and I am impressed with the beautiful sewing and fabric used. The only minor complaint I have is that the ruffles from the serging and elastic around the legs are a bit too large for my taste. Like with many PUL AIO's, these ruffles are stiff from the PUL and it feels like baby is wearing a small tire around his legs.

Karla
#8 of 19 Old 03-15-2004, 02:28 PM

I bought an AIO after hearing great things about them , and I was still impressed. They are very trim, but super absorbant. I have never had a problem with wicking( I have PUL only), and that is saying a lot with my super soaker! I have just placed an order for more!
#9 of 19 Old 03-16-2004, 04:09 AM

I have been very pleased with our Mudpie fitteds. Stephanie is the sweetest WAHM and has great customer service as well as a great product.
#10 of 19 Old 03-16-2004, 05:01 PM

Just wanted to echo everyone else's raves...we love our Mudpiebabies AIO! It's a fabric outer with a layer of PUL inside, and couldn't be cuter! Stephanie has tons of precious fabrics to choose from, and this diaper is adorable. It's our first side-applix dipe, and I'm hooked. The print is so fun- it'll be perfect for wearing in the summer with a t-shirt. It's really absorbant, too. Stephanie's customer service and turnaround time are unparalleled, in my experience to date!

I'm going to have to get over my save-the-best-for-last mentality with this dipe though, or it'll never get worn There's a special place in the diaper basket for this one!
#11 of 19 Old 03-26-2004, 12:37 AM

I ordered 6 AIO from Steph last July...... SHe shipped them so fast... they were sewn fantastic and worked great. she even made them with colored micro on the inside per my request....My only issue with the diaper was it was a little wide in the crotch... but other then that they were a fantastic diaper......
#12 of 19 Old 05-19-2004, 03:59 PM

I've been meaning to post forever, Stephanie is awesome and so are her diapers. I ordered two AIOs last June, and the turnaround time was super quick, and she was excellent to work with.

The diapers are by far my dh's favorites, they are trim and cute, I got prints he likes and he always reaches for them first!

I just put in another order for more AIOs and fitteds this time, the turnaround time will be longer because she has unsurprisingly become a total hyena diaper-maker now!! :LOL

"MY best interest?...How can YOU say what MY best interest is?...When I went to YOUR schools, I went to YOUR churches, I went to YOUR institutional learning facilities."-ST
#13 of 19 Old 06-26-2004, 01:59 AM

Ok, I just had to add a customer service rave to my review...

I got my order of fitteds and AIOs and they are beautiful!! But one of them had a color combination that I just didn't like, yes call me picky, so I emailed Steph to ask about an exchange for other colors and she was very gracious and kind and exchanged the dipe for me no problem. That is awesome customer service!!!

"MY best interest?...How can YOU say what MY best interest is?...When I went to YOUR schools, I went to YOUR churches, I went to YOUR institutional learning facilities."-ST
#14 of 19 Old 10-04-2004, 04:21 AM - Thread Starter

I just had to return to say that Griff is now 21 months, weighs about 25 lbs, and those same Mudpies that I bought in May 2003 are still going strong in Oct 2004 with a room to grow and lots of life left in them! Griff slimmed down after starting to walk, so the larges still fit. The AIO shells are in nearly perfect shape, maybe a tiny bit faded. The AIO snap-in liners are just starting to show some wear to the hemp. The cotton and velour in our fitteds are starting to show a few holes around the seams, but they continue to be workhorse dipes for us and look great for getting washed every 2 days for 16 mos.

GREAT workMOMship. These dipes are still my favorites in our stash.

NOTE: our AIOs have a woven fabric outer. The only time wicking is ever a problem is when Griff is in the diaper for a long time. I don't fault the diaper for that.

ALSO NOTE: I believe Stephanie has changed her diaper construction since my original post. The new dipes appear to have a quick-dry liner in the fitteds.

If only Stephanie's dipes hadn't gotten so popular, I could order some for our new bambino before he or she arrives!

may my heart always be open to little birds who are the secrets of living whatever they sing is better than to know  - e.e. cummings
#15 of 19 Old 10-09-2004, 06:03 PM

Mudpies are showoff workhorses. I'm so in love with my new Halloween dipes I almost dont' want to use them because then they aren't there!!

I just wish Steph sewed faster so we could all get customs whenever we wanted them.

Jen

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
#16 of 19 Old 11-02-2004, 01:11 AM

We managed to grab two of the Halloween custom AIOs from Stephanie--I had no idea how lucky we were!!

first of all, the diapers are adorable--even ds, who HATES diapers and clothes and everything associated with them, likes his pumpkin and ghosty diapers. The fit on these is awesome. Ds is in-between sizes; He could fit in both large and XL. I opted to try the large AIOs since he isn't in dipes all that much and is getting into the whole potty thing.
Well, they fit great!
The side aplix closure gives us plenty of room for adjustment and makes for a nice trim front.
The soaker is an awesome design that lets me double the bottom layer in the front for extra absorbancy. The only time we had problems with wicking was when he wet the diaper before it had been washed and dried a few times--since then there hasn't been a drop of moisture outside the dipe.
I use these frequently at night since they are easy to put on ds backwards and are apparently very comfy (he tends to pull off other diapers during the night--but leaves these alone!)

Stephanie was great about answering all my questions about sizing and was so so so quick to ship our order out. I look forward to ordering more in the future!

mom to three boys:  reading.gif(18 bigeyes.giffencing.gif(10&7)
#17 of 19 Old 12-27-2004, 07:48 PM

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this AIO! great craftsmanship, wonderful fabrics, and an exalent fit! They remind me a lot of Lucy's Hope Chest AIOs (which are my very favorite BTW) only they have a wider snap in soaker, which is great.
The only minor improvement it could use is, to have the snaps for the snap in soaker to go through both the PUL and the micro fleece, instead of just the micro. makes for a more stable snap.
But exalent diaper. A++
#18 of 19 Old 01-03-2005, 04:14 PM

I have been very remiss. I should have posted a review of Mudpies long long ago.

We've been using Mudpies since July of 2002. We were lucky to be able to test a AIO for Steph in the beginning. Worked awesome. Once I got DD to stop pooping in it as soon as I put it on her. Washed that AIO at least 5x in 2 days to get her to wear it for longer that 15 minutes. I love the orignial design of the quick-dry soaker in the AIO (many have since copied it!).

By the way: we STILL have that AIO and it STILL works great. It's only faded because MIL washed a load of diapers with BLEACH about 3 months ago!! : It still looked great up until then over 2 years of continual use later.

DH loved the way the AIO fit and looked. It was also the first time in a year of diapering that he commented on how nice the diaper was without my asking if he liked it. Soo I took that as an agreement to buy more.

In March 2003 after the birth on my DS, I places a LARGE order with Steph. I sent her some fabric to make some diapers and a few AIOs. I also ordered several from her amazing selection of fabrics.

Several of the AIOs Steph made were very creative using some BDU (camo) fabric and several of DH's military patches. We always get positive comments on them when people see them.

It was a total of 11 fitted diapers and 19 AIOs. They make up a very large percentage of our "in use" stash.

Steph as since also acquired the IvyRose pattern (another favorite of ours) and makes the Mudpuddles using that side-aplix and quick-dry soaker pattern. I love how adjustable the side-aplix diaper is. Makes for a very long wearing fit.

Steph has a unbelieveably quick turnaround time on her custom orders. It is mind-boggling how quickly she can sew through a large waiting list. She is very helpful answering questions and has impeccable taste in matching up fabrics whether its the outers of a diaper/cover set or the fleece or velour lining, snap and serging threads with the outer fabric of the diaper. I love how she color-matches the serging on the snap-in soaker with the diaper, makes for a quick match up at laundry time. She send a picture of the completed order so I would drool in anticipation!

The only wicking we've ever encountered with our AIOs were when the soaker was soaked to saturation so that was 'operator error' and not the function of the diaper.

MudpieBabie is one of my very favorite places to shop and window-shop. So many wishlists... One of my very favorite Hyena diapers ever back before they were Hyena.
#19 of 19 Old 12-04-2006, 07:57 PM

I got some gently used Mudpies for our almost 12mo, 24lb little guy. I have to say that I *LOVE* these diapers!!! They're super absorbant, fit beautifully, and soooo cute! I'm so glad to have stumbled across these diapers because they were a great price and a wonderful diaper.

Highly recommended! :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page