Snug to Fit - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-18-2003, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I used both the Snug-to-Fit Supreme snap diapers and the Snug-to-Fit flannel velcro-closing. I had a half-dozen of each and used them for a year.

These did not work for us. The rise was too short snapped down and the leg holes huge when it was unsnapped (the rise adjustment). There weren't enough front snaps to get a good waist fit and the sewn-in soaker was too short to reach up front- where a boy needs extra absorbency. This might not be a problem when diapering a girl.

The velcro-closing ones worked better for fit - but the velcro wore out and they fell off. The doubler was too short in those as well and they ended up being soaked in the thin single-layer of fabric up by the wings. This would almost be dripping- it would wick up thefront and the doubler way in back would be almost dry.

On th positive side, they were well-made, especially the Supremes, of quality materials and I never had snap problems.

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2003, 12:14 AM

These were the first diapers I used. I had the velcro version, and liked them fine...until I found out about the world of WAHM diapers LOL. I bought 36 originally, and used them for my 18mo and my newborn. They were bulky for a newborn, but fit him ok around 12lbs (snapped down).
Old 05-24-2003, 06:23 PM

They ain't fancy but I've got nothing but praise for my STFs. The price was definitely right and my 12 with snap closures are holding up beautifully after being in constant circulation for over a year.

What else? In the earlier days they really held in explosive breastfed poop. We never snapped down our STFs, we got them when my son was 4 months old and he's always been tall. With this in mind only now at 17 months and 36 inches tall is the soaker becoming too short for him.

They do become quite wet and are bulky but this doesn't bother me (and doesn't seem to bother DS).
Old 05-25-2003, 01:25 AM

I bought a bunch of these for bean. They worked fine, fit fine, cleaned and dried fine.

They were a good price (got them on sale for $5.50 each)

Overall, I was very happy with them BUT they wore out with the use of one child so if you are planning on using them heavily for more then one child, you may be disapointed, but at that price I can't complain too much!
LOL
Old 05-29-2003, 01:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
These are a good basic diaper, especially for the price. Since they are a one size they are economical and have a pretty good range of fit. They are average in absorbancy but we always used a fleece topped doubler anyway and they worked well this way. I wouldn't use them overnight but they are fine for the day.
They worked with my proraps and Biobottoms covers but didn't fit so well under my Bummis SIWW.
They may not be fancy or the cutest but if you're looking for an economical diaper system you'll probably be happy with this diaper.
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
Old 10-06-2003, 11:15 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
i didn't care for these.. found them wayyyy too bulky until my baby was nearly 15 lbs, and then not absorbent enough when he was bigger.. had to add a few doublers in... good construction though, held up well in the wash

Momma to K ('01), E ('03) and A ('07)
Acting as a Gestational Surrogate for my cousin, EDD Jan 17th

User Tag List