Bummis - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 31 Old 05-25-2003, 12:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have only tried the SWW and SWW SNap (super whisper wrap )

I liked them for their ease of use and effectiveness for bean. Nothing flashy, but effective.

Easily adjustable
#2 of 31 Old 05-25-2003, 01:41 AM

I have a Bummis SWW with velcro closures and it wicks terribly. Very sad because it fits my DS really well.
#3 of 31 Old 05-25-2003, 03:59 PM

I have had:

Bummis Nylon Whisper pants - these don't leak (so long as they are not on for hours on end), don't leave red marks because of the soft bindings, and fit over any diaper.I have had white but I believe you can find fun prints as well, and they are inexpensive to boot. Not bad for a $5.00 cover! I'm thinking about getting more.

Bummis Super Snaps - A big fitting and adjustibility issue for a lot of people. Only comes in white. Like the Bummis SWW you can get wicking out the leg bindings.

Bummis SWW - I like these better, especially for the adjustablity. I have found that if I have "alot of diaper" to get it over, I have no wicking issues. Works get over prefolds and most fitteds. Can get them in 4 different prints now! Also, these were made to last and last, it takes a long time for them to look "worn" and I have had very old ones that still work very well.

Bummis Original - I think I had a very old one I should not have even paid money for. It was completely not waterproof, I wish I could speak for a new one. The plus's though were the very soft lycra bindings left no red marks on my newborn, the adjustability is even better than the SWW due to the extremely wide aplix front panel. And the mesh inner made for more breathability. These come in white and all kinds of prints. I also have heard that they can run small, I compared my 7-10# Original to the newborn BSIWW, the cut is not as generous. I was still using the newborn BSIWW a few weeks after I coudln't even dream of getting the original on my ds.
#4 of 31 Old 05-31-2003, 09:53 AM

We love Bummis at our house! Mac likes 'em because they're super easy and I like them because they dry quickly!
#5 of 31 Old 06-03-2003, 11:27 PM

These are my favourite for trifolding a prefold in . We have used the wraps and the snap bummis.

I don't like the snaps as much because it' s not as adjustable and the wings kind of pull when snapped, meaning, they don't sit flat. It looks funny under pants and is slightly annoying, BUT it still works well.

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#6 of 31 Old 06-10-2003, 02:50 PM

I had a bad experience with Bummis. They wicked through the leg elastic and had to change DDs clothes all day. They were either original or SWW. Worst of all, I had to use disposables while I ordered another kind. I did sell them on ebay and got some of my money back.
TIffany
#7 of 31 Old 06-12-2003, 12:52 AM

I know a lot of people love their Bummis but I've always had wicking with my SIWW. I even bought a larger size thinking it may be too snug to the diaper. I don't have this problem with other covers similar to this style so I have to assume it's just this cover and how it fits over my DD's bum. I tried it with prefolds and fitteds and I had slightly better luck with prefolds but wicking still occurred at times.
Just goes to show how covers work differently with different bums.
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#8 of 31 Old 06-27-2003, 11:50 AM

I have several styles:

Bummis SIWW and Snap wraps, they fit okay, but wicked.

Bummis original, the fit was horrible, extremely low rise, but thighs were too big.

Bummis whisper pants- THEY are GREAT! I can use these over night. No red marks, no leaks, but the binding may wick a tiny bit, but nothing major.
#9 of 31 Old 06-27-2003, 09:04 PM

I have some of the whisper pants and I adore them. My baby's still in the blowout stage and these ALWAYS hold it in when almost everything else fails. For that reason, I always make sure to have a few of these when we go out.
#10 of 31 Old 06-29-2003, 01:29 AM

I've had quality problems with both the SIWW and Original style Bummis covers. One came with a bad snap that wouldn't stay closed, and the other had a seam that began unravelling after the very first use.

The original wrap is a very trim style. It worked adequately, although this is not the cover to choose for a heavy wetter. It does the job nicely for those who want to lay a folded prefold inside, wrap and go.

The SIWW wicked for us at the legs.
#11 of 31 Old 07-14-2003, 12:12 AM

I have one Bummi's, the pull-up pant in the pretty blue print with stars.

It fits DD well, doesn't leave red marks, it contains poop blow-outs...but unfortuantely it wicks badly at the legs, so we only use it at home. Too bad - it's so pretty!

Oh, but it makes an excellent swim diaper!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#12 of 31 Old 08-01-2003, 03:51 AM
Banned

I only have one... and with all the varieties, I'm not sure which it is, lol. It's the front closing velcro style & has the new outer frog print. I really, really, love it. Fits WONDERFULLY... even trimmer than our Proraps & ne'er a leak to be seen. Thumbs up!
#13 of 31 Old 08-06-2003, 07:34 PM

I like the sww's. They don't leak and they come in adorable prints. I have 3 and have been using them on DS for about a month now.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#14 of 31 Old 09-15-2003, 11:04 PM

I have the Bummi Original and the SWW. I really like them both, but I think I prefer the original but my dh prefers the SWW. For all the people with wick problems, if you don't ever dry them the remain waterproof for a lot longer. They air dry in about an hour so there really isn't a need to subject them to the heat.
#15 of 31 Old 02-21-2004, 06:25 PM

Bummis SIWW or SWW:
Really durable and good fit overall, but too heavy/stiff for my taste. Didn't seem comfy on my baby. I also had wicking at the leg bindings.

Bummis Whisper Pants:
Easy to put on, super soft around the legs and waist-everywhere. Super lightweight and compact under clothing. Tend to run big, IMO. Wicked at the legs when diaper got really wet.
#16 of 31 Old 02-24-2004, 01:21 PM

Bummis Whisper Pull on pants in prints:

The wicking with the leg bindings I had with the nylon pants still happens, then it wicks to the cotton print outter and onto clothing. I don't like this cover at all! Ok for summer days around the house with no clothing, but otherwise, not a very reliable cover.
#17 of 31 Old 02-25-2004, 03:31 PM

We have 2 Bummis SIWW and love em to death. They are the first covers I reach for.
Never had a leak.
#18 of 31 Old 03-06-2004, 04:26 AM

THe cotton outer bummis run small and wick bad........

the SWW were great for awhile then the velcro started to shred and then they started to wick.........

the pull on bummis work great but discolor................
#19 of 31 Old 04-04-2004, 04:11 PM

Loved them when Ben was a newborn. We used the small BSWW with infant prefolds. Ben went to the regular sized prefolds and medium BSWW at 2 months. Once he got mobile we started having trouble. When he takes naps, they leak through the front (he sleeps on his tummy and will wake up with his entire tummy soaked where the diaper is). Also, the velcro pops off. If I put them on tight enough to fit when he stands, it pops off when he sits. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to change him and found his diaper just "floating" inside his clothing because the wrap had come undone. It doesn't matter if they're stuffed to the max with a thick prefold and doubler or if I'm using the trimmest diaper I have. I even wrote Bummi's and complained and they sent me some replacements since they said they've had trouble with their velcro quality. I've received the replacements, but I have not had enough time to evaluate whether they work any better.

The materials they use are very durable. I know hospitals use these a lot, and I can understand why from the durability standpoint. I also think they work on babies who don't move around much. My cousin swears by hers - she's tried other things but always comes back to these wraps. I don't share the love, though. I'd rather use Windpro wraps with snaps at this point.

Tana, wife to Steve (5/02), mom to Ben (7/03), Joey (10/06) and Caroline (9/09)
#20 of 31 Old 07-13-2004, 11:19 PM

We have 2 BSWWs for DD and these have become my favorites recently. DD is long and skinny (23", 10 lbs @ 12 weeks) and they fit great. I hang mine uo to dry and don't have wicking issues. They seem to contain BF poo's better than other covers. And the velcro doesn't irritate her lik others do. Just wish they had them in some cute girly prints!
#21 of 31 Old 08-19-2004, 12:08 PM

I love Bummis SWW, and that is all I have to say! JK, they fit really well over most dipes and provide nice protection if we are heading out to the store for awhile and might have a wetter than usual dipe. And it is nice and trim so it doesn't take up as much room in my diaper bag!
#22 of 31 Old 02-06-2006, 04:02 PM

The newborn Bummis Super Whisper Wraps were wonderful; they fit my daughter perfectly from birth.

I don't like the small Bummis Super Whisper Wraps so much. They seem not to fit as well as other covers I have. However, they do the job.

I like the small Bummis Super Snap wraps a lot, despite the overall mediocre reviews. They fit great and seem comfortable.

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

#23 of 31 Old 03-17-2006, 04:08 PM

Love the NB Bummi's Original. Perfect for my tiny babe. She is currently 5 1/2 pounds and they work perfect with preemie size prefolds. Very soft and the leg elastic is really soft as well.
#24 of 31 Old 03-30-2006, 09:06 PM

i've been using my 2 bummis SWW for about four months now and they don't appear to be waterproop at all anymore - ds's clothes are wet if i use them. i have never dried them, never used fabric softener - i have no idea what has happened. they are the only covers i have for our prefolds and kissaluv contours (half our diapers) so clearly i need to find a new good tight wrap. i am very disappointed in these wraps.
#25 of 31 Old 06-26-2006, 01:25 PM

We have several pairs of SWW which all wick at the legs. They're cute and easy to use, but I won't be buying any more.
#26 of 31 Old 08-01-2006, 08:20 PM

I Love the BSWW because they are very adjustable and fit my DD well.
#27 of 31 Old 08-22-2006, 01:24 PM

The original wisper wrap pull ons wick for me if dd pees a lot but are OK for a short stretch - I use it on wash day when I wash all my other covers that I like to use all the time.

I LOVE BUMMIS SWW - it is adjustable, never wicks, washable, durable, has a nice size range (Medium is for 15-30lbs!), cheap, fits over anything - hmm . . . what more do you want. I do wish they had better selection of prints - i'm not a fan of the starbaby or the andypandy though the new froggie and jungle prints are cute. So far these are my favorite non-wool cover.
#28 of 31 Old 09-28-2006, 02:35 AM

I've had SWWs in white and prints, also the snap version. in sizes NB, small and medium.
they can get stinky, compared to proraps. could be a laundering issue.

they hold it all in, quite well. the velcro provided a better fit than the snaps for our thin child.
#29 of 31 Old 10-19-2006, 08:47 AM

I love BSWW's. We used the NB size as soon as the cord fell off. She fit into those for about 2 months. She is currently in the smalls and we ordered some Mediums. Ours have never wicked. We have had a couple blowouts, but that was with her morning poops (she doesn't poop all night), and sometimes nothing will hold those in!
#30 of 31 Old 10-26-2006, 07:16 PM

I'm a Bummis fan. I have 2 or 3 SWW's and have never had a problem with them wicking. They're all size large though. We usually use pre-folds or MEOS under them. Maybe that makes a difference?

Mama to Thing 1 and Thing 2.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page