Aristocrats - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 05-25-2003, 01:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
this is diaper heaven!
LOL

I love love love this cover! It is so soft, so cute so effective!!!

And so kind on bean's sensitive skin

Can be messy to use a pull up cover for poopies etc, but we used fitteds so it wasn't a biggie!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 16 Old 05-28-2003, 07:08 PM

I just got this as my first wool cover. LOVE it We use it with a hemp fitted and two JBs during the night. DD is a heavy wetter and so far no leaks!! It's a little bulky, but great for nighttime.

Two thumbs up
#3 of 16 Old 05-30-2003, 04:15 PM

The only wool that has consistently worked for us for night time. It's bulky, but not so much more so than a double layer flannel snap cover (like a Sugar Peas or Stacinator), and it doesn't have any uncomfortable snaps to sleep on. Very soft, cute, and easy to use. My all time workhorse cover!
#4 of 16 Old 05-31-2003, 11:55 PM

I love my aristocrats. My oldest 'crats have been in use for four years. I use them every night- on their second kid and holding up. Breathable, soft. A bit bulky for daytime, although I used them as daytime covers for awhile and still put them on ds for naptime.

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
#5 of 16 Old 06-04-2003, 01:19 AM

We can only use our Aristocrats during they day, even with regular lanolising.

I don't know if it's the sweater type knit and some compression going on, or perhaps because the cuffs and waist get so stretched out - probably a combo.

On the other hand, during the day they are nice to have as a quick, breathable, pull-up solution.

Mama to 13, and 10 and 4.
#6 of 16 Old 06-08-2003, 12:38 AM

It seems hard to believe that these covers will work at all -- let alone work so well -- but they do!

Aristocrats are the workhorses of nighttime diapering. They stand up to the heaviest wetters all night long. The breatheable fiber lets air in, lets some drying from early-night wetting occur, yet holds moisture at bay inside the cover. Good waistband and leg hole design prevent leaking and wicking problems.

Sizing is flexible with the versatile foldover waistband. When your little one is smaller, you can fold it over. As your baby grows or if you use diapers with a particularly high rise, you can unfold it. The cover is stretchy enough to hold a very large amount of diaper bulk; we regularly use a 'crat over a hemp fleece prefold and two three-layer hemp fleece doublers (and sometimes even an extra fleece liner).

One reservation: After long-term use, the leg holes tend to get stretched out. This can usually be fixed in the short run by washing, but they stretch out again faster once this starts happening.

'Crats tend to get splotchy spots from lanolin treatment, which isn't very lovely. (You can minimize this by ensuring the lanolin is well dissolved before pouring it on.) They can be dyed with Kool-Aid if you prefer a bit of color for your covers. Some people find them bulky, but I find them much trimmer than the windpro fleece covers we also use at night. And the Aristocrat is soooo soft!

You can't go wrong buying at least one Aristocrat. It's a diapering basic.
#7 of 16 Old 06-16-2003, 01:47 PM

I love our XL Aristocrat for DD at night and would agree with most of the reviews above. I like it on bigger babies, but find it a tad too bulky for a small baby. I felt like I was gonna break Caden's back trying to shimmy it up over his diaper when he was a newborn, as it doesn't slide over things easily, it kinda clings to the diaper. It also leaked when the diaper was super saturated. A PUL cover would also leak, but not as much.
I also have issues with the leg cuffs stretching out. It happens very quickly, before the cover really needs washing. And this cover is very sensitive to felting and shrinking. When lanolizing, you must be VERY careful not to pour too hot water in with it. An old Lg one I have is really thick and hard in the crotch area from shrinking and felting up and I've heard others talk about this happening as well. I'm super careful with our new XL Aristocrat, so this hasn't happened with it yet.
#8 of 16 Old 06-17-2003, 09:14 PM

I love Aristocrats!!
So soft, comfy, dependable, durable!!
They do become discolored quickly though, at least all mine did, but it's not a big deal IMO.
#9 of 16 Old 06-27-2003, 12:43 PM

I got a used Aristocrats from a mom here on the TP and it is the first wool that has worked overnight for us. GREAT!
#10 of 16 Old 07-09-2003, 01:57 AM

LOVE mine for overnight, for travel, or for when I don't wanna worry about the cover "working". It was my first wool investment and I'm so glad I took the plunge and spent the cash...was cash well spent for creating an overnight system for a heavy wetter that WORKS! Buy one, enjoy, just don't wash it on hot!!!!
#11 of 16 Old 07-19-2003, 10:54 AM

I loved using my Aristocrat on my toddler, over a hemp prefold and a doubler. He was big enough that the extra bulk didn't bother him.

But, with my baby daughter, I haven't been using it. It's too bulky for her, and being a little baby, the extra bulk adds up fast. I prefer a pocket type diaper where you can customize the bulk to be in the middle, between her legs. With an aristocrat, you have to use either fitteds or a prefold.

But, when she gets a little bigger, we'll give it another try. GREAT cover for when my toddler was wearing diapers!
#12 of 16 Old 08-05-2003, 06:04 PM

I LOVE these! They are excellent for nighttime. My super, heavy wetter does not leak after 12 hours.

We'll be using this in the cooler months for the dayttime also.
#13 of 16 Old 08-06-2003, 10:13 AM

This was the first wool soaker I used & it's a keeper for night time diapering-IF...

You don't EVER accidentally wash it on warm in the washer.

You NEVER let your dh near it whie standing NEXT to a washer filling up w/hot water.

You don't mind waiting 2-3 days for it to air dry both inside & out after washing.

They last a long time, if you don't felt it too bad. Once they get too felted, they lose their stretchiness & become unusable.

I sold mine off. They went quick.

ps-they also take koolaid dye beautifully
#14 of 16 Old 09-17-2003, 08:22 PM

This is the only cover I own that has NEVER leaked (and I own lots and lots of wool!). We use it as our night time cover. Everyone should have at least one in their diapering collection!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#15 of 16 Old 01-07-2005, 09:41 PM

Aristocrats are awesome like all the pp have said.
I wouldnt mind seeing a crat in a longies version!
#16 of 16 Old 01-08-2005, 07:40 AM

I also love aristrocrats! My fav wool covers!

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page