Wonder Wraps - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 04-01-2007, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not pleased with these. they are pricey at about $14 a piece. they are supposed to fit babies 7-35 lbs--a great thing if you can use them. they adjust as your baby grows, however i've been disappointed with these.

1. they leak. i've never dried mine, wash them like i've washed every wrap and they do not retain moisture inside as they should

2. after only one month, the snaps were breaking and not working right. : that really annoyed me.

3. i'm not really thrilled about the workmanship on the velcro tabs, either.

all in all, i wish i'd just gotten bummis or fuzzi bunz and bought the different sizes as ds grows.

L married to J 8 years. Parents to 6 y.o. dd and 3 y.o. ds :nana
Veggie Family
#2 of 9 Old 05-05-2007, 06:58 PM

I wish I would have read this review before I order 2 of them.

Mom of 5 boys- 13, 10, 8, 2 : and newbie Aug. 24th, '09 . babywearing advocate . Cook, baker, homemaker, wife to a man with another woman's kidney (live altruistic, unknown donor).
#3 of 9 Old 05-07-2007, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

well, the update is that i emailed the montana diaper co. they do quality control on these and they agreed to take them back and fix and/or replace. so that is good. still, the snaps shouldn't have broken (on ALL of them, i might add) after only 2 months of use.

L married to J 8 years. Parents to 6 y.o. dd and 3 y.o. ds :nana
Veggie Family
#4 of 9 Old 06-05-2007, 11:33 PM

I have a couple of these and haven't had any problems with leaking. The aplix still works well after 4 months of use. However, the blue one I have became pilly almost immediatly. It's completely covered in pills and looks all worn out. I don't know if it's because I wash it with my prefolds, but the green one I have still looks nice and is pill-free. I probably won't be buying them again.

knit.gifmama to my boy autismribbon.gif (9/06) and my girl (3/09) and surprise 1sttri.gif due in May!

#5 of 9 Old 07-11-2007, 11:15 PM

wonder wraps are my favorite cover! They wouldn't fit a newborn, but I don't really think any one size diaper would fit a newborn (not in my experience). They would definitely work from 10 pounds and up!
#6 of 9 Old 09-17-2007, 03:09 AM

I have to agree with goodheartedmama. These are my favorite covers and I have a bunch of them. I never get blow outs from them and the montana diaper store has great C/S and I think that its great they fixed your snaps.

Rachel
#7 of 9 Old 02-21-2008, 11:57 AM

I bought one of these and I cannot stand it. Complete waste of money. The fabric is so thick and bulky, and then when you fold it over to make the rise shorter, it is just way too much bulk. My son was about 17 pounds and crawling when we tried it, and he had a hard time moving in it. Plus, who needs even more bulk on an already poofy cd'd bum??

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
#8 of 9 Old 07-18-2008, 08:18 PM

LOL...1 year later and I still love these covers.
#9 of 9 Old 07-29-2008, 04:32 PM

I was just going to add that I really like my (one) Wonder Wrap cover. I never used it on a small baby though, and my guy is chunky and solid---about 27 pounds now. I just use it with all the snaps open so there's no extra bulk. I think it's an excellent cover with good Aplix, and I have never had leak issues. It's probably a better cover for bigger/older babies.

signcirc1.gif  winner.jpg    Jen  read.gif mom to three boys    jumpers.gif   and partner to malesling.GIF.   

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page