New to CD'ing...help! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-03-2007, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, So I have been searching all over the net about CD's. But the one thing that most of the sites don't tell you is if you need a cover or not. SO how do I tell if I will need a cover or not, or do most diapers need a cover. Do you know of specific ones? Also, who here likes prefolds? It seems like the cheapest way to go. Am I wrong? Thanks
#2 of 4 Old 04-16-2007, 09:33 AM

If the diaper looks "clothy" then you need a cover. You need a cover with basically everything except all in ones or pocket diapers.
I tried prefolds, but didn't like them. I think they would take some practice getting them on right, and they didn't seem very comfy for dd. They are definitely the most economical though.
I have tried pocket diapers, but had a problem with leaking.
My favorite pick is a fitted diaper with a cover. I use Mother-ease Sandy's diapers, with the Motherease Rikki wrap.
It can be overwhelming at first, but don't give up on cloth diapering because of it. There is a learning curve to it. You will be glad you're using cloth.
#3 of 4 Old 04-26-2007, 12:52 PM

If it is a fitted instead of an all in one or a pocket diaper, you need a cover. You would probably want a cover sometimes with the other ones, too, for extra protection. Mine could pee through anything!!
#4 of 4 Old 04-28-2007, 04:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Fitteds and pre-folds require covers. Generally speaking, pockets, AIO's (all-in-one - it's just that, 1 diaper, no cover, no insert because the insert is sewn inside; it needs nothing else to work) and AI2's (all-in-two's - has a snap in or lay in soaker which can be washed and dried separately from the rest of the diaper which helps the diaper to dry faster) do not. They have waterproof outers which are most often made of PUL. HTH!

Mama to add 10/05; ds 3/09, and two angels

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page