PhunkyMama / Three Wishes - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 05-12-2003, 01:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have two wool covers and a PUL cover from www.phunkymama.com.

Wool: I noticed she now has a trim fit style but I have the original full cut. I love them. They are the only wool we own now so I can't really compare trimness with other wool covers but I definately wouldn't call them bulky. Of course they are bulkier than PUL. My dd is still able to fit nicely into all of her clothes. I think they would fit nicely over any diaper including bulky fitteds. Basically, I these covers.

PUL: They are PUL with an outer layer of woven material. Very cute. I have had a little wicking at the legs when my dd has been sitting and the diaper is pretty wet. I am sure it could be stopped with some PWG.

Jen was great to work with and even gave me free shipping. Another buy with confidence WAHM business.
#2 of 12 Old 05-27-2003, 10:14 AM

Jen's covers are outdone only by her excellent customer service. She is a great WAHM to deal with and goes out of her way to find just the embroidery you want. Her covers are always soft and her sewing is flawless. Heck, her covers are the only others I'll use besides my own, so that says a LOT!!
#3 of 12 Old 06-04-2003, 11:57 PM

I have purchased an embroidered cover from here and I am very happy with it. She was super nice to deal with and very quick with the delivery as well. My cover (I have the full cut one too) is one of my favorites. The emroidery on it is absolutely beautiful too.
#4 of 12 Old 06-11-2003, 02:08 PM

I just bought 2 wool covers from Jennifer at PhunkyMama and they're AWESOME!
They are super-trim and fit great!
I had one of them appliqued with a deer (which Jennifer didn't even have the pattern for, so she custom-ordered it, and THEN had to search over 3 different stores just to find the right colors of thread!) and one is a solid color.
I ordered a larger size and asked Jennifer to add extra snaps at the waist and legs and she did it without a complaint.
She was quick to answer all my questions and is super-friendly.
I can't say enough good things about her or her biz.
Her products are top-notch and her customer service can't be beat!
Two HUGE thumbs up for Jennifer & PhunkyMama!
#5 of 12 Old 06-22-2003, 02:23 PM

Cut: Full
Layers: Full Double
Bulkiness Factor: Bulkier than Bumpy and Stacinator, but not as bulky as Liz's Cloth

The sewing was perfect, turnaround time was as promised (listed on site as 8-10 days), and product arrived exactly as I ordered it. Customer service was good, but I did e-mail a request of a particular color and never got a confirmation or response. However, the cover was made in the color I requested, so this was not really an issue.

The only problem I had with this cover was that it left deep red marks on my daughter's thighs, though she was well within the weight range listed for the size. The waist and rise had plenty of growing room, however, so a size up may have been too large. Therefore, for those of you with chubby thighed babes, it might be wise to e-mail Jen with your child's measurements (which I did not do) so that she could accomodate the cut a bit.

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#6 of 12 Old 07-09-2003, 01:10 AM

I LOVE phunkymama wool covers! I have both the fuller cut and the trim fit, custom, 2 layers serged with custom embroidery that she did basically upon my request!!!! These covers make me smile not only b/c the workmomship is so excellent but b/c they work so well for us...I've never lanolized either one yet and haven't had leak or wick issues or problem one (other than I try to stuff too bulky of diapers in the trim one sometimes . My heavy wetter can use it whenever too-thru naps, daytime, and even overnight! Her prices and cust svc are Fantastic and I was amazed how fast my stuff came b/c it was custom...we're talking inside of two weeks from the time I paid til it was on Ian's bum. Buy one (or two) and enjoy!
#7 of 12 Old 07-12-2003, 02:20 AM

The full-cut wool cover is the absolute best fit I've ever had on any fitted diaper or any cover! Woohoo! Goes over prefolds and fitteds alike like a dream. Very trim, even over well-stuffed prefolds. Stretchy and comfortable -- DD indicates she likes it. Worked without lanolizing, also works with. Workmanship is immaculate.

I was a wee bit alarmed by the amount of bleeding I had from my black cover the first time I washed it; only time will tell if it becomes a problem. I also had a lot of lint collect in the folds of DD's leg/groin area, which I've never had a problem with from other wool covers. Hmmm.

The sheer wonder of the fit of this cover has me jumping for joy!
#8 of 12 Old 07-14-2003, 07:38 AM

I had 3 different covers. 1 trim cut and two full cut. They were all different material. They were all soft. She does very good work. Unfortunately none of them fit my 2 kids. It is not her fault, just a sizing problem. I did contact her with an issue I had regarding the tags being written on with black marker and she got back to me with a very nice response.

I sold these on the trading post even though I'm sure she would have refunded my money. I would rather pass them on to another mom than bother a WAHM with a return.

I would recommend trying a cover from her.
Corrie

Buy or sell safe scents for your home!! Check out Scentsy!! Start your own business for only $99.
#9 of 12 Old 07-30-2003, 05:12 PM

I have a M/L full cut wool cover and it's definitely one of my favorites! It's two full layers of wool jersey turned and topstitched, so it's not the trimmest cover. But, I use wool mostly at night and the embroidery is too cute to cover up anyway!

The cover fits beautifully even over my bulkiest fitteds. It has held up well overnight so far.

I was looking for a specific theme for the embroidery and she found several samples for me to choose from. She got the custom order out to me in the time specified on her site.

Great product and great WAHM!
#10 of 12 Old 08-05-2003, 05:48 PM

Jen's work is awesome! We really like our wool cover from her. They're well made and the embroidery is so cool!

Through the buying process she was prompt and helpful. She even searched out the thread colors I wanted. She really went above and beyond.

The cover got here 10 days after ordering--4 days earlier than expected.

All in all, a great experience
#11 of 12 Old 09-25-2003, 05:42 PM

Does anyone know if Jen is sick or on vacation or anything? I am having a hard time contacting her by email and am anxiously awaiting a cover.

Thanks,
Amy
#12 of 12 Old 03-31-2004, 02:09 AM

I have one Phunkymama cover and I love it. It is the trim fit with the double layer of wool in the soaker area.

The cover performs flawlessly, and fits over any and every diaper I've tried. It's not the trimmest cover out there, but definitely the cutest one in my stash!

However, I am disappointed in the cs I received. When I received the cover (and this was in July last year!) I noticed an anomaly in the dye. There was a lighter spot right where the embroidery was. I emailed her and asked if that was normal or not and never got a reply. I emailed again thinking my mail might have gotten lost and still never heard back.

I decided that I wasn't going to get rid of the cover because of that minor defect, and let it drop. The cover bled like crazy for about the first four months (five or six washings) and is now very washed out looking. Also, Bf poop stained it the second it hit the wool (which was a bummer, but nothing Jen could control just an FYI I haven't had that problem with other wool for some reason).

Lo

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page