Hippobottomus - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-18-2003, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I ordered a wool cover from hippobottomus and I'm fairly pleased with it. It's a VERY wide cut cover so it will fit over even the bulkies night diaper. My baby's night diapers (these are HUGE.. sooooo many layers of hemp it's unreal) weren't even getting covered completely by an ME airflow, but the Hippobottomus wool does the job. (we aren't able to use el bee night wool because they are cut so narrow). The sewing is well done and even though I was afraid the elastic would be too tight on my dd's thighs, it gives a very nice comfy fit around them. If I needed another night cover, this would be at the top of my list, but not as a day cover because it's so big that over a normal day diaper such as a prefold or trimmer fitted, it's very baggy. BUT, my dd is on the VERY beginning of the weight range for a large, so she may well grow into it better.

There were some shipping time issues that I wasn't thrilled with. Two weeks after the date it was suppose to ship, I had to email to ask about it and it still hadn't been shipped. When it finally was shipped more than 20 days past the date I was told in the beginning, it was shipped priority even though I'd only paid for parcel post. It arrived packaged well and with a nice sample soap.

Overall, I'm happy with the product and would recommend the cover to anyone looking for a roomy wool cover for nighttime diapering.

Amber
#2 of 3 Old 07-02-2003, 06:46 PM

I have 2 snap diapers.. they are very cute & well made.. customer service was good
they do seem to run a tad bit large on my child though.. but she is thin .. at 22 lbs & 26 months old .. a medium might have fit her better
#3 of 3 Old 02-24-2004, 02:09 PM

I got some turned and topstitched front aplix diapers. They were nice, and the fit was good, but not my favorite because of how they look after being washed a few times. Some material started to pull out of a seam in one spot and the way some of the outter print shrank was wonky. I have other diapers made the same way by Country Cuttins that look much nicer after being washed.
I don't even think she offers this style diaper for sale anymore, though.

I also have a large wool wrap that is as Amber described above, except the thighs are big on my guy instead of snug, but this cover is a size bigger than he really needs (my fault, not the WAHM's). It fits over anything, as she said, and it does really well with a very absorbant diaper, but I don't think I'd risk using it with a diaper that is going to get very saturated or encounter a lot of compression, such as in a carseat. The cover is VERY well made, though. I probably would ask her to leave off the foldback laundry tabs on the wool cover, though. I don't really think it's necessary, unless you like to wash your wool in the washer with other items.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page