Lucy's Hope Chest - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 32 Old 06-24-2003, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've ordered tons of stuff from Lucy's Hope Chest and have been very, very happy with everything. Becky is AWESOME and has the best customer service!! The first time I ordered from her (a year ago!) she even sent me a "sample" outfit before she made my actual order because she wanted to make sure it would fit right (my ds had some funky measurements :LOL ). She is so great to work with and really will bend over backwards for you. Everything I've ordered from her, from rompers to AIOs, has been just beautiful and extremely well made. The AIOs are very absorbant, and I've never had any wicking or leaking problems.

Lucy's Hope Chest
#2 of 32 Old 07-10-2003, 08:34 AM

Yes, Becky is AWESOME! And she's wonderful to work with, she's very quick to get your order out and she really wants to make sure youre happy with it or she'll fix it.

I just got a bunch of fitteds and more aio's and they are the best diapers in my stash. I LOVE them Her knits are cute and soft, and the inside of the diaper is this wonderful velour. The soaker is made up of a very nice and fluffy sherpa, with velour on top. I just can't say enough good things about them. And her prices are very reasonable.
The aio's are the trimest i've ever seen. Never had a leak with them, and i love the way she makes her soakers!
All in all, this is the best diaper perchase i've made so far.
#3 of 32 Old 08-05-2003, 08:43 PM

Becky is awesome. She used a different pattern to accomodate my long slender toddler. AIO's work great, super trim (with quick-dry soaker).

I ordered 10 for CDing at daycare!
#4 of 32 Old 08-24-2003, 12:10 PM

These are my all time favorite diaper. I have the quick dry version fitteds with micro-fleece topped hemp snap in soakers. The fit is perfect on my daughter an the quality is top notch. Becky offers so many adorable prints and the velour she uses on the inner side of the diaper is soft. I have tried many many different WAHM diapers for my DD and these are by far the best quality and workmanship I have found.
#5 of 32 Old 11-24-2003, 01:20 AM

I just ordered (and received) a side snapping custom fitted from Becky and I it. I can't say enough good things about her diapers or her customer service. As soon as Christmas is over and I have some more $$ I plan on ordering a half dozen more! Highly recommended!

, , , mama to Ross , Reagan (8/29/05), Joshua (from Haiti...here NOW due to the earthquake!), and Elijah , born safely 9-8-09.
#6 of 32 Old 12-23-2003, 09:36 PM

I love these AIOs (quick dry soaker). She has cute prints and a variety to choose from. Becky has great customer service. Shipped super fast. Her dipes fit my boys very well. I have 2 tall thin boys so they need longer in the rise and not so big in the waist and thighs. Her AIOs fit them perfectly, no gaping leg holes or loose waists...and they cover their whole bum! Needless to say I am very happy with her product and her customer service. I will definitely order from her again. I have had them for 2 months and they just keep getting more absorbant and still work great!! Did I mention I think her price is great? Great price for a great product!!
#7 of 32 Old 03-06-2004, 04:43 AM

I can not say enough about LHC.... I have now a total of 26 AIO's and roughly about 18 fitteds...... I night time pocket dipe that she made for me after telling her of my night time diaper woes....... I also have 4 of her pul covers....... she has a fantastic tuern around time and top notch customer service..... I LOVE her stuff and recomend her to any one who uses CD.........
#8 of 32 Old 04-21-2004, 12:47 PM

SAD I needed a trim fitted that is lower cost than all those $$ out there. I read all the awesome reviews of customer service from LHC and I decided to order. So I ordered 3 but my daughter is just between mediums and larges. So I ordered mediums but I added a note that I was not sure on sizing and could she get to me on that. Nothing... Then I emailed again wondering about my order and sizing. Becky emailed that she received my order and was out of one of the prints I chose. Not a huge deal but I really like it when WAHMs take items off the site that are not available. And she did not reply at all about sizing. So I finally emailed and canceled my order saying I couldn't order if I didn't know if they would fit and she had not answered my ordering questions. Becky emailed me asking how many emails I had sent about sizing. I told her and included one that she had replied to but not that part (only two questions/sentences in it not a list) and instead of saying how she would like to help me and even tell me why she had not replied (which would have been ok), she gave me the reasons and said she was sorry to not have gained me as a customer. Like oh I have enough customers I don't need another one. I would have still bought if she would have just apologized and answered my question. SUPER bummed about this customer service

Danielle
#9 of 32 Old 04-23-2004, 08:56 AM

Love her work!!! Customer service is great too!
#10 of 32 Old 05-04-2004, 09:14 AM

I want to start off by saying I am very sorry that Danielle was unhappy. Customer service has always been the most important thing to me. With having 3 kids all of extreme different ages I find that answering emails at night I tend to leave things out. I find the quiet time in the morning is the best to answer emails so I can get them accurately answered.

Danielle ordered at night. I responded shortly thereafter notifying her that one fabric she ordered I was out of. I normally pull fabric off once a week that is no longer in stock. She emailed me another print pick shortly before me going to bed as it was close to midnight and she asked about sizing. I got back with her quickly on a total and decided to address the sizing issue in the morning like I always do so I would no omit anything out.

I got up before 7 like I always do and I already had an another email by her canceling her order. She was very unhappy in her email and voiced her displeasure with me not answering her immediately. I had only received one small email about sizing and she mentioned 2 in her email. I emailed her immediately back asking her how many emails she sent. She replied quickly stating she had sent 2 emails and once again voiced her complete displeasure with my service and told me she was very aggravated with the fact she had to pick another fabric and that I had not answered her question about sizing.

At this point I felt there was nothing more I could do and I did tell her I was very sorry she was aggravated. I emailed to her in great detail that I take the morning to address issues as I want to give good customer service, and running around with 3 kids at night at bedtime and answering mails in detail, I leave things out. I also told her that there is a delay in server emails at times and I never got her first original email about sizing. I said that I was very sorry that I lost her a customer as customer service is the most important thing. So she did get that email about reasons why I had not replied as she directly quotes from it.

I am very sorry she is unhappy but I think a little more than 8-12 hour had elapsed and most of that was spent sleeping after midnight. I feel she should have given me a little more time to accurately answer her questions. Being a WAHM herself I feel that she should have been at least somewhat understanding and not immediately started with negative emails. I feel as if I were never given a chance. I am sorry she is unhappy. She simply did not give me enough time, nor did she take into account it was almost midnight when my quick email was sent. You have to be given a chance first, and negative emails before that chance is given in not beneficial to either side.

I will state once again that customers are always my top priority to me and will always be.
#11 of 32 Old 05-11-2004, 03:49 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I love LHC dipes!!!! I have always had A+++ service--- I think they are one of the best fits and designs out there- but I will not say that to loud (I like the pricing and I dont want the demand to jack that up) wink!!!

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks
#12 of 32 Old 05-17-2004, 09:56 PM

I have one AIO and 1 paor of PJs and I absolutely LOVE them. Becky was awesome to work with - prompt to answer questions and super friendly. I always get compliments on both items.
I felt the soaker was a little thin - but I just put in a doubler and it is OK

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#13 of 32 Old 05-19-2004, 11:05 AM

LHC is quickly becoming one of my favorites for fitteds, and I have a couple of AIOs on order, so they will probably be next

I didn't know what size to order (my baby is in between 2 sizes) and Becky spent quite some time emailing back and forth with me, trying to figure it out. The dipes fit Lexi perfectly and I was very pleased with her CS. Her turnaround time is quick and more importantly- accurate. My order was shipped within a day of when it was promised and her work is superb. Now I know what all the raving over LHC was about!!

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

#14 of 32 Old 05-19-2004, 04:19 PM

I just got my first order from her and I am totally happy. The diapers are of the highest quality and her customer service was excellent. She told me two weeks to get them and that is how long it took and I know she had a few large orders ahead of me. I am going to come back!

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
#15 of 32 Old 05-22-2004, 11:07 PM

I thought Id add a review on LHC myself! This was the first diaper I saw that I was like OMG, This is gorgeous! I got a Plane Print Fitted! Her customer service was excellent and the diaper is gorgeous! WorkMomShip is amazing. Has a Knit print outer and a gorgeous volour (sp?) inner with a matching doubler! Love it! Highly recommend her! Great price too for sure!
#16 of 32 Old 06-02-2004, 09:23 AM

I have two fitted diapers from LHC and I'm so pleased with them. They are very trim fitting and absorbent. I love her snap in quick dry soaker. It comes in two pieces - one snaps in with fleece on top of it, and then a smaller soaker snaps underneath that one to add more absorbency. It all dries so quickly yet can keep my super soaker dry. Very nifty idea!!
#17 of 32 Old 07-19-2004, 03:10 PM

I ordered a fitted diaper from LHC and I love it. I had been wanting a nautical print in a fitted diaper and she had the print on her site. When I got it it fir perfectly on my son on the tightest snaps so I am getting excelent use out of it. I bought it about 2 months ago and it is going strong, still fits great. I got the diaper very quickly considering that all of her diapers are custom order. I am very impressed.
#18 of 32 Old 07-21-2004, 02:42 PM

I ordered a custom dress set with matching gusset cover. Both are made VERY well and as a wahm, I was very impressed. The dress is flawless and every stitch is perfect (hard to find in some wahm dresses). I highly recommend her!
#19 of 32 Old 08-05-2004, 12:39 AM

I have three fitted and two AIOs LHC and I love them. Becky worked with me on the AIOs so that they could not have PUL. They work great and are the trimmest non-PUL AIOs I own. Her fitteds are beautiful... they are so well made, they seem perfect. The fit is great. These are now some of my favorites and I intend to order a bunch more soon!

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

#20 of 32 Old 08-05-2004, 09:57 PM

I purchased AIOs from Becky a few months ago and when the first batch arrived, I immediately went back for more! They are very cute, very well-made and perform beautifully. Her fabric selection is terrific as well.

Becky's turn-around time is incredible and she is wonderful to deal with. She even rushed my order since I was going out of town. Becky really cares about her customers and it shows in her friendly emails. A happy customer is obviously her first priority!

I plan to go back for more!
#21 of 32 Old 08-11-2004, 03:00 PM

I have ordered from Becky several times. Her customer service is great. She has dealt with my many questions, helped with a sizing issue, and kept up with my many changes to my orders.

The covers with gussets fit perfectly over my ME onesize dipes. They are soooo cute and the FOE is super soft.

The AIOs are cute, trim, and very pretty. I prefer the trifolding soakers for slightly more absorbancy.

I will definitely order from Becky again!
#22 of 32 Old 08-26-2004, 02:27 PM

I would like to edit my review of Lucy's Hope Chest. We decided we had communication issues when I ordered before and so I ordered again giving Becky the benefit of the doubt and her me. I ordered a fitted and it was made so quick and sent quickly as well. It is beautiful, well-made and trim. Exactly what I look for in a diaper! Thank you so much Becky!
#23 of 32 Old 12-19-2004, 06:10 PM

LHC is my very favorite fitted! Most of all, because this diaper has the BEST fit! And I love quick diapers. Also, the price is reasonable. I don't like to pay more than 15 for a fitted.
I also like her AIOs, very nice craftsmanship.
#24 of 32 Old 12-31-2004, 07:46 PM

Although I don't order a lot of fancy new diapers, I loved my LHC AIOs! They were my show-off diapers last summer. They fitted well during a fast-growing stage and washed well and were just great. Becky was very accommodating and always quick and pleasant. I got the quick-dry soakers which are super-trim but I think that next time, I would try the trifolds. And I would probably ask her to make the soaker-toppings the same color, dh could never get it right!
#25 of 32 Old 06-08-2005, 04:33 PM

These are just such pretty nappies. Whenever I take my girls out in them, other mums ask what they are and where I got them. LHC all in ones never wick or leak, and the larges fit my tiny girls perfectly, and will until they potty train (at 16 months, 'tiny' baby is about 19 pounds, and 'big' baby is maybe 21 pounds). Becky's all in ones are beautifully sewn, and she has got me addicted to the serged (ruffley), side snapping style. These nappies are so soft and stretchy, and shape themselves around my babies so perfectly! I love that the elastic isn't sewn into the inner-most layer, so they fit so snuggly and softly at once. Containment is excellent, but they never leave marks on my girls. Becky uses lovely materials. She has an extensive selection of beautiful prints, expecially if you join her yahoo group, where she posts lots of fabrics you can't see on her website. Because the pul layer is separate from the print layer (as opposed to the pul painted on to the print fabric), the fabric possibilities are endless, and I think this separate pul layer design is also why they are so wick-proof. I love these aio's with the fleece topped, sherpa, snap-in trifolds. Becky makes her soakers really cleverly, so that the fleece is just down the centre layer. The soakers seem the perfect width to me, that is, wide enough never to fail you, but exactly cut so that they never stick out of the nappy and wick (they never need, annoyingly, to be tucked in). Becky is a sweetheart to work with. She has endless patience for the zillions of questions I tend to ask, and will go out of her way to find special fabrics. The quality of Becky's nappies is superb.
#26 of 32 Old 06-24-2005, 08:10 PM

I my LHC diapers! I have two AIO's that I ordered custom from her. They arrived very quickly -- the prints were just amazing! So much better than I could have imagined! These are definitely my show-off diapers. I had landed a custom slot with another diaper company at the same time, but when they arrived, I just loved my LHC so much more! Can't wait until I can go back for more...

I also have one fitted from LHC -- I got this off FSOT at diaperpin, and I love it as well. The print is cute, the velour inner is DIVINE!!! Just love it.

This is an awesome WAHM, and I really hope she never goes hyena... I'm enjoying her "always open for customs" policy!!
#27 of 32 Old 07-15-2005, 07:30 PM

Great diapers and great clothes! I love, love, love my matching diaper-and-dress set. Her prices are great both on diapers and clothes, and the quality is excellent.

LHC has the hallmark of a really beautiful diaper: each part of each snap matches the material behind it.

Be sure to join her Yahoo group to get access to her latest wonderful prints.

The AIOs take some assembly. The fitteds come with matching doublers, which is great; they're absorbent even without the doubler.

The freebie soap that came inside the diaper was won-der-ful. Bonus!
#28 of 32 Old 12-05-2005, 11:27 PM

I heard so many good things about these diapers and I couldn't wait to try them! I was lucky enough to purchase some gently used one's off the trading post and I love these!! The prints are adorable, they are super trim, and the velour is sooooo soft against baby's skin. I will definately be on the look out for more of these on the TP and saving up some dough to purchase some new one's!
#29 of 32 Old 01-10-2006, 03:16 PM

I recently got my first fitted from Becky at LHC and immediatly went back for more. The Medium I bought fit my inbetween large and med fitting toddler PERFECTLY with room to grow but definately not to nig for a medium.
The rise and legs are PERFECT!
I have already ordered more and some for gifts!
The fabric selection sewing and customer service is awesome!
I am hooked!
#30 of 32 Old 07-11-2006, 10:42 AM

Another thumbs up here. SHE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

I have 4 of these and they are fantastic. I bought mine used on ebay and have a supersoaker baby boy and yet these diapers still function and look great. This is a good product.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page