Cricketts diapers - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 06-26-2003, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I love her hemp fitted they fit really well and are so absorbant. Kimberly has been out of the meds for a while now so Iam looking to buy some the next size up Crickett is also really great to work with.

Christina

heres her site www.crickettsdiapers.com

Mom to  Rachel 15 Kimberly 12 Chloe 10 and Nathaniel 8
#2 of 12 Old 06-29-2003, 01:34 AM

Crickett's works wonders for my heavy-wetting DD. They are quite thick and absorbent, with a snap-in doubler as well. Overall fit is trim (although these are not thin diapers) and adjustable. One drawback to fit: the ruffles around the leg tend to turn inward underneath the leg in the crotch area.

This is one of our favorite and most effective fitted diapers.
#3 of 12 Old 06-30-2003, 11:35 AM

This is kind of a neutral diaper for me. I have the hemp version. I'll list my pros/cons.

Pros
Pretty true to size fit wise. My dd is still in the medium, which is from 10-25 lbs. She weighs about 22 lbs right now, and they fit her perfect. I got them when she weighed about 16 lbs, and they fit her great then, too.

Trim

Very well made, very sturdy dipe

Very absorbant, especially with the snap in doubler

Cons
I personally am not a big fan of so many layers of hemp jersey. This is one that tends to stink quickly, I just feel it doesn't get as clean as some other ones.

Ruffles are too hard to get on properly, they turn in and leave red marks on my dd.

Elastic tends to make my dd's skin a little red.
#4 of 12 Old 07-14-2003, 07:41 AM

I had two of these. I'm not sure if they were hemp or cotton because they were bought used. I did like the fit on my toddler, but they were very stiff and the ruffles were extra stiff and left really bad red marks. I sold these very shortly after I got them.

Buy or sell safe scents for your home!! Check out Scentsy!! Start your own business for only $99.
#5 of 12 Old 08-01-2003, 04:01 AM
Banned

I had one of the hemp jersey versions. I bought it used from an MDC mama, I believe... nice & absorbent & looks like it really would fit a smaller baby nicely. The snaps aren't hidden but didn't ever leave red marks & the smaller wings are nice.

The only thing I didn't like - & this is purely cosmetic, I suppose -was how the leg ruffles roll in. No matter WHAT you do, it's just the way the elastic is sewn or something, those leg ruffles won't just ruffle. LOL.
#6 of 12 Old 12-19-2003, 11:46 PM

I have two hemp fitteds that I use for nighttime and they've worked very well. I haven't had any leaks even though my super heavy wetter has spent as many as 12 hours in it.

J.

Jayne, sewing up a storm mama to ds1 9/03, ds2 2/09, and 2 sweet furbabies.

#7 of 12 Old 12-27-2003, 08:49 PM

I have 10 hemp Cricketts....love them! They fit well for us.

Haven't had any problems with red marks on my chunky thighed lil one and haven't had any probs with the ruffled edges rolling in. Maybe she's improved that...or maybe it has to do with the fit on the individual baby. Not sure, but they work well for us!
#8 of 12 Old 02-22-2004, 03:00 PM

Well now we actually have 16-18 Cricketts (2 are Organic Cotton - the rest are hemp)

These are my 11 year old daughter's favorites and I continued to buy them because I will do just about anything to keep her helping out with diaper changes.

However, I must say that I have been really disappointed to find that several of the first Cricketts I purchased have started to fall apart. This is only after several months of use. Several of the diapers now have quite a few holes in them, as well as some of the doublers.

The other fitteds that I have are not showing the same problems. I don't know if it's because these are hemp jersey or if it's because of the way they are sewn, or what.

So even though I had just purchased more (before the first ones started falling apart) I doubt that I would ever purchase any more in the future.

In all fairness, the diapers I purchased are "seconds" as that seems to be all that is available...and has been that way for quite some time. However, it states on the web site that what constitutes them being seconds are more cosmetic issues.
#9 of 12 Old 03-27-2004, 03:54 PM

Super absorbent, very cute. I can keep my 17-lb. 5-month-old in these for 4 hours without a doubler and have troubles. (I don't do this on a regular basis, of course. But it has happened 3 or 4 times.)

The dry time is the only drawback, since I share a dryer in a condo building and have to go out of my condo and down the hall to start the dryer for the second cycle!

I've really enjoyed these diapers, but will probably get rid of some because the dryer situation is too inconvenient for me with two under three.
#10 of 12 Old 03-31-2004, 01:18 AM

I got one of these in a trade and used it daily for about four months. I really liked it because it was so absorbent, yet, oddly trim. I agree that they take a long time to dry, but figured that was the trade off for a super absorbent dipe.

I just wish they came in cool colors

Lo
#11 of 12 Old 04-08-2004, 10:04 PM

I didn't love these diapers. I was so excited to get them but had horrible communication with Crickett. I tried to e-mail her several times to ask questions about a loose thread but she only answered one of my e-mails. I got it as a second so knew it wasn't going to be perfect, but I didn't like the breakdown in communication. It absorbs well and doesn't smell to quickly. Overall it isn't a bad diaper. I won't be buying from her again though.
#12 of 12 Old 09-29-2004, 01:30 AM

I got two of these hemp diapers from another mama. They are working great for night-time dipes and seem pretty trim for all that absorbency. I agree that the leg ruffles curl in, it seems that the elastic is sewn in too far from the edge. It doesn't seem to bother my DD, though. I would pick up more of these for night-times, they are affordable and work well.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page