Kool Sheep Soakers - Mothering Forums

#1 of 8 Old 06-26-2003, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/kfegel...p_gallery.html

The soaker I won off auction is the Kalifornia Poppy

The details: it is perfectly knitted and perfectly sized: my skinny toddler will most likely be able to wear this until he potty trains. The colors (she hand dyes her wool yarn with Kool Aid) are luscious: the orange is variegated from bright orange to yellowish orange to salmon colored orange to peachish orange, and the green is bright with muted orange tons. It smells faintly of Kool Aid (a good thing). The applique (which is knitted, then sewn onto the back) is just beautiful, and even though it is an abstract flower design, I don't find this soaker to be too girly for my son. The whole soaker just has a zeitgeist of ART to it. It is just incredible. I knew when I saw the photos of it up for auction that I had to have it, and I'm not sorry that I was willing to fight to the death for it. I think I got a bargain!

Karla
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 08-05-2003, 05:24 PM

Her work is beautiful!

I bought the Telanika Sunrise one, but it ended up being too snug on my son (he was at the end of the weight range, but I just had to try it . Anyway, the colors are vibrant and the soaker is trim and so cute! Great summer soaker
#3 of 8 Old 09-27-2003, 01:44 AM

I have two of these soakers. Both of mine have embrodiery work done by Karen. Her creativity and attention to detail is magnificent. They're very pretty and work well enough for nighttime. They are also super trim. You could definitely use them under pants with no extra bulk. These soakers really make cloth diapering with prefolds tons of fun.

#4 of 8 Old 10-09-2003, 03:54 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I was lucky enough to get a custom slot for a Kool Sheep Soaker. It was well worth the wait. Lulu's soaker is beautiful and fits perfectly. (Smells good, too.) I would love to own more.

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
#5 of 8 Old 07-12-2004, 01:04 PM

I got a custom slot to get a Kool Sheep Soaker and the soaker is fabulous! The colors are bright and the embellishments are gorgeous. The customer service was awesome. I had all my questions answered in a timely fashion and Karen was willing to help out with any decisions I was shakey on. She kept me up to date on the knitting of my soaker so I always knew where she was at with it. It arrived quickly for being custom made and fit my son so well. It's a beautiful work of art.
#6 of 8 Old 07-19-2004, 03:05 PM

I got a used KSS off of eBay. It is one of my favorite soakers by far. It is very well made, soft and beautiful vibrant colors. If her soakers weren't so hard to get I would probably have quite a few of them. I feel very lucky that I was able to get one at all! Eventhough it wasn't a custom order it fit my son like it was made just for him. He has been wearing it for about 3 months and it still fits great!

I will definitly been stalking her site and trying for more.
#7 of 8 Old 07-23-2004, 06:59 PM

Karen is amazing and so very generous! I love her work and it fits so nicely!
#8 of 8 Old 09-06-2004, 11:17 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I have one KSS in her new organic wool and I am in love!!! It is soft and well made and she was nice enough to add a little star to it. I'm so happy I got it. Plus I love that I can promote organic products.

Non Practicing Midwife, going back to school! Mamma to my 3 loves, living each day to the fullest.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page