Miracle Diapers - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 09-12-2007, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know this will probably get moved sooner or later, but I'm hoping someone will see it. I don't expect anyone looking for help from someone like Miracle Diapers to go looking in diaper company reviews, because if they're anything like me, they will be happy with anything that functions.

I hit a really rough period this year, and although all of my hopes have been centered on it fixing itself before things got too bad, it didn't. I started CDing specifically because I could no longer afford the $20 a week bag of disposable diapers that we were shelling out and was looking for pretty much any way to cut costs, even if it was gross and time consuming (which its NOT but I had so many preconceived notions when I first started CDing) A great momma on this board loaned me her Happy Heinys completely free of charge, and the rest is history.

I have a baby due in 4 weeks now and had just about nothing for her, and not much room to buy anything. Not many hand me down diapers either since I didnt start CDing till my DD was in a large.

I contacted Miracle Diapers (they accept applications 1/2 of every month) and let them know of my situation, and that I really wanted to keep CDing but had nothing for my newborn and only a small stash for my oldest, including the loaners that I've had for months and months now. It took awhile for the whole process of applying, getting accepted, and getting the diapers to me, but I just cannot put into words how incredible what they sent was, and how amazed I am that so many people are SO generous, to allow this to happen.

I have received a dozen large girly colored FB's with inserts (all brand new), a nylon bag, fleece inserts to lay on top of the FB's to make cleaning them easier, a snappi, a TON of prefolds, half a dozen white infant covers, half a dozen pockets (swaddlebees and FBs - all new). Everything in girly or neutral colors too. Its like Christmas today. I'm so excited that I just cant stop shaking! Their generosity is beyond amazing to me.

So long story short, I just wanted to send a huge thank you to Miracle Diapers, and to all of the mommas that have loaned out diapers to other mommas, or given out things free on FSOT or otherwise generously helped eachother out in times of need.

For more information on Miracle Diapers, visit their website at: http://www.miraclediapers.org/

If you have diapering stuff to donate, this is a great way to make sure it gets into as many mommas hands as possible. For information on donating you can go here: http://www.miraclediapers.org/donation.html

And for anyone who is having a tough time getting enough to make their CDing ends meet, you can apply the 1st - 15th, and their guidelines are very individualized. (my DH makes ok money, but between hs'ing a special needs child, buying an old house that has literally fallen down around us this year, and expecting a new baby, we were very strapped for necessities)

I just had to share how great of an experience it was, and how great an organization they are.
onyxravnos likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page