Stacinators - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 06-27-2003, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I love the quality on my Stacinator wool covers!

I'm kind of partial to diapers that are finished-looking (not a fan of the serged edge), and find that they construction and quality of my Stac are great!
#2 of 17 Old 07-14-2003, 07:43 AM

I have 3 stacinator so simple covers and love them. They are a little bulky/poofy, but fit well under clothes. I LOVE the fleece waist and cuffs. NO RED MARKS ever. I have a pull on and side snap and like them both. I highly reccomend the so simple covers if you are having issues with red marks.
Corrie

Buy or sell safe scents for your home!! Check out Scentsy!! Start your own business for only $99.
#3 of 17 Old 07-30-2003, 03:27 PM

The customer service I received as a second-hand purchaser has been unbelievable. She replaced one of the Stacinator wool covers I bought second-hand b/c it might have been made of defective wool. She was great to work with.

The cover itself, however, is not one of our favorites. Although the wool is very soft, the cover is so thick and solid that it doesn't stretch well over the diaper. It's a bit short in the rise and I find that my snappied prefolds seem to like to poke out the top. Nice thing, though, is that these covers are pretty easy to find and reasonably priced in comparison to other wool covers. They might work better over fitted diapers; I don't know.

Angie

Angie, Mama to Finn (6/01) and Theo (4/05)
#4 of 17 Old 08-05-2003, 05:53 PM

This is my favorite *no frills* wool cover. We've never had leaking or wicking, even after 12 hours for my heavy wetter. The fit is wonderful and very adjustable. Its trimer than an Aristocrat, but thicker than a Phunkymama. It fits nicely under clothes. It's also smooth and not itchy in the least.

Very nice cover!
#5 of 17 Old 09-17-2003, 07:28 PM

My stacinator wool cover leaked. I bought the 2 layer night time cover and it always seemed to leak. My DS is a super-heavy wetter so that may be why.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#6 of 17 Old 10-15-2003, 05:45 PM

My Stacinator wool shrunk terribly, even though I followed the washing instructions on the sewn-in label. It went from a large to a S/M.
#7 of 17 Old 10-17-2003, 11:24 AM

My Stacinator wool cover shrunk to almost nothing, even with following the washing instructions. I never could get a very good fit on ds around the legs either, so we had quite a few leaks.
I found it to be an ok cover for a little immobile baby, but once baby is up & moving this was not the cover for us.
#8 of 17 Old 02-21-2004, 05:32 PM

Stacinator wool covers were OK for us. They were only suitable as a day cover for us.
These were my only probs with them:
The elastic is encased in a way that the cover slides over on it and bunches up constantly.
When snapped on the tightest settings, the bottom corners of the "wings" that should be inside the cover inevitibly poke out of the legs of the cover.
Holly
#9 of 17 Old 03-04-2004, 12:40 PM

Stacinator was the fist wool cover I used so of course I have to love it. I had a butter yellow and I really did love it, even compared to my other wool. The fit was perfect, the wool stayed soft (I hand wash/lanolize) and it never leaked even though my girl is a super heavy wetter. I know a lot of people are not into Stacinator but it gets a thumbs up for me as a good, easy to find, reasonably priced starter piece of wool.

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
#10 of 17 Old 03-11-2004, 03:14 PM

The perfect night time cover! It is very leakproof,and fits over most diaper. I love this cover!!!
#11 of 17 Old 04-19-2004, 09:59 AM

I too love my Stacinator on my toddler. So much that I ordered one of each size for the baby. I never had a leak, no wicking, no red marks, ect... Excellent for overnight. Easy to care for and has kept it's shape well despite lots of handwashing (my son seems to like to poop in his : ).
#12 of 17 Old 07-23-2004, 05:53 PM

I like the Stacinator wool covers. I have tried the old style on my toddler and the new ones with my newborn. I would classify them as a daytime cover. I do wish there were a few snaps on the side though, sometimes the fit is tricky although i love the side snap concept. The new ones are very soft and snuggly wool.

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#13 of 17 Old 07-27-2004, 09:21 AM

We had a Stacinator So Simple cover. It worked very well at night, no red marks and plenty of room for whatever you want to put in it. Our child has relatively thin thighs and a high rise. My only slightly negative comment would be that the fleece on the trim looks ratty after one wash (though of course it works just fine) and that the stitching and finishing are not any better than they have to be - I had to clip hanging threads when I first got it, and felt that the stitch length on the cover was about the max. That is my personal opinion and I am sure it doesn't affect the durability and usefulness of the cover - it's a great performer and it was nice to have one around that we never had to worry about fitting, it was very reliable for us.
#14 of 17 Old 08-04-2004, 02:21 AM

My Stacinator wool covers (the original design/wool) were my favorite cover for my heavy wetter for both nighttime and day use. Never wicked, never leaked, never too bulky. Rarely had to lanolize them.

Then the wool changed, as did the product design. The "new trim design" does not allow adequate coverage with both fitted diapers(Kissaluvs) and prefolds. The quality of coverage I had come to know with the former wool/design no longer exists in my opinion.

The wool easily pills; the wool is stiff, even after washing according to directions. I haven't had any problems with shrinkage, as some CDing Mamas have reported.

On the plus side, if I can keep the diaper within the cover, there is no leaking or wicking.
#15 of 17 Old 08-04-2004, 09:09 AM

Darn, I can't edit my post. I wanted to add I did get some of the new wool and I dont' like it as much (I could actually squeeze the medium on my skinny toddler, lol!). The older kind is softer and pliable and HappyMama pretty much described the rest about the new wool. Get the older kind if you can!
#16 of 17 Old 08-19-2004, 12:01 PM

I really like my Stacinator. I got it used from a mama on MDC, so I don't know how old it is. I lanolinized it really good, and now use it for nighttime. It is big enough to hold lots of prefolds and doublers, and my DD can make it thru the night w/out getting her sheet all wet. Bonus! I don't use it during the day b/c w/ a daytime diaper it is too bulky. But kudos to the Statcinator for nighttime! Oh, and the fit itself is good, lots of elastic and snaps, my sz Sm has worked for DD from 10 to 16 lbs, and she still has more room left!
#17 of 17 Old 10-20-2004, 12:06 AM

Love our Stacinators! And Stacy is a GREAT WAHM!!!! I think I own 25 So Simples in different sizes. The larges are currently on their second baby. They're durable and work great!! Love the fleece cuffs - no red marks on waist and legs. I recently bought one of her new stretch wool covers. VERY nice! And Stacy was kindly added extra snaps for my skinny ds.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page