Tye Dye Dreams - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 08-08-2003, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a girl's dress from Shelley (kindmomma) and it is beautiful! She works with clothing and CPFs and turns plain white into wonderful. Go on, look for yourself!

Tye Dye Dreams

I'm ordering CPFs next... can't wait!
#2 of 23 Old 08-25-2003, 02:17 PM

I got a diaper/t-shirt set and some playsilks from Shelly, at TDD, and they are amazing!! The colors are so vibrant, and I my dipe has not bled even when sitting in the diaper pail for 3 days! She is great to work with, and included a great free gift! I'm saving up to have some of my prefold dyed right now!

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#3 of 23 Old 08-27-2003, 12:02 PM

I have a beautiful skirt that Shelly made. The colors are very vibrant and have not faded or bled at all in repeated washings. The skirt fit perfectly. She even mailed it express and kissed the man at the post office so it would arrive before I left on vacation.

I would highly recommend her, she was/is great to work with and I can't wait to get dd her matching dress.
#4 of 23 Old 09-09-2003, 12:02 PM

OMG I LOOOOOOOOVE what shelly does with dye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got the rainbow tshirts, a couple of prefolds, and a matching tshirt and prefold set.................................. they are all GORGEOUS!!!! the colors are bright and vibrant, and her prices are resonable too!!!!! she also included a tshirt that went a little funky on her and a free gift. she is such a dear

buy something, you won't be disappointed !
#5 of 23 Old 09-28-2003, 02:40 PM

I just got my custom order from Shelly and they are so beautiful. I ordered some prefolds, a playsilk, and some undies for Kayla and everything is even better in person. The colors did not bleed in the wash, I even washed them with some white prefolds and they were just fine! Shelly is also wonderful to work with I'll be back again and again.
#6 of 23 Old 09-30-2003, 07:20 PM

i scored a custom slot and ordered a bright set of shirts for my boy! Want to see? Look!

I am so pleased. I also have a large playsilk and its amazing!

Tabitha

Hi, I'm Tabitha. I'm a homeschooling mother of four: ds (11) dd (9) ds (7) ds (5) And I'm expecting a fifth in 2014! Find me at http://www.omelay.blogspot.com
#7 of 23 Old 09-30-2003, 10:42 PM

I am waiting on an order from Shelly and I will update this post when it arrives. She has been so wonderful to work with, based on her customer service alone I am already recommending her to folks all the time!

Lauren

Okay, so I got my stuff today and it is gorgeous! I am thrilled! I will post pics. Yay! and I got a much needed snappi, thank you very much Shelly.
#8 of 23 Old 10-02-2003, 02:39 AM

EXCELLENT color combos, superior customer service, and the HIGHEST quality items.............NO holes in her onesies like some other tiedye wahms. YEAH for Kindmomma!

Terri, sewing mama to 4 beautiful girls and the boy, Finn. We novaxnocirc.giffamilybed1.gifh20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gifsewmachine.gif since 1996!
#9 of 23 Old 10-02-2003, 08:43 PM

Havent gotten my items in my hand yet but i have some pictures of them and they look ADORABLE!!!!!! I cant wait for them to get here the colors the art work a dream.....As soon as i get my prefolds i will pet them and roll around with them..lol

:My 7 year old boy Ari, my fun loving husband and my life!
#10 of 23 Old 04-01-2004, 08:55 PM

We have two bandanas and a blankie and I must say they are absolutely stunning. Shelly does great work and has great customer service. I haven't experienced any bleeding with her products. I will definitely be buying from her again!
#11 of 23 Old 07-12-2004, 12:48 PM

Shelly does awesome work. I am the proud owner of many prefolds Shelly has dyed. I have never had an issue with her products bleeding. The colors stay bright and vibrant through a heck of a lot of washes. Not one of my prefolds has faded in the least. Shelly is super friendly and has great customer service. I WILL be buying from her again soon
#12 of 23 Old 07-17-2004, 12:53 PM

I was gifted a tie dye prefold awhile back and it has held up beautifully! I will most definatley be doing business with her.
#13 of 23 Old 07-22-2004, 01:24 PM

I have ordered many times from Shelly and she is awesome to work with!

Her stuff is amazing, I get comments all the time.

Nothing has ever bled. Very good quality products!

Nada
#14 of 23 Old 07-23-2004, 07:05 PM

DREAM is right! She is a dream to work with and her products are a dream to own!
#15 of 23 Old 07-27-2004, 02:05 PM

Oh this is my um well....latest order from TDD, I love her stuff! Shelly does wonderful work, has great products and never an issue with bleeding or fading at all! Vibrant colors that LAST and LAST. One of my Tye Dyed prefolds actually got dumped into a load with BLEACH (*GASP*) I cried about it, thinking it was ruined....and you know it came out just as bright and vibrant as it was when it went in!! I wouldn't recommend it for regular use, but THAT is how unreal awsome these products are!

I have just placed another order for a dozen infants done in a rainbow for the new baby...I can't wait! ~
#16 of 23 Old 10-01-2004, 12:46 AM
Ok

I've ordered twice from TDD. The first time a couple tshirts and a diaper. Later, I ordered a few more tshirts.

The customer service is excellent-- Shelly is quick to respond to emails, quickly fixed a glitch in the invoice setup (didn't take off the sale discount) by refunding the sales amount, and quick to ship.

I love the colors and the quality of work she does!

My one caveat is that the children's sizes seem a little smaller than expected. A 10-12 fits on my normal-sized 6yo girl for instance. I don't know if the dye process (and "finishing" of the dye) shrinks the shirt a little, or just the shirts she's using run smaller. So the shirt I got for my nephew I gave to my son. I didn't bother Shelly with this issue b/c the shirt was great and there was no way I was going to send it back. I just found someone else to wear the shirt. So when I ordered the next time, I just sized up appropriately. I did buy an adult large as well, and I think that ran more true to size.

I definitely join the ranks of those who sing her praises: great WAHM, great service and great products.
#17 of 23 Old 10-01-2004, 02:54 AM

I've purchased several different items from Shelly including solid and tye dyed prefolds, tye dye custom jobs, and solid and tye dyed and hand painted children's clothing and have been extremely satisfied everytime I've ordered from her. I've never had any bleeding problems at all, and her tye dye work is truly a piece of art.
#18 of 23 Old 11-15-2004, 12:35 AM

we just got 3 long-sleeve tees from TDD and LOVE them! super quick custom work and a sweetie of a WAHM!
#19 of 23 Old 03-18-2005, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyriver
super quick custom work and a sweetie of a WAHM!
I totally agree with Jenny.I have 2 of her adult shirts (me and my mom now match and my son has a shirt that matches as well). I love them. the colors are extraordinary. They have never bled either. I got them quickly delivered too. Shelly is a dream of a wahm. I'll be returning to buy more. I also have her prefolds dyed and tyedyed. My favorite are the dyed because they are so simple yet beautiful.

notes2.gifDina sahm to geek.gif, bikenew.gif, and joy.gif. I'm always computergeek2.gif, dishes.gif andhang.gif.
#20 of 23 Old 03-24-2005, 10:22 PM

I have made several purchases from Shelly at Tye Dye dreams. All her work is perfect. She ships promptly, and is great about communication.

I have several baby t shirts, a shirt for me, and lots of flatfolds and prefolds and these are all dyed beautifully!
Highly recommend this mama!
#21 of 23 Old 05-12-2005, 01:06 AM

Shelly's work is AMAZING!! I ordered a doz PF and the colors are just stunning-and she is one nice mama to work with! I even got a free pen and candles!
#22 of 23 Old 10-30-2005, 02:26 AM

I won a Tye Dye Dreams prefold and shirt set in a charity auction, and while it took longer to arrive than I would expect for an instock item, I was impressed with the quality of the dye job.
#23 of 23 Old 12-02-2005, 05:20 PM

I got a custom slot with Shelley a few months ago, and I am just getting around to reviewing her. I ordered 7 or 8 tie-dyed Toddler prefolds, and I just gave Shelley a little direction as to colors I like, etc. She was great to communicate with me, she made and shipped the PFs quickly (within 2-3 weeks for a totally custom order) and when I received them they were absolutely GORGEOUS. They were exactly what I wanted, and they have held up wonderfully over the time that I have used them. They are my PFs that I use when I know my son will be coverless around the house, because I just love to look at them.

She also sent some incredibly generous freebies with my order, including a beautiful tie-dyed playsilk that my son absolutely loves. He carries that thing all over the place! And the diapers still look like the day I got them, even though I use them very heavily and it's been a few months. If I ever need diapers dyed again, I know where to go! Thanks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page