The Cushie Tushie - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 33 Old 08-24-2003, 04:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
www.thecushietushie.com

I purchased a Hand-Knit Wool Soaker from her and it is wonderful. She knit the leg openings to custom fit my son. She has excellent customer service, as well as a gorgeous product.

Thanks!
#2 of 33 Old 09-25-2003, 12:38 AM

I got my wool soaker longie pants today, and they are unbelievable!!! Dd wore them for her several hour long nap today and they were amazing! Now I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to get some!
Marnie's customer service is awesome, as is her knitting skill. These pants are FLAWLESS, and the fit is perfect. I can't say enough wonderful things about The Cushie Tushie - so get on over there and check 'em out!
#3 of 33 Old 03-06-2004, 12:28 AM

I have a pant/hat set from Marnie and I am in
She takes her time to produce a top quality product that I am sure my son will be able to pass on to his children. If you want soakers/ pants sets you should run over to www.thecushietushie.com

Shelly- www.hyenacart.com/tyedyedreams 12 years and going strong Bleed free prefolds, flats and clothes
#4 of 33 Old 04-10-2004, 11:26 AM

I bought a Tushie Cushie diaper off of the TP. The momma I bought it from said it was just too big for her daught. Well it is beautiful! A quote from the momma I bought it from "If the Easter Bunny knitted soakers this is the one she would knit." And I totaly agree! It is just so beautiful! A bit big on my little guy but he will grow into it very quickly, he wears it now and it works great!

Soaker

I have to fold down the waist and tie the tie tight, but it still works great! I love it! Ok I am done raving now!
#5 of 33 Old 06-02-2004, 11:58 PM

I have soakers from both Marnie and Dana of The Cushie Tushie. One from Marnie was an instock (not custom) soaker that my dd outgrew in the rise within a couple weeks of receiving it. I contacted Marnie and she replied very promptly stating that I could send it back and she would add to the rise - free of charge! I was SO thrilled about this because the soaker fit perfectly otherwise and is gorgeous! She contacted me today to say it is ready and will be mailed when it is dry - I just sent it back a few days ago! Marnie's work is beautiful and her customer service is excellent.

The soaker from Dana was a "sort of custom" and is also gorgeous! Dana kept me informed on the progress and even let me know that there would be a slight delay with shipping due to a family emergency. I still received the soaker very promptly and am quite impressed by the workMOMship!

My soakers from The Cushie Tushie are some of my favorites in our stash and I will certainly purchase from them again! What a wonderful team of mamas!
#6 of 33 Old 06-15-2004, 07:31 PM

I don't actually know if this what they are called, but I have a pair of Julie's soaker shorts, and they are perfect. The quality of her knitting is impeccable and it fits my ds wonderfully. Her customer service is great! She gives frequent updates on her custom orders, and sends progress pictures as well as the pics of the finished product. I can't say enough about my beloved soaker! I loved the first one so much, I ordered 2 more the day I got them. :LOL Strangers stop me to ask where I got them and to gush about how beautiful they are! Thanks Julie!!!

Tina ~ SAHcarrot.gif- head Mama to - 

DS blowkiss.gif(07/'03), DD energy.gif(05'05), DS, unplanned UC sleepytime.gif(01/'09), DD joy.gif(06/'11) ...

SURPRISE!  dizzy.gifNew little one, due Sept. 2013

#7 of 33 Old 06-24-2004, 10:53 PM

Our soakers from Julie arrived today, and I really can't say enough. I can't take enough pictures, can't show them to enough people, can't wait for DS to wake up so I can put them on them again- the only thing I can do is go on and on about how incredible these are.

Julie's customer service is incredible- she's so responsive, friendly, helpful, patient, and great to work with. The soakers fit like a glove. We received a pair of soaker shorts and a pair of cargo soaker shorts, and I don't know if I'll ever have enough of Julie's soakers in this house!
#8 of 33 Old 06-25-2004, 11:50 PM

I won Julie's cappuccino soaker on E-bay and I it. Everything about the transaction was excellent. She responded immediately by e-mail to let me know when she was shipping and the package arrived from across the country in less than a week. The first thing I noticed was that the envelope was decorated with really neat stamps that have a coffee theme. The soaker was very nicely wrapped, like a gift, and she included a Eucalan sample as well.

But, best of all, the soaker is so well made and so very adorable. It fits my son so well and I love to use it.

I highly recommend Julie's soakers!
#9 of 33 Old 06-26-2004, 06:49 PM

She is awesome! Very good CS, amazing soakers... I'm very pleased with Julie and her work
#10 of 33 Old 07-02-2004, 04:26 PM

I ordered a cute patriotic dress & soaker short set off ebay from Marnie. It fits great & gets a lot of comments! It is well made too.

She told me it would be shipped the next day priority. After 5 days I checked with her since it wasn't here yet. She said, it should be there soon & said she shiped it the day she said she did. Still nothing at 7 days. I finally got it at 9 days. I am very disappointed in the slow shipping. I wish I had known before. I certainly wouldn't have done a BIN & paid so much.
#11 of 33 Old 07-09-2004, 12:26 PM

I got my KTO from Marnie yesterday and I it. It's very well made and very cute. Can't wait to put it on my babe
#12 of 33 Old 07-12-2004, 02:59 PM

I have two pairs of Cushie Tushie longies.

Great workmanship, I love the classic straight leg look but, they do run a bit narrow in the upper thigh because of this design. So if your kiddo has super chubbo thighs be sure and get actual measurements of in stock items or have Marnie adjust her pattern accordingly.
#13 of 33 Old 07-15-2004, 04:40 PM

We love DS's Cushie Tushie soaker. It was a KTO and fits him nicely- but with room to grow. I'm betting we'll get another summer's wear out of this, and then hope to pass it down to another baby one of these days

Marnie is so great to work with, helpful, friendly, and the fastest knitter in the west! :LOL
#14 of 33 Old 08-09-2004, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaper_Addict_Jen
I ordered a cute patriotic dress & soaker short set off ebay from Marnie. It fits great & gets a lot of comments! It is well made too.

She told me it would be shipped the next day priority. After 5 days I checked with her since it wasn't here yet. She said, it should be there soon & said she shiped it the day she said she did. Still nothing at 7 days. I finally got it at 9 days. I am very disappointed in the slow shipping. I wish I had known before. I certainly wouldn't have done a BIN & paid so much.
I am sorry that this took so long, there isn't more I could have done, it shipped next day (a Sat) priority mail, which meant it probably didn't even get picked up until Monday, 7 days later it arrived, I agree too long for priority, but I don't know what I could have done to make it come faster. I did offer a refund of the full purchase price if it didn't arrive before the holiday it was intended for. It arrived a week before the 4th.
#15 of 33 Old 11-01-2004, 04:05 PM

I placed an order for a pair of knit wool pants from Marnie on July 18. I have two pairs from her already that I REALLY like. I received an email stating that my pants had shipped on 8/30. Shortly after that, Marnie went into the hospital for pregnancy complications.

I did not receive the pants and knew Marnie was in the hospital, so I figured I'd be in contact with her about them once she was home and healed. She did email on 9/25 to say that the pants were returned for mangled postage and that they would be mailed again shortly, but that the printer was broken and it would be awhile before she was able to print postage.

On 9/27 I emailed saying that I was going out of town the first week of October and was wondering if she would be able to mail them so that I would have them for our trip. Unfortunately, she was not able to get to her emails until the 29th (a new baby doesn't allow for much computer time, which I completely understand), but she said she was hoping to get to the printer soon.

I replied saying that was no problem if they didn't make it in time for our trip to which she replied that she was now out of printer ink and would have to order some, but that the pants should be waiting for me when I returned from vacation.

On October 11, I emailed saying that I would be willing to send a postage paid netstamp (I use stamps.com) so that Marnie wouldn't have to worry about printing new postage. She replied saying the pants had been mailed on the 9th. I received them the following Friday (October 15) with the original label (printed on 8/30) still attached. I have stamps.com and to my knowledge, it is not possible to reprint a label on a later date. Reprinting is only allowed immediately after the original is printed (and only if there was an error while printing). I could be mistaken, though.

The pants were beautiful, but unfortunately they were just a tad too small for my dd so I had to sell them. They went to a loving, though.

The end product was gorgeous and I realize that is must be VERY hard to run a business with pregnancy complications and a baby born 4 weeks early. The wait for the pants which was mostly because of postage issues did seem like a bit much, though.
#16 of 33 Old 11-05-2004, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellieblue
On October 11, I emailed saying that I would be willing to send a postage paid netstamp (I use stamps.com) so that Marnie wouldn't have to worry about printing new postage. She replied saying the pants had been mailed on the 9th. I received them the following Friday (October 15) with the original label (printed on 8/30) still attached. I have stamps.com and to my knowledge, it is not possible to reprint a label on a later date. Reprinting is only allowed immediately after the original is printed (and only if there was an error while printing). I could be mistaken, though.

The pants were beautiful, but unfortunately they were just a tad too small for my dd so I had to sell them. They went to a loving, though.

The end product was gorgeous and I realize that is must be VERY hard to run a business with pregnancy complications and a baby born 4 weeks early. The wait for the pants which was mostly because of postage issues did seem like a bit much, though.
Just to explain, while it isn't possible to re-print postage through stamps.com after the fact, it is possible to print them through your printer if you save all print jobs in cache, which I do for this reason, stamps.com just started the re-print option and with kids we all know things can happen to postage after it is printed on occasion, so I save all print jobs through my computer and I can re-print postage as many times as I may need, your package should have had a date correction sticker on it though?

I am very sorry for the delays in the packages sent out before I went into the hospital, I was unable to unjam the printer for a long while because it is on the floor and I had a c-section and was unable to get down there, my DH couldn't do it (he had tried but was afraid to break the printer).

I so appreciate the patience, I am sorry the pants were to small.
#17 of 33 Old 01-26-2005, 01:35 AM

I have a soaker and two pair of pants knitted by Julie and I them. They are all beautiful and fit my little guy perfectly. Julie is great with e-mails and letting me know the progress of my item. I recently placed another order for a soaker from Julie and I can't wait to get it.
#18 of 33 Old 08-31-2005, 08:11 PM

The Cushie Tushie! What a fabulous consistently high quality WAHM group! I was blessed enough to score a custom slot with Marnie one stocking and then like magic a week later, I found out I was pregnant. She did not hesitate to add a pair of newborn longies onto the order and was even really patient with me as I hemmed and hawed about color schemes! The end result is just sooo delicious!!! TCT makes TRUE newborn sized longies/shorties/soakers. They are cute and tiny! Great talents!
Thank you!

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#19 of 33 Old 09-01-2005, 11:21 AM

I have had 4 cushie tushie items all knit by marnie and they have all fit like a dream. 2 pairs of pants, 1 soaker and 1 pair of shorts
I am actually looking forward to fall so Josh can wear his pants some more.
I love my wool from TCT
Such great, kind mommas to work with and GREAT colors and styles

Shelly- www.hyenacart.com/tyedyedreams 12 years and going strong Bleed free prefolds, flats and clothes
#20 of 33 Old 09-03-2005, 02:50 PM

I bought a custom BFL spot from Julie last winter and got an amazing pair of longies in the "winter skies" colorway. Julie's hand dyed yarns are awesome and the longies were perfectly knitted and have an amazing fit. My dd wore these longies all the time and they held up beautifully. I just sadly passed them on to another mama because they are too short. If I can ever get another custom slot I will grab it. Julie does lovely work!

I also have an amazingly soft soaker knitted by Marnie that my dd wears every other night. It is a beautiful coffee colored yarn and is so soft you could wear it for underwear. And it works great!

So big for The Cushie Tushie!!
#21 of 33 Old 09-08-2005, 10:43 PM

i won a custom from julie off of the 2/05 FF auctions on WAHMchicks. i went with a longies/hat set and it's beautiful! julie was really easy to work with and fast. i always keep my eye out for more custom slots because everything i see from TCT looks awesome
#22 of 33 Old 09-08-2005, 10:44 PM

Last fall I bought a custom spot from Marnie of the Cushie Tushie. She was so helpful in designing my amazing longies/hat set! The yarn was so soft, the colors were beautiful, the knitting was perfect, and the embellishment was so cute! Her customer service is amazing. I wouldn't hesitate to order from TCT again in the future.

Mama K: Child of God, wife to S, mama to 3 little beauties and 1 handsome little guy!

#23 of 33 Old 09-09-2005, 12:29 PM

I just received a pair of longies with the curly purly waistband from julie at the Cushi Tushie! I love the colors! I haven't had a chance to use it yet since it is still 90 degrees here, but I can't wait!
#24 of 33 Old 09-10-2005, 09:13 AM

I won a crazy soaker slot with Marnie and she did a great job. It was beautifully made and arrived quickly. Marnie is an absolute sweetheart to work with and I currently have a custom with her for a complete set. So far working with her has been a dream
#25 of 33 Old 09-13-2005, 03:35 PM

I've worked with Julie twice in the past year. Once was a custom soaker w/embellishment and another was a pair of embellished shorts. Both items are absolutely beautiful. I look forward to working with Julie again!!
#26 of 33 Old 09-17-2005, 11:31 PM

I purchased a wonderful pair of TCT shorties and they've always been fabulous. They're so well made with great, tight stitches and a perfect round drawstring. They're thick enough to work well and trim enough not to hinder my son. Thank you for a quality product.
#27 of 33 Old 09-19-2005, 04:51 PM

I just got my first (okay, my daughters first) cushie tushie soaker today in the mail and it is beautiful. The colors are perfect (it was a custom) and the fit is great and the knitting perfect, I just can't wait to score a custom for longies now Thanks Marnie! what beautiful work
crystal
#28 of 33 Old 09-23-2005, 09:18 PM

I purchased a "Boobie Ball" and it is so darn cute. Very well made and well packaged. I loved the little card that came with it. It also shipped super-fast. Thanks TCT
#29 of 33 Old 09-24-2005, 11:25 AM

Although I've never had the honor of owning a piece of Cushie Tushie knitting, I have had a wonderful purchasing experience just this month with Dana. I bought a hand dyed and painted long sleeve t-shirt from Dana. It is the most beautiful shirt DD owns and we will get soooo much wear out of it this fall and winter. Dana did a fabulous job dyeing the shirt a beautiful shade of blue (that will match many of DD's pants because blue is my favorite color for her.) The hand painted flowers are so sweet and bright and colorful. I love the quick shipping and Dana took so much care in packaging this little shirt, which came wrapped in a matching silk bag. Definitely a for Dana and The Cushie Tushie.
#30 of 33 Old 09-27-2005, 03:33 AM

I just received my first pair of TCT longies from Julie and they are superb!! It was a totally custom plot and I could not be more pleased. The colorway is amazing - I love the way it knitted up and it is sooo soft! The knitting is perfect. It's still too warm to use them but I know they will be a fav this winter ( when it gets to be winter in the desert LOL!)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page