Mother of Eden - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-26-2003, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mother of Eden Overnite Undies

Look: The overnight undies are plain white. There are three snaps down each side for easy removal if need be. There are two rows of snaps on the hip and two rows at the thigh, with just one snap in the center.

Feel: Well, my 6 year old DD (who has been wearing disposable 'Not so Good'Nights) exclaimed while putting her pair of Overnight Undies on "OOOOH!!! These are NICE! I like them. They're soft." My special needs 4 year old DD smiled and giggled and giggled when we put them on her, and said "YAY!" I liked the feel of them too. They felt, well, fluffy and soft!

Fit: They both fit rather snugly, so if you child sits on the range of 2 sizes, I'd size up a bit. For instance, my 6 year old DD is in a size 6/8 and it fits 'just right' now. She is able to pull them up and down to use the bathroom at night.

Absorbency: Seemed to also be perfect for my DDs. They sleep heavily and therefore wet heavily at night. They awoke with no leaks!

Ease of Use: My girls needed these on the larger set of snaps at the thigh and waist in order to be able to pull these on and off by themselves. They were very easy for them to use. In fact, my escape artist 4 year old DD took her Overnight Undies OFF the night we tried them. TWICE! DH and I got them back on her before we went to bed, but when we awoke the next morning to her gleeful laughter, she had taken them off again. LOL!

Price: I ordered these directly from http://www.motherofeden.com and paid $18.95 plus shipping. The MSRP is $24.00, so definitely shop around to get the best price, since that is a wide range in which a price could be set.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also purchased a pair of Mother of Eden Trickle Free Trainers for daytime for my 4yo. (Because she has special needs, she is training later. She is also a heavy wetter, since she has the concept of 'holding it' she lets it all go in one gush. Now we just have to help her relax on the potty to let the river flow there.)

Absorbency: These have less absorbant material in them than the overnight undies, but I was pleasantly surprised at the amount they were actually able to hold. Other than the absorbency and price, these are the same as the Overnight Undies as far as look, feel, fit, and ease of use.

Price: I ordered these directly from http://www.motherofeden.com and paid $11.95 plus shipping.

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

#2 of 2 Old 02-21-2004, 06:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I tried the Overnite Undies without the microfleece lining. I tried the second "version", after the sizing was adjusted, as I understand.

I got the 4/6 for my 5 year old and they were too tight, so we should have sized UP. They left marks around her thighs. They also leaked a bit every time we used them. I don't know if it's just because of the foldover elastic, or if it's because they aren't absorbant enough for her. She can usually make it through the night with a premium prefold in a pocket diaper (so you have something to gage/compare by), though, so I would think these would hold as much as that, but apparently they don't. Perhaps with the microfleece lining, they would be able to hold it all?

I would like to try these in the next size up WITH the micro lining, but the cost is prohibitive for me, when I'm not sure how they will work.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page