Fussybutt - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 11-09-2003, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I bought a couple of embroidered diapers from Christy and wanted to share what I thought. She embroiders on Happy Heiny’s and Fuzzi Bunz, so for the actual diaper, you can read those reviews in their respective threads. What I am really reviewing is the fact that she takes these diapers and adds to them the cutest embroidered designs (she has just about everything under the sun for designs). I ordered 2 and could not be more pleased with their performance. I had wondered if embroidering on them would cause them to leak/wick, but they absolutely do not! She has her own process of ensuring they do not (an extra layer of PUL) that definitely works. I am so happy I can have a cute, personalized diaper with no leaks. We have had these for a while and their designs are holding up perfectly. Also her customer service is great and her delivery was super fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 27 Old 11-17-2003, 06:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ditto! Christy is super sweet and I love her designs!! I have some super cute embroidered dipes from her. She is fast and does a super job. Also I agree that they do not wick/leak. A perfect way to get a customized/unique design!

Desiree

#3 of 27 Old 12-31-2003, 03:45 PM

I'm another happy FussyButt customer!

Others have commented on the quality embroidry job and speedy service offered by Christy, and I agree--I would also like to comment on her dedication to style and design!

She and I lobbed emails back and forth, talking about different embroidry designs not listed on her web store (but listed in conjunction with the FussyButt Yahoo group). With so many awesome choices, it was quite difficult to decide on a design & the best FuzziBuns diaper color to compliment the pattern.

It was fun for me to know that Christy cared as much about my diaper as I do--and we mamas know how easy it is to become completely insane when selecting a new dipe for the stash!

I am also impressed at the competitiveness of FussyButt.com's prices--I assumed that the diapers themselves would be at the high end of the 'regular' price for a FuzziBuns, but I would buy a plain ol' FuzziBuns from FuzzyButt just as I would from another non-embroidering WAHM site. The extra fee for an embroidered design is very fair, with a range of prices reflecting the range of design complexities.

The service was soooooo speedy, too. I am a mailman STALKER, and I never work up to the fevered frenzy when I order from FussyButt (you know--that point where you can't wait ANY longer and finally email the WAHM: when will I get my order? and then it arrives that day when you've been so impatient? :LOL )
#4 of 27 Old 09-29-2004, 06:19 AM

Customer service:
I ordered an embroidered FuzziBunz diaper from Christy at Fussybutt for my son. I was very impressed when she emailed me within a day to say she was working on it and would be mailing it the following day (a Monday). There was a small problem with the order when it arrived - but SHE called ME before I could even contact her about it! She gets for customer service! My replacement dipe was at my door before I could get the first one back to her - I handed it to the mail carrier who then handed me my package!

Embroidered diaper:
The diaper is too cute! It has a duckie and his name on it. There's a layer of PUL inside the pocket covering the stitching to prevent any wicking - and she guarantees it won't wick! I will definitely be ordering more of these - as soon as I can decide which of her many designs I want next!

Wipes:
Christy included one of her velour/sherpa wipes with the first dipe. SO soft!! I ordered more and received them with the replacement diaper. I these wipes!! I have several velour combinations and different colors. They are a very generous size and feel so nice to use!

Fussybutt Fitted Diaper:
I have a seconds velour (not organic) fitted diaper from Fussybutt - though I can't tell why it's a seconds, even though she told me! :LOL It's velour outer, sherpa inner, and velour-topped doubler. The blue velour is absolutely gorgeous and so incredibly soft!! The small size fits my 3 week old very nicely and seems quite trim on him. He definitely has room to grow in it, but still isn't swimming in it like in some smalls. I am very impressed with the absorbancy, especially given how well it fits my little guy. I will definitely be in line for her next stocking!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#5 of 27 Old 09-30-2004, 07:05 PM

Christy is the BEST! I have several embroidered pieces from her, shirts and diapers, and they are all perfect. She is REALLY fun to work with, her choices are practically endless and she is so fast you will be shocked. I ordered a custom embroidery shirt from her and had it in 2 days!

Her new fitted diapers are (I say without hyperbole!) possibly the best diapers available. They are so absorbent my super soaker can go coverless out of the house in these! She has the softest organic velour and really great hemp and embroidery designs.

Christy is my favorite WAHM, you won't go wrong ordering from her.

Fussybutt!

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
#6 of 27 Old 10-01-2004, 10:51 PM

Fussybutt Fitted Diaper

I purchased a new Fussybutt fitted diaper from Christy at the Fussybutt website. My diaper arrived promptly within 5 days (weekend included). It was packaged attractively in tissue paper and a ribbon with a cute little logo sticker. Very nice presentation. I really like it when a wahm presents her product attractively. Feels like you are getting a present.

This is the most incredibly softest diaper that I have ever felt. It is organic velour on the exterior with an interior combo of organic fleece and cotton. Just sooooo plush and soft. I purchased a medium diaper and it worked on my 11 lb daughter on the next to the tightest snaps. Lots of grow room left while being exceptionally trim.

I found this diaper to be very absorbant and my daughter is a super-wetter. There were 2 soakers in this diaper: a main soaker and a snap-in. The fabric and design allow this diaper to be very quick drying. It took only 10 minutes longer to dry than my fireflys and actually dried quicker than my prefolds. Now, that's a fast drying diaper!

And, like the other reviewers have attested to, Christy's customer service is excellent. She's a sweetheart.

Overall, this is just an incredibly awesome diaper: organic materials, super plush, very absorbant, attractive, trim and quick-drying. What more can you ask for? I would like to have a dozen of these in my stash as I can already tell that this is gonna be one of the diapers that I reach for first.
#7 of 27 Old 10-19-2004, 04:17 PM

I purchased a fussybutt organic velour fitted and it is an absolute dream diaper. I love the feel, the fit and the excellent customer service that came along with it! Feel comfortable in knowing there are no worries when purchasing from Fussybutt!

ETA:
Once again I purchased some fussybutts for my newborn and they are fabulous. I am even the owner of her new style which is turned and topstiched with a little bit of serging. They are beautiful diapers and she kept me posted throughout the process about our order status and how things were going.

WOW! WOW! WOW!

The turned and topstitch "New Style" is amazing. The trimness is perfect and the diaper is soooo amazing...I am proud to have a big stash of Christys diapers. I can't wait to get more of these!!!

Lea Anne
#8 of 27 Old 10-20-2004, 05:03 AM

OMG I am in wool cover heaven! Her soft, stretchy wool interlock covers are soooo cozy--my son has never looked more comfy in a wool cover before! They are so stretchy to mold perfectly over the diaper without adding bulk, and completely bulletproof for wetness protection, even overnight! The fact that the serging colors and matching celestial embroidery is breathtaking only cinches the deal and makes it one of my very favorite covers ( in a pretty huge hyena wool collection :LOL ) and I find myself reaching for it first ever since I got it!! I highly recommend a wool cover from Christy, even for wool phobes.

Her diapers are of course, perfection. Love the organic materials, love the trim trim trim cut, and the embroidery just makes them so different and special and WOW! I love the design and fit of them, no 'diaper ears' sticking off the sides from a front panel that doesn't lay smoothly against the hips, no bunching or bulk in front (since no front elastic) or any bulk between the legs (super trim cut in the stride) and it just looks like little sweet underwear!!! I need more more more more more of these! I think a fussybutt diaper with a fussybutt cover is our perfect combination for comfyness, cuteness, fit, and function, --try it out if you get the opportunity!
#9 of 27 Old 11-05-2004, 01:28 PM

These diapers are amazing! Fantastic fit, super soft, and the customer service is incredible! We have well over 7 dozen diapers (and we've tried just about everything out there) and this is my favorite. I'd switch our whole stash to Fussybutt, if I thought I could score that many at a stocking!
#10 of 27 Old 11-14-2004, 08:44 PM

Christy is an amazing WAHM. Her customer service is outstanding and she iw wonderfully nice to chat with. On top of all that, she has designed an amazing diaper. They are incredibly trim and cute, as well as absorbant. The emroidery is just icing on an already sweet cake

I *love* Fussybutt! I plan on loading my diaper stash up with tons of them!

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
#11 of 27 Old 11-15-2004, 01:13 AM

I LOVE FUSSYBUTT! christy is SO sweet and really cares about CS and her products. it's great to have a WAHM as concerned about their products as she is...you know what you're getting has really been well made and cared for when you get it.

her diapers are like soft clouds! but absorbant ones i really didn't know what the big deal was about OV until i tried these and now i can see why...it's just so soft and comfy. if you were to pick clothing next to your skin, you'd want this. and they are really absorbant for being so trim fitting. plus her embroidery is really one-of-a-kind and so worth the prices!

we have a wool jersey cover also and it fits like a dream! not just over fussybutts but that combo is really wonderful. they are stretchy and trim, and again, her embroidery is so pretty! we use it during the day and even in wet dipes we have no wetness.

IMO, christy is one of the few, true diaper-artists. i feel good about using her organic fabrics on my baby and to be so pretty on top of that is just a huge bonus - keep up the great work!
#12 of 27 Old 11-15-2004, 07:09 AM

Add me to the list of considering an all-Fussybutt stash! I just got more of the fitteds, these being OV/OC mediums with embroidery. They are so incredibly soft and just gorgeous! It is truly a shame to cover them - and with their incredible absorbency, I've even been brave enough to go without! These are now ones I reach for when going out for a while, as I know they'll hold up incredibly well. Paired up with a wool cover (I don't have hers yet as I'm very new to wool), it's nearly bulletproof. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure that would make a great nighttime combo.

I love the soaker system (one sewn in and one snap in) and how the snap-in has serging matching the outer (easy to match up!). They fit my 11lb 2 month old very well on the smallest settings, so we'll be getting tons of use out of these awesome dipes.

I highly recommend Christy and her luscious velour fitted dipes!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#13 of 27 Old 12-02-2004, 01:29 AM

I have 4 Fussybutt fitted diapers from Christy and they are so awesome!!! Trim, absorbant, and so soft. Christy is wonderful to work with, she's fast to answer emails and very sweet. Her diapers are some of the best I own and I will definitely buy from her again.
#14 of 27 Old 12-19-2004, 06:50 PM

I have 2 new fussybutt fitteds and I'm in LOVE! They are the most expensive diapers I ever bought and honestly they are the only diapers I would pay so much for. They are worth it. I am most impressed with the materials she uses. They are the softest I've ever felt. The fit is awsome! I wasn't sure how great they would fit in the front because she dosen't put in front waist elastic, but the fit is exalent, no droop in the front whatsoever. I love her inovative soaker design, I'm really into quick dry dipes. And the workmanship is flawless, truely.
Can't say enough.. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these dipes!
#15 of 27 Old 12-28-2004, 11:07 PM

I've been using cloth diapers for over 2 years now (first with my son and now with my daughter) and I think i have tried pretty much everything. i can honestly say, without exception, that these are my favorite diapers ever! I would gladly have my entire stash made up of these diapers. the materials are luscious- so unbelievably soft AND absorbant. the design is wonderful- love the soaker style and the lack of front elastic. and they are gorgeous to boot! i just can't say enough good things about them.

i have to start a new paragraph for christy herself because she is just so super sweet. she really really wants you to be happy and she seems happy to email back and forth toget the perfect idea of what you want.

seriously, at least for my daughter, these are the best diapers out there!

fussybutt and christy!!!

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#16 of 27 Old 01-07-2005, 08:50 PM

I just ordered 2 fb's with embroidery on them. They are beautiful.
Christy was so helping helping me decide how I wanted the dipes to look.
She has been so super sweet
#17 of 27 Old 01-10-2005, 02:15 PM

I got 2 fitteds and 1 cover from Christy's last stocking. I am in with these diapers. They are so soft and absorbant. Not to mention Christy is great to work with. I am looking forward to getting more from her
#18 of 27 Old 01-12-2005, 02:23 AM

christy is awesome and fussy butt rocks!
my best friend ordered a custom fleece cover to be made for my daughter's first birthday. we've gotten into a penguin theme for her christmas outfits, so my friend tracked down an embroirdery design with a penguin and she and christy put together THE CUTEST COVER!!! it's soft as can be (and barely pills!) and works wonderfully!
because of this excellent work, i wrote christy about making a special shirt for this same friend's baby (who is due in april). we talked about prices and thread colors and she let me know how she was doing every step of the way. in the end, i received a shirt so cute both christy and i wanted to keep it!!
i'm eagerly awaiting her next stocking so i can snag another cover... and maybe another shirt!!
i highly reccomend fussy butt!!
#19 of 27 Old 02-20-2005, 02:51 AM

i wanted to add a review about our most recent fussybutt - the T&T style it seems impossible, but these fit even better than the serged style - the elastic has been relaxed a bit and the rise seems a touch higher so they fit a bit larger (but def. still in the correct size range she lists). they have all hidden snaps, which is great...it's totally like a soft, comfy but trim pillow on DD's tush! and her new dip dyes are just to DIE for! a perfect product just got better, if ya can believe that!
#20 of 27 Old 05-28-2005, 02:26 AM

Christy is an amazing craftswoman and joy to work with. Really, I can't say enough good things about her and her diapers. I received an embroidered wool interlock cover and coordinating embroidered lap tee from her today and the quality and construction of both are exceptional.

I worried a bit when I saw the cover that it would be too small. I reassured myself that it would stretch though and strech it did. The fit is amazinly trim while still providing enough coverage. I wish all my covers fit so well.

Now if only I could score some of her diapers. If that happens, I'll be a truly happy woman.
#21 of 27 Old 06-02-2005, 01:20 PM

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Christy. First and foremost, she is a fabulous WAHM. She is soo sweet and even though is so incredibly busy, has always gotten back to me really quickly. Plus, everything I ordered has always arrived very quickly. She goes above and beyond to meet the needs of each of her customers.

I have ordered everything from embroidered Fuzzi Bunz, Fussybutt diapers and wool covers. Each item has been impeccable. . perfectly sewn and just beautiful. I have gone through many pictures photographing my children in their Fussybutts. The absorbancy is just wonderful on her diapers and all of the diapers and covers fit my children like a glove. Her medium fitteds fit my 15 lb six month old, as well as my 30+ lb 2 and a half year old.

Anyone who buys from Christy will NOT be disappointed. She gets my highest recommendations.
#22 of 27 Old 06-03-2005, 03:19 AM

First and foremost, I love Christy. She is an absolutely awesome WAHM. She responds quickly to my inquiries and goes above and beyond to make sure that her customer is 100% satisfied.

I have purchased embroidered Fuzzi Bunz, as well as Fussybutt covers and fitteds. Every piece is a work of art. . just flawlessly done. I could just sit and stare at Christy's diapers for hours. She does an amazing job and her creativity is astounding.

I cannot say enough good things about Fussybutt. Anyone who purchases diapers from Christy will be absolutely thrilled with them.
#23 of 27 Old 06-05-2005, 01:01 AM

www.fussybutt.com

I know these diapers have been around for awhile but i wanted to sing my very own praises for these amazing diapers.Each diaper is so well made and the attention to detail is profound.The embroidery,the dyed fabrics, all of these lend to the perfection of these diapers.I love the supreme softness of the velour and the way the organic cotton feels on my babe's behind.Each embroidered item is so unique and i adore the choice of designs.I always get tons of comments from people when we are out in public and i love drawing people's attention to cloth diapers!

The customer service is amazing as well.Christy is very attentive and helpful and kept me up to date on the whole order process.

Here is Stellaria in her first newborn Fussybutt~http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...108AbMWrdw4bs0

to three months later in her mediums~http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...108AbMWrdw4bs0
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...108AbMWrdw4bs0
#24 of 27 Old 06-13-2005, 11:15 PM

:

Christy's work is truly amazing! The diapers are stunning and they fit so well. They are trim, absorbant, gorgeous ... perfection! our Fussybutts, love Christy's customer service, love her attention to detail. My favorite diapers, hands down!
#25 of 27 Old 07-22-2005, 11:37 AM

All of the praise that has been given to Christy and Fussybutt is very rightly deserved. She is an amazing craftswoman and really sweet person.

I ordered a Fussybutt wool cover/fitted set from Universal Mama. Christy was so sweet in communicating very closely with me. She was worried about the fit of the set (I ordered a large), which I though was so cute because she really cares about her customers. The set arrived so quickly - literally one day after I had paid for it! And it fits great! Yes, it is a bit big but dd is growing so fast I'd rather have it big so she can grow into it instead of fit perfectly now but be grown out of in a few months. There is not a stitch out of place and all the materials that were used are top quality.

I can not say enough good things about Christy/Fussybutt. I am so happy I have had the chance to order from her.
#26 of 27 Old 09-10-2005, 10:26 AM

What else can I say about Christy that hasn't been said? She's AMAZING! An artist...a friend...one heckuva seamstress! Her stuff is flawless and should be framed on art gallery walls She's wonderful to work with and truly wants to be your friend and will go out her way to make you happy. Fussybutt just plain ROCKS!
#27 of 27 Old 06-14-2006, 09:49 AM

I recently embarked upon having a couple FB's embroidered, with not much of an idea of exactly what I wanted. Christy was SUPER helpful, offering many different suggestions, color combinations, etc. She walked me through it every single step of the way, and never tired of my undending questions.

I decided to add on a couple embroidered tees to match, and she didn't miss a beat. To top it all off, her work is impeccable, and she shipped it all out soooo quickly! I just can't wait to place another order with her!! She ROCKS!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page