Diaper Covers for Chubby Thighs - Mothering Forums

#1 of 9 Old 06-20-2003, 03:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
My little guy is 13 lbs and 23 inches. Is that chubby? We're using Bummis SWW small size and they leave red marks on his thighs no matter how loosely I fasten them.

My first DS got fat legs, too and he didn't seem to have problem with red marks. He wore the small size until 15 lbs (4 months). What did I do wrong this time? Maybe time to move up to the next size? Or should I try some other covers?

Mom to 2 beautiful autistic boys (13 & 12)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 06-20-2003, 04:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My little guy is now about 16 lbs.. he was 10lbs at birth so I have a lot of experience with chubby legs (all 5 of my sons were chubbers lol) .. there were several pul wraps that left marks on baby's legs. I would have to say that my favorite day time cover over all of our fitteds is a wool bumpy.. I bet the pul bumpys would fit the same if you are afraid of wool (no reason to be.. I promise ) It is easy for me to get a great fit.. snug around the legs but never red marks.. If you can get your hands on some trim wool pull on soakers for daytime.. these are awesome for chubby thighs.. so soft and snug.. and work great! I make my own from soft wool sweaters.. I would definitely give wool Bumpys a try.. good luck!
#3 of 9 Old 06-20-2003, 05:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I also suggest wool covers. They are so soft and no red marks. You might also try moving up a size if you prefer the PUL wraps/covers. Wool is my alltime favorite. I have an aristocrat, stacinator, and 2 biobottoms and I love them all. Bumkins run small too for chubby legs so if you get one of those order a size up as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mama to 13 y/o Jevin
10 y/o Daphne
and Zeus
Zorro
Zephyr
and Spazz

#4 of 9 Old 06-20-2003, 02:30 PM

If you want a pul cover that is less expensive than bumpy covers you might try litewraps, these, according to the lady at green mountain diapers, have an almost identical fit to bumpys in the small and med sizes. It's hard to remember (i should have written this down) but I think my chubby all over dd wore med litewrap from about 16-22 lbs. So I'd guess that the small litewrap would be a good fit for you little one.

I have used my 8 litewraps (I wash dipes wash once a week, line dried) for about 6 mo and had no problems except that the elastic in the back on some of them came unstitched inside it's casing.

I think the best price for these is at www.babyworks.com
#5 of 9 Old 06-20-2003, 02:35 PM

I really like the cuddlebunz PUL covers. They work great for our little thunder thighs.

Shelly-
12 years and going strong Bleed free prefolds, flats and clothes
#6 of 9 Old 06-20-2003, 07:49 PM

Bumkins covers have pretty large leg openings, almost too large for my chunky guy.
#7 of 9 Old 06-20-2003, 10:57 PM

i love the bumpy's on my little guy...but they are sooo expensive(humm thinking about those litewraps) anyhow they fit great around the thighs..I also have a green earth prorap like cover, much better around the thunder thighs, the airflow and the possiepatch pul covers...

:My 7 year old boy Ari, my fun loving husband and my life!
#8 of 9 Old 06-20-2003, 11:06 PM

I use Large size Bumkins covers and medium size Bummis SIWWs on my super chunk 25 lb 7 month old.

He started out at 10 lbs and I could only use NB bummis for a few weeks. By the time I had ordered smalls (at around 17-18 lbs) they were just too small. Mediums are sized at 15 lbs and up so if you like Bummis just go a size up.
#9 of 9 Old 06-21-2003, 11:38 AM

I have a round little guy also. I also love the BSIWWs onhim. They are well-sized and not too expensive, considering how well they wear. He is a little over 40 lbs and fits in the larges. We use them over toddler ubcpfs folded down and some fitteds. I also like my wool wraps that are soft around his legs.

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page