Covers best for Chinese Prefolds? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 20 Old 07-01-2003, 10:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok gang you know the drill im off cute diapes and wool covers and on the the plain stuff...I have been wondering which covers would work well with my CPFs but im not really sure...I mean i really dislike prorap type covers they are just all plastiky and yucky to me....I loooooved my Bumpys but man are they expensive..i was loking at cheaper versions of the Bumpy but man since i havent tried many of these im not sure..I saw some light wraps which are really cheap and have gussets which i love but i didnt know if these were any good or worked well...I need a cover that has gussets and prefferably has the otter cotton texture of the bumpys but alot cheaper...

If there isnt any then i guess ill have to buy some bumpys and soon...Also do you guys suggest i should buy premium CPFs now there is a good deal for free shipping but i thought i might hold off on them since im already getting the reg cpfs..

TIA

:My 7 year old boy Ari, my fun loving husband and my life!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 20 Old 07-01-2003, 10:11 PM

I don't know about anyone else, but I really like my Bummis SIWWs.
#3 of 20 Old 07-01-2003, 10:12 PM

For just plain jane stuff, I really loved my bummis pull on pants.They're simple, they work well, never had a leak and the gussets dont make bad places on the legs like the gerber one's do. I got mine at www.punkinbutt.com

#4 of 20 Old 07-01-2003, 10:21 PM - Thread Starter

no bummis snap or velcro....i didnt like them...i really like gussets but i also dont like the bumkins tabs cause they get scratchy...

#5 of 20 Old 07-01-2003, 10:27 PM

Hey, my suggestion is if you can catch free shipping on prefolds - get them then. They are heavy and free shipping is gooood!

You might consider asking a WAHM to sew you up a few covers in the style/fabric of your choice. I love using Whisper Pants, but moms that prefer wraps usually don't like pull-ons.
#6 of 20 Old 07-01-2003, 10:29 PM

cot'n wraps have gussets. Their velcro (or aplix?) is pretty soft. The only thing I don't like about them is they don't have foldback laundry tabs. I actually have 3 of them that I'm going to put on ebay soon. Ds grew out of them (15-20lbs). They were used only a couple of times each.
#7 of 20 Old 07-01-2003, 11:03 PM

Nikkys are really soft. They have both cotton and poly ones. They didn't fit my kiddos that well, but you might want to give them a try. You'll have to try to find some on eBay though, because they're about the same price as Bumpys.
#8 of 20 Old 07-02-2003, 12:45 AM

Over my CPF's I really like Bummis whisper pants, SIWW's and Bumkins vented covers. (I have Bumkins covers that are 2 years old and still look and work great). I also like my stacinator fleece covers for nighttime, pricier (but nothing in the range of RB) but mine are holding up great after tons of use.
#9 of 20 Old 07-02-2003, 01:50 AM
des

My two favorite covers for CPFs are the Ivy Rose $10 Cover (Stephanie at http://www.mudpiebabies.com is going to be making them soon) and the good ol' ME Airflow.

Destiny
Mommy to Ariel, Ava, and Sweet Baby James
#10 of 20 Old 07-02-2003, 03:04 AM

I like pull on covers, m'self. They are trimmer over a snappi'd PF than any velcro or snap...
I use Featherlites, they are pretty cheap, pretty durable and work for us even overnight. The only thing I've found in that price range that Ive remotely liked was Dappi nylon pull on covers.

I hate the plasticy inside of most wraps, too, thats one reason we dont use them anymore... Except when I use a HH as a cover, DS is always in pull ons...

I have used ME Aiflows, and they are alright, but even if I had a pil of them, I'd still use featherlites...
#11 of 20 Old 07-02-2003, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

hummm featherlights interesting....you mean the side snapped or the pull on style....hummm i was going to buy some bummis pull ons but the price is a killer 5.00 per cover ......i noticed the featherlights but didnt know how well they would perform...you know i just want them for like around the house and stuff and they are so much like underware that i would think its hard for a baby to take em off right??

#12 of 20 Old 07-02-2003, 03:42 PM

I think I paid about $4 a package for mine from a momma here.. I use the pull up ones, they dont make the snap ones anymore cause of problems with the snaps... I hear mommas either loved or hated those snaps depending on whether or not they stayed snapped!

Not to long ago someone posted a link to www.kidsurplus.com... they had S and M Featherlites for like 3.59 a package, and they had them in pink and blue..
#13 of 20 Old 07-02-2003, 03:52 PM

You know, I am actually quite impressed with the covers at Babies R Us. I've tried the Gerber, but I don't remember the name of the other one. It was a velcro and was cloth with plastic on the inside. It had plastic gussets and it's all I used on my son for a good 6 months. I thought it worked great!

I also like the Cottn' Wraps, but they do run small so buy a size larger. I got mine from ecobaby and was pleased with everything.

Good luck!
#14 of 20 Old 07-02-2003, 09:52 PM

Or Elan all cotton covers. I like them both. You can find Elan covers at www.cotton-kids.com and Nikky makes terrific covers that I love. I get my Nikkys from www.babyworks.com.
Take care with washing the Elan covers, though...they are very delicate, and the fit is large, so order down.

I have had sucess with Stacinator fleece and wool too, you might give them a try for nighttime.

I hated the feel of Bummis, Bumkins, and Proraps, Dappis, etc. I ended up giving them to people who really liked them. I don't use anything with a laminate in it...to much like dressed-up plastic wrap for my tastes, and it is humid here where I live.

Best wishes...I love the simplicity of CPFs and natural fiber covers, I have been using this system for 5 years now, so I hope my suggestions help!
#15 of 20 Old 07-02-2003, 11:40 PM

i love wool covers when we are at home, or under a dress. but if Ellie is wearing pants, i prefer my whisper pants. they aren't very bulky. and the hold in even the biggest bf poo's.
i don't like a big old diaper butt when we are out and about,at home i don't care.
#16 of 20 Old 07-03-2003, 10:56 AM

I actually alternate between them and my Nikkys. I really love them. There is abseloutely no laminate, no waterproof layer at all, so they are incredibly soft. Wash them gently and they will last. I use eucalan on them, and they maintain their water resistance if you change then frequently and air them between use.

Be careful though, they fit much larger than indicated. I also have had great experience working with cotton-kids.

Mocha
#17 of 20 Old 07-03-2003, 10:59 AM

I really like my bummis over CP's and fitteds more than anything. I also have some sugarplum baby and bsoft that I am waiting to try.
#18 of 20 Old 07-03-2003, 11:18 AM

I like the dappi pull-ons. The dappi wraps (I have them under the BRU brand name, but they're still dappi) are nice but they run small. Ty was only in the medium until he was about 20lbs, and they're supposed to go to 25lbs. For a reference, he's at 24.5lbs now and still has room to grow in all of his diapers that only go to 25lbs.
#19 of 20 Old 07-03-2003, 11:23 AM

I use my dappis over my hapi napis and they do work well! They just seem to small to fit over my CPF's but I am using the CPF's less and less cause DH prefers AIO's and fitted second to that.
#20 of 20 Old 07-07-2003, 12:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I like litewrap/snapiwrap for cotton outers with gussets. They run pretty big though... The prints are PUL, but they also have some with baby terry on the outside.

Doesn't bummi make cotton outers too? I haven't tried those.

I'm digging Bumkins with the vent these days, and my litewraps.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page