Up and Coming Diaper WAHMs - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 63 Old 07-03-2003, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I won two Bearbums from eBay, and it should be here today or Sat. I'll let you know how they are.

My fave AIO is from www.dreamboatdiapers.wahmbiz.com It's a suedecloth inner, and I LOVE suedecloth. She is working on a variation of a pocket dipe, and some covers, but only takes a couple orders per week so that she doesn't have too long a turnaround time. She does mainly instock, but sometimes you can catch a custom spot.

I also had a diaperbabies fleece AIO. It was very nice, but I hate fleece covers, so I sold it. I love her fitteds, though.

Oh, and I hated snugabyes, YUCK.

Guess that's it for me for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 63 Old 07-03-2003, 10:36 AM

OK I think I am going to try:

http://www.jaidensjubilee.com/

A trimfit AIO! I am waiting for an echeck to clear on some coupons I sold!!! So I will be back to let ya'll know.

And for fun's sake check out her bad ass AIO! LOL

http://www.freewebs.com/jaidensjubilee/angbadback.JPG

My biker friends would get a kick out of that one!
#33 of 63 Old 07-03-2003, 12:02 PM

I have some Soft Landings night diapers that I love, I just ordered 6 more. http://www.softlandingdiapers.com

I have some Bunny Hugs AIOs, they are similar to Luke's Drawers candy wrappers, but I love these Bunny Hugs way more. Her wait is a little bit unpredictable and kind of long. She is very nice though. http://bunnypatch.ewahm.com/

I have ordered from http://www.diaperworks.com and she replied to my emails quickly and was very nice. And I love the Lana wool cover I got from there. Her price was the best for it.

Right now I am thinking of ordering from http://www.lucyshopechest.com Her fabrics are so pretty!

#34 of 63 Old 07-03-2003, 12:14 PM

Nicole I LOVE Lucy's Hope Chest. They are some of my fave dipes!!!
#35 of 63 Old 07-03-2003, 01:46 PM

here is a site that I came across she has beautiful diapers I bid and won some on ebay and havent gotten them yet but I cannot wait to try them. heres the site www.gabrielbaby.com

Christina

Mom to  Rachel 15 Kimberly 12 Chloe 10 and Nathaniel 8
#36 of 63 Old 07-03-2003, 03:44 PM

www.jo-bos.com I think that is the link. I can't buy to try right now but she has a cute rockets PRR side snap instock. I remember seeing her do an applique cover once that matched the print (I'm pretty sure it was her) and so I have remembered her ever since. Funny that what she has instock is a rocket print!
#37 of 63 Old 07-03-2003, 04:53 PM

I've ordered from Danielle at Whippersnappers before, and I really like her work. She makes great diapers. They are a pocket style diaper, and she has so many options: snaps, aplix, hemp, etc....Check 'em out!

edited to fix smilie that wasn't supposed to be here...
#38 of 63 Old 07-03-2003, 05:59 PM

Mommy Made AIO's

http://mommymadediapers.com/index.html

I just won my second one at auction and I love this diaper. It has a sewn in soaker, but still dries in one dryer load everytime. Also, we have not had a blowout, leak, or wicking problem even once. She does this adorable scalloped stitching, and the work-mom-ship is so awesome. Also, Stephanie is really great with communication, answers questions quickly, etc.

I would recommend this diaper if you haven't tried it yet.

Have fun.....
#39 of 63 Old 07-03-2003, 06:07 PM

I love these! I got mine from SuperDupas... Last I contacted her about a custom, she said she was in the exhausted phase of early PG and couldn't guarantee anything. I hope she is doing well.

Quote:
Originally posted by HeatherSanders
Okay, I found Toadies Diapers at the Diaper Pin. She doesn't seem to have any more instock, but I liked the Fire Engine print on one of her pages, so I thought "What the heck . . . I'd ask." So, I emailed to see if she did custom orders.

We'll see
#40 of 63 Old 07-03-2003, 06:19 PM

I just got a jaidens jubilee yesterday as a matter of fact - check out the story in the "check out this instock store" thread LOL
I love it so far!

Hey Heather - are you going to do this nice little boost for diaper resellers next?? LOL LOL

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#41 of 63 Old 07-03-2003, 06:34 PM

This thread is dangerous. I just ordered 2 AIOs from Dreamboat diapers. I couldn't help it, she has laminated PRR prints! Plus they're front aplix so DH can use them!
#42 of 63 Old 07-03-2003, 06:36 PM

Oh-OH-OH I have a couple of these but they are my best kept secrets!!!!!

Well, I will share because I have quite a few of their dipes--I just LOVE-LOVE-LOVE working with these mamas!!!!

First of all--Dana of Hidden Pearl Creations....She makes really nice diapers and for those of you who cannot (or do not want to) spend alot on your diapers (most are under $10--I've picked some up in the $5. to $6. range!!!! ) These diapers just cannot be beat!!!! http://www.hiddenpearlcreations.com Plus Dana has a full range of cloth products, awesome mama cloth, "shell wipes" (the tp alternative!) for the whole family and little ones for kids (BTW I understand these are a great boon to toilet training!!!), doublers, covers, wipes, nursing pads, AIOs.....and she adding more to her store all the time....she also sells herbals...and she is one of the sweetest WAHMs I ever bought from

Second of all, Melissa of PoshPunkins...http://www.poshpunkins.com Melissa makes a full line of Cuddlebuns and she is so nice to work with.....

Last but not least, Sandra of Cheeky Monkey, another absolute sweetie to work with and I LOVE her prints!!! (She is a print fabric addict!!!!) and she makes matching pull-on covers for most of her aplix style diapers. These are currently the only aplix diapers I collect. Also Sandra makes really nice diaper bags and will take custom orders.
http://www.cheekymonkey.wahmart.com

So those are my current faves even though they are not really popular *yet*..... :
#43 of 63 Old 07-03-2003, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lea
Can I start with the order I placed on saturday night?

I ordered from Toot Sweet. http://www.omelay.com/Diapering/customdiaperstore.html This is one of our MDC regulars, Tabitha, who just opened her WAHM business.

I placed an order for 3 custom diapers. 2 of the custom order print (Organic Goldfish Knit- Green and this one garden knit) and 1 custom hemp.

These dipes are already finished and currently on their way to me! I expect them tomorrow or saturday. I will report back! I am excited about these. Tabitha uses only natural fibers and organic materials.
I got my order today! That's just 5 short days from when I placed it. They are adorable. They're so natural looking. Warm, earthy colors and yummy natural fabrics. I'd post a pic, but my camera is chargining atm.

dd wore the garden knit one without a cover (mainky because I washed all the wool today and Hello Kitty fleece just didn;t feel right with these )and it did really well, even without washing the hemp soaker first. It was lined in organic, unbleached cotton. This isn't that really soft organic cotton, this is a little thicker and more texture to it. Still I really like this diaper.

The all hemp was cute, fuzzy side out, with the cotton pastel serging and matching blue snaps. The ribbed goldfish knit is really attractive. Its lined in hemp fleece, fuzzy side out.

Tabitha threw in 3 organic wipes, too.

The sizing is similar to the large Bizzy B Hive fitteds. BBH says their large fit 20-30lbs, but I do not think these dipes would go much beyond 25lbs at the most. This diaper runs small in the rise, but the thighs were ok on dd on the 2nd snap (she's 14lbs and has chunky thighs)

Overall I am pleased so far. My only worry is that the cotton sergining may not last as long as wooly nylon, but Tabitha doesn't use any synthetic materials aside from her snaps.

Karen Mommy of McKenna 2003 & Alysson 2004 homebirth.jpg Expecting stork-girl.gif an early Christmas Present
#44 of 63 Old 07-03-2003, 09:35 PM

Here is another one--the new site is not up yet but she has some really nice batiks, celestial prints and 60's retro prints---
http://www.sugarplumbaby.com
#45 of 63 Old 07-03-2003, 11:07 PM

ahhh I had to buy that frogs on bikes at toadies. I hope that I get it based on a few comments on this thread. also I hope it is an aio b/c that wasn't clear?

#46 of 63 Old 07-04-2003, 12:27 AM

I am flamingly embarrassed that I didn't mention Hidden Pearl

Dana is AWESOME!!! I know her quite well from another board.
#47 of 63 Old 07-06-2003, 07:58 AM

I had to order an orange PUL cover from http://www.sugarbums.com/ yesterday (Saturday).
It's DD's favorite color, and the price was right! She had good reviews on wahmall, so I thought I'd give her a try.
Heidi very promptly emailed me (like while I was still online looking/drooling over other diapers) to let me know it will be going out on Monday.

And I forgot. I placed an order with http://www.flutterbyegarden.com/baby.htm a while back. She doesn't make diapers (I don't think?), but is a MDC regular. Still waiting for my cpfs to arrive, but Chris did email me about them and asked if I wanted them dropshipped from Green Earth.
#48 of 63 Old 07-09-2003, 07:56 PM

I got that Sugarbums cover today! That was super FAST! (placed order on Saturday, package rec'd Weds) And the cover is fabulous! I've never seen a PUL cover with this much stretch. Looks like it will fit any shape baby, for a very long time.
I LOVE IT!!! Will definitely have to buy some more of these!
#49 of 63 Old 07-09-2003, 09:48 PM

I took the challenge! I ordered a lilybottoms AIO with a burley knit terry soaker (haven't tried bkt yet either) this morning. She emailed me maybe 2 hours later to say it was being shipped today! Woohoo! Will let you know how I like it when I get it!

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

#50 of 63 Old 07-09-2003, 10:26 PM

The hemp dipes are here...they are looking good! Very well made, I think. The jeweled thread is really pretty. There are cute "United Colors" patches and size labels on the dipes, which I appreciate (since i have some diapers w/no identifying marks and i have no idea who made them!)

These are sort of neat in that they should last for a range of sizes....the medium dipe snaps down into a small, and the large snaps down into a medium. You fold the diaper fron down and use the soaker snaps to snap the diaper down to a smaller size. Except on the large, there are 2 extra snaps so you can use it as a medium AND have the soaker in there.

As if that made any sense.

Anyway, I wish the soakers were fleece-topped and a bit thicker...I think they are just a layer of hemp fleece and a layer of I-don't-know-but-it's-hemp. Not sure that will contain supersoaker DD. The sewn-in soaker seems pretty substantial though. These are prewashed enough that I feel okay trying one without washing it first....which I am doing tomorrow. I will report back.

PS. $ from these dipe sales helps support kids in Haiti....which is a good thing. And I got a card w/a "secret discount code" to use for my next order.

A writer/runner/thinker/wife with two daughters (11/02 and 8/05), one dog, three cats, seven fish, and a partridge in a pear tree... in Vermont.
#51 of 63 Old 07-10-2003, 12:34 AM

OK, I ordered a diper from someone I've never heard of. I don't even remember the name but as soon as it gets here I will know :LOL I never hear anything about them so I'm afraid they suck or something. Um, so if we don't like something are we allowed to say? It seems like stuff like that is off limits now I dunno. Hopefully I like it so I can share.
#52 of 63 Old 07-10-2003, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mommykins
I took the challenge! I ordered a lilybottoms AIO with a burley knit terry soaker
I loved my lilybottoms. I took a chance and ordered d diaper months and months ago...an all velour diaper, so scrumtious! Finn has now out grown it and I listed it on ebay

I think you'll be pleased with Lillybottoms
#53 of 63 Old 07-10-2003, 01:14 AM

I just received a pocket diaper from Doodlebottoms & IT IS AWESOME!!! A beautiful cotton knit print fabric that is stretchy & soft - that is hard to find. Corey is amazing & her pocket dipes are really beautiful & well made. I promptly ordered more!!!
www.Doodlebottoms.com
YEAH for WAHM's!!!!!
#54 of 63 Old 07-10-2003, 04:59 PM

I just ordered from http://nessasnappies.wahmweb.com/ and ordered the PRR ABC's print. Can't wait to get it! She emailed me not to long after I sent the order and said it will be shipped tomorrow.

SAHM to the munchkins (14.5, 11.5, 9.5, 3, and almost 2)
#55 of 63 Old 07-10-2003, 05:41 PM

just got my toadies! I love it so far!

#56 of 63 Old 07-10-2003, 06:21 PM

I'm pretty satisfied with the diapers I have, but I've been getting into wool so I've been trying different covers to see what works best for us.

I recently got 2 wool covers from Hunny Buns and so far I really like them. I think she's been mentioned on the board before, but I didn't see her in this thread. I got one pull up style and one side snap. Her turnaround time was as promised (about 2 weeks), communication was good, and her prices are awesome both for wool and PUL covers, especially considering she makes them custom to your baby's measurements. Both covers fit over my big ol' nighttime diapers and are dry in the morning. The pictures on her site show tags on the covers, but mine came with a nice embroidered "HunnyBuns" in script writing.

I have another wool cover fromMonster Baby . It's not my favorite cover, but it works well for the price and Priscilla was great to work with. I think it would probably be best suited for chunky thigh babies or over prefolds/trim diapers. She also makes diapers, hemp prefolds, AIOs and clothing.

I also have a tester wool cover from Patchwork Pixie, which was mentioned earlier. The wool is gorgeous and so incredibly trim, soft and stretchy and it fits great over my diapers. She has a unique snap design that helps to eliminate wing droop.

And I have a wool soaker tester on the way from The Cucumber Seed as well, looking forward to that!
#57 of 63 Old 07-10-2003, 09:17 PM

It is a sickness, this buying of diapers!!

I now have coming THREE fitteds from Aunt B's diapers (they are side/back aplix, which I am excited about!) and 2 AIOs and a fitted from Cloth Baby (ebay auction).

And 4 quick-dry AIOs from Little Lambs because I couldn't help myself.

I already know Little Lambs rocks...I'll let you know about the other two when they get here!

the kindhearted women dipes are in the wash....I couldn't put them on DD w/o washing them even though the card I got said the fabric was washed several times already. So I will report back on those later too!

Nancy

A writer/runner/thinker/wife with two daughters (11/02 and 8/05), one dog, three cats, seven fish, and a partridge in a pear tree... in Vermont.
#58 of 63 Old 07-11-2003, 11:41 AM

O, I accept. I just won an auction on Ebay from Clothbaby....I don't know if anyone has used her before, but I haven't! I am really looking forward to getting these diapers!!!

Clothbaby
#59 of 63 Old 07-11-2003, 12:11 PM

I also just won an auction from Clothbaby I really look forward to trying them out. I also have some diapers from Mylittlehaven who sells on ebay. I love them. They are fantastic hemp fitted diapers. Great size, fit, and absorbency for our heavy wetting DD.

Christi
DS1(12), DD(7)blessed with T21, DS2(2), and DD2 - newly arrived 1/28/11
#60 of 63 Old 07-11-2003, 01:54 PM

Okay Heather, I did it, I ordered one of the $10 AIO's fron Snugglebugs. I figured for that price, might as well try them out! I order a Veggietales, with a lay in soaker in sherpa.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page