layette for EC baby - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-15-2010, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What do you suggest to make it easier, most realistic, etc?

What are some of the differences in clothing and other needed items that I should be aware of? I am thinking that thick bedpads and pull-up clothing would be good for instance.

So what's your set up, what have you learned that you wish you knew before if you've btdt?

Happy and in love with my family!
#2 of 4 Old 01-17-2010, 04:00 PM

Anything with easy access to the bottom! I would have used more t-shirts if I'd had them. Something to keep the bed dry is good, too, like you say! I would just have plenty of t shirts and prefold and/or flat diapers. My babe was born in April, it was kind of cold but not really. I had her swaddled and close to me most of the time, so she kept warm with body heat and blankets, rather than clothing. I also wore her a lot in a wrap, so no one really got to see the cute clothes we'd been given. Nightgowns for night time are awesome, too! I had my babe in nightgowns and diapers at night for the first few months. Pants with feet in them are nice.

Kimberly, in love with Hannah Rose! (04/08) EC grad!
#3 of 4 Old 01-22-2010, 06:53 PM

ditto the PP. We cut the snaps off of a lot of onesies. I liked using medium/large prefolds for under DD's bum when she was very little, since they allowed for some wiggleroom. t-shirts and babylegs. Also ditto pp - my DD was born in November but we also did a lot of skin-to-skin with her in a stretchy wrap right at the beginning, and I put a coat around us both.
#4 of 4 Old 01-25-2010, 12:46 AM

If I'd had lots of folks who wanted to buy me layette stuff and the knowledge to tell them what to get, I would have asked for lots of kimonos instead of onesies. So cute and easy. I ended up making one for DD and she still wears it. But yeah, we mostly used t-shirts or dresses and babylegs. I used diapers a lot in the newborn stage, too -- prefolds with covers.

Mama to DD, my 2/24/08 BIG KID formerly known as sling baby, and DS, my 12/23/11 train-loving, wall-climbing toddler! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page