2 under 2 EC? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-16-2010, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD will almost be 2 when the next baby arrives. And I'd love to have her completely diaper free but I'm not sure that will happen. She very easily EC'd for poos. But pees are a mystery to her and me. We catch some every now and then but not the majority by far.

Has anyone used EC for a newborn while still ECing another child??? I guess it's just the same as everything else: logistics. But is there anything to keep in mind? I'm considering just stocking up on organic dipeys for the newborn. With DD we didn't start EC for a couple months and TBH the tar poops are intimidating.

Mama to expecting Babe 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2010, 02:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My daughter will be 20 months old when her brother will be born this coming May. She has been EC'ed since 4.5 months old, but is still nowhere near stage 1 (dry with my help).

What my plan is now, is to keep her in gerber training underwear (cotton waffle) and do as much EC as I possibly can during now and then, in hopes that she'll be able to more or less keep herself dry in 4 months from now. She's definitely building awareness, but regardless of where she's at come May, I am expecting some regression when the baby is born.

I plan to do 100% diaper free with the baby (except during times when he'd need protection - like in the car), which likely means I will be wearing him a lot. I plan to never use disposables, and am already stocked up on prefold diapers, which I will use without a cover (except in the car).

Kids around that age love to mimic and help, so having your first child help with pottying your second, might even speed up her own toileting abilities.

I'm a little nervous about taking on too much, but the more I think about it, the less I stress. I think it will work just fine.

User Tag List