1. "Can't she just go in her diaper?!?" From my dad, when he was driving on the road trip that DH and I decided to take with my parents. We will never do that again!
Of course that was the ONE weekend that DD decided she was actually going to signal every. single. pee--usually she doesn't signal pees at all--and I just couldn't bear to ignore her. So I made my poor dad stop every single hour on the side of the freeway so she could pee.
2. On my friend's floor, on one of those foam puzzle floor things. I had stopped by uninvited on our way to the park because *I* really had to pee. DD refused to pee in the toilet and then immediately peed on my friend's floor. My friend took all the puzzle pieces off the floor and washed them...luckily it was hardwood underneath, but I was so embarrassed!
3. Over the side of our deck. Our neighbors on that side have never commented, surprisingly!
4. That everybody doesn't do it. Sure, it has its ups and downs, but I just don't think there's any comparison with disposable-diapering and conventional potty training. EC is way, way, way easier. IMO.
5. I've never wanted to give up, although I'm pretty frustrated right now! I just started putting DD back in trainers after her being in underwear during the day for a year. But I think it's a pre-grad pause...I'll keep telling myself that, anyway! (Saying it will make it true, right?)