starting early - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-28-2010, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So we brought our new baby home yesterday, and I am elated. This morning, he had his first catch. It's still to cold to be naked, here in the North East. He does not like getting undressed, what should I keep him dressed in? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Wife om.gif mamaluxlove.gif to five And citizen of Earthearth.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2010, 01:46 AM

congrats on your new baby!!

no experience doing EC with a tiny one, but i have heard that the gowns are great because you can just pull them up and down easily and baby stays covered from the waist up. something like this: http://www.make-your-own-baby-stuff.com/baby-gown.html

i'm sure other people will have ideas too though!
Old 03-30-2010, 12:02 AM

Congratulations! I agree, gowns are great! Also t-shirts or a long shirt and leg warmers. Legwarmers are awesome for EC!!!

Also, you may want to try sapphire_chan's method of folding flats with flip down front. It looks really cool! And/or something like eca-pants at some point.

Kimberly, in love with Hannah Rose! (04/08) EC grad!
Old 04-01-2010, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, gowns are all he wears, now. Things are going well. I was nervous about pottying a newborn. Everything started to click after we ran out of the disposables. Now that he is in cloth we make it in to potty more regularly (because he needs a change more often). Has anyone else noticed their dc seems to empty their bladder or poo more completly when taken to potty. I think he potties less when he goes in a diaper. Anyway, things are so much easier than I imagined them a week ago.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:10 PM

I like the gowns for my baby. Also baby legs are great for keeping their legs warm!

I do low-key EC and just have him wear whatever and a cloth diaper. I find that he can hold it until I get a potty bowl under him, anyway. He's 9 weeks.

Mama to DD (5) DD (3) and DS (2 months)
Old 04-02-2010, 01:18 AM

I started when we got home from the hospital by cradling him over the sink. I made the pssssst sound and he pooped and peed almost every time. I had him mostly in gowns and socks. Sometimes I would just swaddle him naked in a flannel receiving blanket and hold him. If he wet the blanket I would re-swaddle. It was a good way to learn his rhythm and keep him warm.

However, don't obsess too much and enjoy your beautiful new son!
Old 04-24-2010, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

So I have another question. When I potty my LO (I cradle him sitting backwards on the toilet) he seems to know this is where we potty. No cues, he just seems to know. My older son pottied the same way, until he took over at 12 months or so. Is there a way to introduce the chamber potty? Jaden would never have any part of it. I am thinking about camping this summer, the baby potty will be easier for us all. I have tried a few times, so far our 1 month old only goes when I sit with him on the potty. Any thoughts

User Tag List