EC article in new Mothering issue - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-06-2010, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just got my digital copy of the latest Mothering magazine and there is finally an article about EC in it!!!!
Who's read it?
I'm just starting it, but its good so far.
#2 of 8 Old 05-06-2010, 10:27 AM

It was good but could have been more in depth.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#3 of 8 Old 05-06-2010, 05:15 PM

Finally, an EC article! I thought it was great, but also wished it was more in-depth (much like the cloth diaper articles they publish). But hey, hopefully this will generate more interest in EC.

DS 2006 nocirc.gif DiaperFreeBaby angel1.gif March 2010, DD 2011

#4 of 8 Old 05-06-2010, 08:20 PM

Just read it. Though it was great! I think it will generate a lot of further curiosity about EC, and also 'validate' it for many people. The photos are adorable too Thank you Mothering for finally printing an EC article in your magazine! And thank you Christine Gros-Loh for the fantastic job!

EC so easy with ecaPants!! ~the flip down, drop front, little learning pants

Check out FB for updates, 'seconds' sales, deal announcements, etc smile.gif

#5 of 8 Old 05-07-2010, 04:10 PM
JMJ

I have to second the adorable photos. Maybe by the time I'm on my fourth baby, he/she'll gaze lovingly into my eyes at 3 months old while I assist with the potty. In the meantime, my EC experience seems pretty different than what was presented there. I guess we're in kinda a more difficult/adventerous (depending on my mood) spot right now. We'll have 2 misses one day and 15 the next.

I was hoping that it would be a great pick-me-up to remind me why we're doing this and encourage continued patience and gentleness as I'm experiencing more pressure to PT. I didn't really get that, so maybe I'll have to go check out her book from the library again.

That wasn't really the purpose of the article, and for what it was, it was pretty decent. I hope more people will consider EC now that they've read an article about it. My only real issue was how she answered the question about regression. While EC'd babies may not have an emotional reason to regress, as in start having accidents all of a sudden after being PLed for a long time, they do have potty pauses, and they don't always seem to be moving in a straight line towards graduation, and I hope people don't get the wrong impression.
#6 of 8 Old 05-10-2010, 04:42 AM - Thread Starter

yeah, i was glad to finally have an EC article in the magazine, but didn't really get a lot out of it. I guess it was kind of an 'introduction to EC'. I think it also makes it sound easier than it actually is!! We have basically been on a potty-pause for about a month or so. (dd is 11 months)
#7 of 8 Old 05-10-2010, 08:50 PM

I thought it was pretty good. It presented a lot of what I always want to tell people, that you can do it in any way you want, as long as you're taking steps to try and tune in and introduce the potty in some way. I think no matter how minimally or completely you do EC, you and your baby benefit.

Also, I like that they pointed out you can still diaper and do EC. I think she did a good job of making it approachable and not seems so difficult. I thought it would be so much work with my first, but having a second EC babe I know it has actually made so much less work for me. No poopy diapers since he was 6 months alone was a huge relief, especially doing cloth. And we were fully "graduated" by 20 mos, where now a year later his peers are still struggling.

Ophelia, my EC babe is Kieran too! He'll be 3 in July.
#8 of 8 Old 05-10-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babywearer_anon View Post
yeah, i was glad to finally have an EC article in the magazine, but didn't really get a lot out of it. I guess it was kind of an 'introduction to EC'. I think it also makes it sound easier than it actually is!! We have basically been on a potty-pause for about a month or so. (dd is 11 months)
They probably didn't want to scare people away by telling them about 'potty-pauses' or 'potty strikes' . It's hard enough just to get some people to even think of it as a viable option.

wife to DH 6/25/05, mama to DS 5/26/08 & DS2 9/1/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page