ECing during naps - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-08-2010, 11:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My DD has never been great at naps. She typically sleeps through the first sleep cycle, wakes up, then has to be nursed/rocked back down. The last couple of months we started putting her on the potty as soon as she wakes up from the first sleep cycle. She'd pee then she go back to sleep (not on her own, but from me or DH putting her to sleep). We've tried to potty her before she goes down for naps, but she cries and arches her back.

Does anybody else have this problem? I feel like if we empty her bladder before she naps, maybe she'll be able to fall back asleep on her own after the first sleep cycle. Any tips?

As I'm writing this one thing that popped into my mind is maybe we're waiting too late to put her on the potty. Maybe by the time we put her on the potty she really needs the nap and is grumpy. So tomorrow we'll try to put her on the potty before she shows her sleepy signals.

TIA!

Mommy to my busy little Kora 10/20/2009.
#2 of 3 Old 07-09-2010, 10:21 AM

For me the problem is other way round. DD (she is 3 months old) gets up from her nap (she sleeps pretty well) and if we take her to the potty, arches her back and cries. She wants to be fed immediately after waking up and does not want to pee. In this process we miss her pees since she goes while I am feeding her.

And after feeding her when I take her to the potty she has already peed and will not go again. This way I am missing most of her pees.

Anyway I can work around this?

Cheers,
Chetana
#3 of 3 Old 07-09-2010, 01:08 PM

Offer the potty while she's nursing, just as she's settling into the feed but while she's not super sleepy.

We did diaper-free naps for a while when DD was 6-12 months old, then the naptime and nighttime pottying kind of went out the window, but it worked well for a while.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page