Which Baby Bjorn Potty? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-16-2010, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know it's the Little Potty, not the big one.

But is the "Smart Potty" okay too?

Here is a link (good prices also, btw) to the three I'm talking about:

http://www.albeebaby.com/bath.html?g...FQVcagodfGgJpA

This is for an eight-month-old who crawls and pulls herself up but does not walk, and her first time on the potty.

Thanks so much!!
Julie
P.S. If you have a few minutes, some ideas, and goodwill (I know you all have goodwill, I guess I mean an extra huge dose of it to share right now , please answer my other post too right before this one with more of an: Aaaaack, how do I do this tone. Thanks!
#2 of 6 Old 07-17-2010, 09:30 PM

Hiya,

I have the Baby Bjorn smart potty and really like it so far. We've been putting DD on it since she was about 9 months old (she's 11 months now). She crawls, pulls up, doesn't walk yet, and had not been on any potty since trying out this one. I like that the white inner part is separate so I can wash it easily, and it's a great size for a smaller baby - her feet can rest comfortably on the floor and the seat is big enough that her little bum can rest on it (although I still support her upper body a little, especially is if she is working on a poop!).

Hope that helps!
#3 of 6 Old 07-17-2010, 09:48 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Is the only difference between the Smart and the Little, the extra little bowl thing? If so, personally I'd stick with the Little. We've done others with removable bowls and found them just to be more of a hassle having to clean 2 pieces, like things get down between the two pieces and end up gross if you are not really attentive. That is the main reason I bought the Little this time.
#4 of 6 Old 07-18-2010, 01:24 AM - Thread Starter

You ladies are so helpful -- thank you!

One question: Is it poop or pee that gets between the removable part and the base?

And whatever it is, how does it get there?

, Julie
#5 of 6 Old 07-18-2010, 02:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We like the smart potty. the lp wouldn't not have been able to be rinsed in our bathroom sink.

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#6 of 6 Old 07-18-2010, 10:25 AM

I prefer the little potty. I have not tried the smart potty but the potty chair is too tall. My 18m old is jst barely able to get herself on w/out racking herself w/ the spray guard. pee always gets between the creases of the bowl and the potty, dust and goop (not sure what it is) always gets on the ring around the base, and dd takes out the bowl constantly and drags it around the house or prefers to use the potty w/out the bowl causing pee all over my bathroom floor.
dd has been using the little potty since 8 days and it works wonderfully. My older kids still use it in the car so it has a long life span. If it doesn't fit under your sink it would rinse great under the bath faucet. It also fits nice in the diswasher on the sanitizer setting. It is great for in the car, in the house, in the stroller, etc. It is only one piece so easy to transport and easy to clean. Plus it is cheaper so I personally would get more than one. We have them scattered throughout the house(3 and a big potty in the bathroom) and one in each car. This gives dd the opportunity to take herself now that she can.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page