Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-17-2010, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
and why?

Thanks all!

Julie

P.S. Is there some reason why my posts haven't gotten any responses. I thought I would try a much simpler post, but still no go. I feel like I have online spinach in my teeth or a zipper down and everyone's avoiding me. Did I make an etiquette faux pas?
#2 of 4 Old 07-17-2010, 08:00 AM

No faux pas Not sure why no response yet but here's mine: I bought all three - not that I am recommending it but my almost 3yo mostly uses the two bigger potties and my 1yo had until recently only used the little potty. I love all three but would recommend the two smaller ones (smart potty? is that what its called? and the little potty) We keep the biggest potty at my moms house - the only kinda complaint I have about it is that my ds had a hard time getting off it by himself when we first got it which was why I then bought what I will call the "middle" potty. I bring the little potty wherever I go and both my children use it when we are out. I prefer it to using public toilets because I have a hard time keeping my ds from inadvertently touching yucky things. I also use the little potty for both my babies at nighttime - I keep it next to the bed and put them both on it instead of making any trips to the bathroom.
As far as cleaning goes I just dump whatever is in the potty in the toilet and then rinse the potty in the sink and dump again in the toilet. (That's one great thing about the bjorn potties - the inserts fit easily under faucets so you can rinse them very easily.) If that's not enough sometimes I will use toilet paper or a baby wipe in the potty and then rinse again. HTH!
#3 of 4 Old 07-17-2010, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter

That was so helpful; thank you! You answered a lot of my questions ... I really, really appreciate it. Julie
#4 of 4 Old 07-17-2010, 12:01 PM

"which" from what choices? we bought one of the little potties from ikea and then the small baby bjorn potty. I got the baby bjorn 'cause it was accessible--babies r us, and we don't live near ikea ($4!), but got one on a vacation. The baby bjorn contours nicely to the baby--great from short little legs, but difficult to use once baby gets tall-ish (2y/o ish). The ikea one is taller, so that's nice, and though my toddler never complained about it, it always left marks on his little bum since it has very straight edges. About 2.5 y/o, he just started using the adult toilet with a stool to help him get up/even pee standing....

food is my favorite is my sweetie, papa to 8/07 due 6/10 10yo no eggs yet!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page