Good Potty Board Books? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-23-2010, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just started using the little Baby Bjorn potty with my 8.25 month-old. She's kind of into it! Very exciting! (Although, after diligently going the first two times (morning and post nap) we haven't had a drop since then - for three days.

She loves to read, so I've given her board books to read on the potty. I figure some might as well be about the potty! Any recommendations?

We are AP, nonviolent communication/sleep, unconditional type family and trying for no, or very little rewards or punishment. Also, books with same sex parents, single parents, progressive language, or multi-cultural would be especially appreciated by our family. I guess I should ask again, any recommendations, lol? Thanks so much in advance!

Julie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2010, 06:21 PM

So...the only potty board book I've found that I like at ALL for EC is Baby's Potty by Felicity Brooks. It's a board book with a little puzzle piece baby that you can fit into each page, which is kind of fun. It's basically the same as many other potty books in which you're trying to figure out what a potty is for, but it's different because the baby is the one explaining (to the dog) what the potty is for.

Nothing multicultural, though. And there's a picture of a crib. The baby isn't picture sleeping in the crib, though, lol.

I'm actually thinking about writing a potty book for EC'ers! Just because I can't find any good ones!

Oh, I bought Baby's Potty off the DiaperFreeBaby.org online shop. It's on amazon but I think it's out of stock.

Mama to DD, my 2/24/08 BIG KID formerly known as sling baby, and DS, my 12/23/11 train-loving, wall-climbing toddler! 
Old 07-26-2010, 12:48 PM

Not potty related, but there is a book w/ pics of babies from different cultures that DD loved called "Global Babies."

-Me(31), DH(32), DD(10/21/08!), LO (going for another all natural MW assisted birth ~4/30/11)
Living SustainablyNursing toddler SAHD does it all but BF! EC'd DD PT at 18 mos.!

User Tag List