tiny training pants - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-14-2010, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not sure if this is the right forum...

We dabbled in EC somewhat unsuccessfully since my son was birth, though he has been pretty much in diapers. Now he is 17 months and has been more receptive to the potty lately. I'd like to get some trainers for wearing around the house some. I'm looking for something not whatever proof that will be pretty obvious to everyone when wet. I'm also looking for something very small. My guy is little, at most 22 lbs. It seems most everything starts 2-3T! I also don't want to pay and arm and a leg, or sew them myself. Any thoughts?
#2 of 7 Old 10-14-2010, 03:42 PM

I haven't tried them yet, but I've been looking at the "Potty Scotty" and "Potty Patty" training pants. their xs says 19-24 lbs

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
#3 of 7 Old 10-15-2010, 12:04 AM

We just use the basic Gerber's 2T training pants, although I think Gerber makes an 18-month size as well. My daughter is about 20 lbs (at 7 months, so chubby). If you wash the training pants in hot water a few times and dry them they shrink nicely, and then they're only a little big.
#4 of 7 Old 10-15-2010, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdhfly View Post
We just use the basic Gerber's 2T training pants, although I think Gerber makes an 18-month size as well. My daughter is about 20 lbs (at 7 months, so chubby). If you wash the training pants in hot water a few times and dry them they shrink nicely, and then they're only a little big.
Ditto. My DS (just turned 19mo, weighs about 22 lbs) still fits in the 18-mo Gerber training underpants, but they're definitely getting snug. He has been wearing the 2T size for a while as well, as those are easier to find in stores. All of his 2T/3T regular underwear fit rather snugly on him also, so I guess they do shrink a bit after washing, and there must not be a huge size diff. at any rate. If I were you, just go with 2T at this point.
#5 of 7 Old 10-17-2010, 11:45 AM

I have some of those Gerber ones from walmart and DD may as well just use underwear as I still have to clean a large puddle off the floor! I have even put 2 pair on her at once and it not much better! I really not sure what the point of them is if they can't hold any pee! But your little guy might not pee a flood like my DD does so they may work fine!

I have 3 pair of waterproof ECA pants and love them, I want to try the non-waterproof ones but they are quite pricey!

Proud nursing SAHM to EC'd DD March 25/09! Wife to Truck Driving DH March 1/06!
#6 of 7 Old 10-27-2010, 12:27 PM

We like the trainers from JCPenney Okie Dokie (formerly Wee Essentials) they have a bit more absorbancy than the Gerber. I shrink them in hot washes/dries to get them to fit. If you need aborbancy you can put 2 of them on at the same time.

If you sew you can find some free patterns - although you may need to scale them down. Little Comet Tails has a new ec trainer pattern that very good too - we use knit and fleece(regular cheap fleece from Joannes) with zorb as a soaker. Ditto Daddy trainer is also a good one.

Amy - mama to dd 2/2007 and ds who arrived 2/2010 my VBAC
                  Comfy Cozy Diapers
Newborn Rentals, Military Discount, Free Layaway

14 Day Guarantee - Return diapers if you don't like them

Follow us on Facebook & Twitter

#7 of 7 Old 10-29-2010, 09:54 PM

It is very hard to find the type of training pants you describe. I have been searching for brands to sell in my store, and there is currently not a lot to be found, especially for those wishing to honor the Nestle boycott (which includes Gerber brand products).

Diaper Swappers has an EC board which is a good place to find bargains on second-hand trainers in small sizes.

Tribal Baby has a pretty thorough overview of the various training pants available in small sizes, including custom-sewn as well as the ones that are available in the EC specialty stores like mine, and more mainstream options for the larger sizes, in her EC Pants Directory.

Marija, mama to Jordan 7/30/07
Owner of EC Wear www.ecwear.com Cute and Convenient Clothes for EC'ing Infants and Toddlers

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page