EcaPants :) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 12-21-2010, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So, I saw a link for EcaPants in someone's siggie here and clicked it and they look pretty awesome. I am super crazy poor right now so wouldn't be able to buy very many if any for a while but was wondering how many would I need of these if I were to get them? We are pretty good at not missing so far (it's only been a couple of weeks) while home and I think it would make me much less lazy at night and when out. I have a ton of BG3 OS Pockets but they are annoying to take off and put on and they are on their second child so the velcro is getting pretty wonky... :/ Right now he is usually just in a shirt and leg warmers at home during the day and for naps. Any other ideas/suggestions to make things easier for night and when out? I would like to keep him in something waterproof when he does have something on and already have diapers so don't really want to invest in prefolds and covers when I would still have to deal with putting them on and off like my pockets which I already own. That's part of why I like the EcaPants. Thanks!

#2 of 9 Old 12-22-2010, 03:23 PM

I can't help with your questions because we're not that far, but I have to tell you that I just tried ours for the first time today, and I'm really impressed. We had a poop miss in them and it contained it all (a bit messy to take off the pants, but that's okay...). Nice and trim fitting and really well made!

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
#3 of 9 Old 12-31-2010, 07:02 AM

Get as many as you can; they're amazing and you'll love them!

No, but seriously, it doesn't matter. Look for some used ones on diaper swapper.com and buy as many as you find cheap. I started with three or four, I think... I would just use them till we ran out and then switch back to diapers. And I kept buying more. I used them a lot between around 5 to 12-ish months, and I never had more than maybe 5 or 6 pairs? Can't really remember. But I found that even having a few made made a difference.

Another cheaper option is the simply covers from the EC store. I used them with flat folds. Very trim, and you can pull them straight down without unsnapping, although it's hard to pull them up without messing up the flat fold. They're sort of a cross between a diaper and a trainer. Much less bulky than BGs.

I wouldn't use them at night, though; they'd never have contained a nighttime pee for us. I either did bare-bum at night or else a pocket diaper; a trainer just makes clean up more difficult without actually reducing the puddle, in my experience.

Mama to DD, my 2/24/08 BIG KID formerly known as sling baby, and DS, my 12/23/11 train-loving, wall-climbing toddler! 
#4 of 9 Old 12-31-2010, 07:20 AM

We have had 8 EcaPants since 12mos (30mos now) and if we had our own washing machine that would have been the perfect amount, with no other diapers needed! Either way, they are excellent. Well-made and the size can be adjusted for a while.

#5 of 9 Old 12-31-2010, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much for the advice and info! That is really, really helpful to know :) I figured I wouldn't need as many as I would need of actual diapers. I hadn't even though of looking for some used either, thanks for the idea :) That would be a great way to get started on getting a few.

#6 of 9 Old 01-01-2011, 08:31 PM

hey there!....im new to the forum and this is my first post!!..our son is 11 weeks old and has been ECing since the first week, he's doing really well with the expected ups and downs ......im looking into getting some EC pants or leg warmers for our son that's how i landed in this thread......but i have a few questions for the forum vets. what's DD,DS,BGS??...i see this alot while lurking.......thanks :)

happy to find this forum!!

#7 of 9 Old 01-02-2011, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattykake View Post

hey there!....im new to the forum and this is my first post!!..our son is 11 weeks old and has been ECing since the first week, he's doing really well with the expected ups and downs ......im looking into getting some EC pants or leg warmers for our son that's how i landed in this thread......but i have a few questions for the forum vets. what's DD,DS,BGS??...i see this alot while lurking.......thanks :)

that's great! i wish we knew about EC from birth.

DD - dear daughter      DS - dear son      BGs - BumGenius (a diaper)

So when you post you can say "11 week old DS is _____"

#8 of 9 Old 01-02-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisavark View Post

No, but seriously, it doesn't matter. Look for some used ones on diaper swapper.com and buy as many as you find cheap. I started with three or four, I think... I would just use them till we ran out and then switch back to diapers. And I kept buying more. I used them a lot between around 5 to 12-ish months, and I never had more than maybe 5 or 6 pairs? Can't really remember. But I found that even having a few made made a difference.

Did you put an insert in them, or just use them as-is? I'm looking forward to the spring when I can easily put DS back in legwarmers (I find he gets too cold just in legwarmers at the moment) and buying some more of these.

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
#9 of 9 Old 01-15-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasey08 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattykake View Post

that's great! i wish we knew about EC from birth.

DD - dear daughter      DS - dear son      BGs - BumGenius (a diaper)

So when you post you can say "11 week old DS is _____"

Thanks for the info:)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page