Toddler toilet paper - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-02-2011, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Has anyone found a good solution to this?  My dd is 25 months and is fullt potty trained.  Now we are working on her being able to go by herself.  All of the pieces are falling into place as she just got big enough to turn the water on by herself to wash her hands.  We've worked so hard to set everything up for her independence but the toilet paper/wiping issue is still a problem.  While her arms aren't even really long enough to wipe her bottom on her own yet I know they will be soon but she either can't get any paper off the roll or gets too much.  I'm hoping to start her in a Primary Montessori program next Fall that she will need to be able to go by herself entirely.  I know it's a long way off but I'd like to know she is really comfortable with every aspect by then.  I'm kind of surprised no one has invented anything to help with this (although I did find a few things online that just never seemed to catch on).  TIA.

#2 of 4 Old 01-02-2011, 10:22 AM

You could either try cloth wipes or these as long as you don't mind the waste and you sewer system can handle them

http://www.pamperskandoo.com/Our-Products.aspx

Proud nursing SAHM to EC'd DD March 25/09! Wife to Truck Driving DH March 1/06!
#3 of 4 Old 01-13-2011, 07:46 AM

Ever thought of water? It's much healthier for the baby and the environment. In India they use a little 'pot' called the lota and just wash themselves.

Brendalee likes this.
#4 of 4 Old 01-15-2011, 08:49 PM

How about a box of tissues?  You can tell her how many to use for number ones and twos.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page