throw up while peeing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-03-2011, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there,

We are venturing into the world of ECing with our 6 week old DS.  We've found he will always pee when held over the toilet, and if we have got the cues right, we catch lots of his poops.

We hold him by the backs of the thighs over the toilet or a bucket and have found that he often he pushes so hard to eliminate that he makes himself throw up.  

Is this normal?  I just hope we aren't teaching him to really push hard!  

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2011, 09:20 PM

Not sure if it is "normal" or not, but DS does this too when he poops (not for pees).  He makes himself burp this way too now.

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

Old 01-04-2011, 01:08 AM

How is the rest of his body positioned? Is he leaning more forward or more backward in kind of a reclining position? If I hold him so he is leaning more forward he will sometimes spit up. If he is sitting slightly reclined he will more often just burp if he needs to and not spit up.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Good point about positioning.  I have a hard time holding him so he isn't crunched forward a bit, especially when holding him over the toilet...he's still so small!  I'll focus on keeping him leaned back and hopefully it helps.

Thanks!

Old 01-08-2011, 08:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

we had this issue too for a few months. often i would have to clean up his whole body even when he did pee in the toilet.i would also say focus on making sure he isn't leaning forward and crunched up. i don't think it is as much the pushing to eliminate as it is the fact that their knees end up at their belly and everything just gets squished.

User Tag List