grad...ish? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-12-2011, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter
JMJ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm really not sure when to call grad, but it's definitely sneaking up on us.  We've been full time in panties (home, out, and night) for a month and a half, and we've been going a week between misses.  It's been 8 days since our last miss, so this post will surely bring on the next one.  She'll be 22 months at the end of the month, but I'd say she was basically done at 20 months.

I still take her potty every time.  She needs help getting up and down and wiping herself, and I have to hold her over public toilets because her bum is so tiny.  She tells me almost every time when she has to go potty (and often when she just has to toot).  I remind her when she gets busy, and she is good about taking a break if she needs to go.  Our last poop miss was on Christmas, and she's been really good about telling me about poops, even with some loose stools recently with teething.  Pee misses are usually just a few drops before she frantically runs to me and asks to go potty.

It's really a communication kind of graduation.  I know when she needs to be reminded, and usually she communicates to me that she needs to go.  She's graduating before she's reached the "readiness" milestones that mean that she can handle it all herself.  I don't know if tis is graduation with a few trailing misses as we settle in or if it is just where we're at for now, but it's wonderful.  It's wonderful that we got here peacefully, that she never really had a diaper rash, that one is out of diapers by the time we're thinking about another, that EC has been another way to communicate and meet her needs.  Our relationship and the environment are better off because of it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2011, 02:13 PM

Grad!

Old 01-13-2011, 10:14 PM - Thread Starter
JMJ

So we've now had 3 misses in the past 24 hours after going 9 days miss-free.  I knew posting was a bad idea.  I'm really not sure I'm ready to call grad, but it seems like it's around the corner somewhere close.  It just seems like it's not like she's not graduated, but it's not like she is either.  Kinda strange place, but I'm happy about it.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:17 AM

The turning point for us was when she started asking for the potty on her own. I still offer when it's been awhile or she's distracted doing something or it's just a better time to go now than later will be, but most of the time she's initiating.

User Tag List