Catching ZERO pees or poops with six month old... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-22-2011, 06:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello all,

I have been doing EC with my boy since he was about  2 weeks old. I have never been diligently full time, but I would offer pretty regularly and pick up his poo cues and was catching fairly regularly ( at least once or twice a day). Ever since he turned 4 months and started peeing and pooping much less frequently, I go for days and days without catching. I give him almost an hour of naked time every day, and he'll always pee at some point, but I really can't see any cues. He really needs to cuddle when he first wakes up, so I'm not sure if it will work to put him on a schedule of always trying when he wakes up and before he goes down. Anyways, does anyone have any tips/encouragement??

#2 of 4 Old 01-22-2011, 03:32 PM

I think it's fairly normal to have little regressions like this. We had our ups and downs too. Right now (at 8 mos.) she has really started to communicate with me and it's more of a two-way thing, with her saying sometimes she has to go (not actually "saying", but somehow i get it). She is not a cuddler post-naps so that helps. My older two were cuddlers, I know exactly how you mean it could be difficult to get them to do anything other than nurse, lol. I have a little routine, usually pre-sleep, post-sleep, anytime the diaper is dry for a long time (like an hour) and then anytime she signals (she blows rasberries for poo and says shhhhh for pee :)). I don't sweat it if the diaper is wet though, just proceed as normal. I find having a cue sound or word helps (I used the shhh sound which my daughter now says, and either "poo" or a grunting sound... she opted to blow rasberries instead). I always use the same word/sound when placing her on the toilet, when she does do something, we say the sound together a couple more times. Now that she's starting to respond to simple words and phrases, when she signals, I say it back to her "you have to go shhh? lets go". I hope that helps!

SAHM to one moody son J hat.gif(06-27-03), one super-girly daughter M hearts.gif (02-23-06) and welcome Sophie! energy.gif(05-23-10) expecting fourth in July baby.gif

#3 of 4 Old 01-23-2011, 09:14 PM

It's totally normal to have pauses like that. Your LO my be getting ready to crawl or whatever it is six month olds do. Ha ha! I definite noticed fewer catches right before new developments. Just keep offering and doing whatever you're doing. It's always changing!

Kimberly, in love with Hannah Rose! (04/08) EC grad!
#4 of 4 Old 01-24-2011, 06:23 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for the tips and encouragements, I'll just keep at it!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page