RE-starting EC (w/ a 6 month old, after a LONG pause/break) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-24-2011, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

A was EC'ed from 2m-4m, catching 3-5 pees, 1-2 poops each day- basically everything except for when she was sleeping or if we went out.  She peed in the sink in the infant hold, or over a basin, in the same hold.   Usually on my first cue- almost always within 90 seconds.  Right around 4 months old, it started taking longer and longer to catch the pee, and then we started having more and more timed offers w/out catches and many more misses.  Eventually, I started skipping timed offers because we were never catching.  She is 6 months old now, and from the time she quit going on cue until now, I've made her noises everytime I hear her pooping in her diapers, and if I happen too see a  pee during naked time.

I'd LOVE to start back up, but I'm not sure where to start.  We've never had a seperate cue for poop, and I'd like to have one, I think.  I'd also like to have her going on the bjorn this time around- she's getting a little big for the infant hold ALL THE TIME! 

Where would YOU start back?  Back at square one- naked time for a few days with new cues?  Timing based and just see what happens?

Thanks ahead of time- I could really appreciate any advice here :) 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2011, 12:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would do a timing-based at first. She already has a background in EC, babies have a muscle memory she might just surprise you! Put her on the potty, make your sound and see what happens!

For introducing a "poo" sound, I'd do it when she's actually pooing, so she can associate it with the action.

Good luck!

SAHM to one moody son J hat.gif(06-27-03), one super-girly daughter M hearts.gif (02-23-06) and welcome Sophie! energy.gif(05-23-10) expecting fourth in July baby.gif

User Tag List