ECing my three month old uncircumcised son - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-28-2011, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So my question is this - what causes  urine to shoot straight up or exactly to the right when he is peeing? Has anyone else experienced this? Is there something I can do to avoid this? Makes EC quite messy at times...

Thanks~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 01-28-2011, 10:34 AM

How are you holding him?  When I was ECing my uncirced 3 month old, it was more likely to start dribbling down, or maybe off to the side when he was pointed in an odd direction thanks to being squished in the diaper.  I would hold him with one hand under each thigh, letting his back & head rest against my arms & chest.  Is there any problem with his urethral opening?  Or maybe the foreskin is just getting a bit stuck in a weird position and that is what's causing it...

#3 of 10 Old 01-28-2011, 11:36 AM

My DS (6 mos, un-cut) also seems to shoot to the right.  I assume it's just due to physiology.  I just compensate when I aim him.  You can also use one finger to aim him a bit.  The other thing that I find really helpful to avoid messes is to keep some premium size prefolds in the bathroom and lay them on the floor around the toilet.  Then you can just pick up the wet prefold and throw them in the wash.

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

#4 of 10 Old 01-29-2011, 09:05 AM

My guy is intact, and we just pee in the sink. Sheepish.gif  That allows a certain amount of variability in the aim.

#5 of 10 Old 01-29-2011, 06:03 PM

My DS shoots to the left LOL. We used to use a BBLP, and I found that if I tipped him forward a little when seating him on it (worked particularly well if I sat behind him), he was more likely to pee in the potty rather than all over his leg and the floor...

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
#6 of 10 Old 01-30-2011, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

I hold him with my hands under his thighs, sometimes he 'shoots' straight ahead: others off to a side or straight up. I thought it might have something to do with being uncirc.

Tipping him forward works, but it disctracts him enough to make him stop peeing sometimes. I have heard of using my finger to aim him, but my fingers arent long enough....

Thanks for your thoughts~

#7 of 10 Old 02-01-2011, 11:17 PM

I'm ECing my second intact son. The first one had no problem peeing down. The second one pees up. It's really difficult getting him aimed into the sink or bowl. I'm thinking of switching to a water bottle.

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
#8 of 10 Old 02-03-2011, 07:16 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

:blush:  "intact" is really the preferred term, IMO (because we can't really "undo" something which was never done in the first place, aka uncut or uncirc'd). 

Had to get that off my chest.  Anyway.  With my DS, before he had head control and I'd hold him in the newborn reclining position, he'd get disturbed if I tried to aim him with my finger, so I used a 3-oz plastic cup and cut part of it away and sort of held it there like a shield, lol.  It worked for a while, unless he was too wiggly.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
#9 of 10 Old 02-21-2011, 11:15 AM

My intact son has always peed way to the right.  I think it is just the way his foreskin is attached, a little tighter or higher on the right side-  so that the opening of it pulls a little in that direction.  Like a PP said, I just compensate for it by holding him far to the left of whatever he's peeing in!  I assume that when he naturally separates, the opening may even up a little, and allow him to point and aim more centrally. And you probably know this, but for those who don't- whatever you do, don't try and retract the foreskin so you can aim it better now!  That could injure him.  He will retract in time and then he can pull the foreskin back completely to pee if he wants to.

~*Kristi*~
Tallulah Dare 8-01,  Marcos Gael 12-04, Cormac Mateo 9-09, Leonidas Ronan 11-11

#10 of 10 Old 02-21-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleseed View Post

I have heard of using my finger to aim him, but my fingers arent long enough....

Thanks for your thoughts~

When I hold my son with a hand under each thigh and his back to my chest, I can use the back of my middle finger- the fingernail, basically- to press gently down on the top of his penis and point it downward.  He has to keep his knees up at just the right angle so that he's not peeing on himself, but so that I can still reach. If you haven't tried it that way, maybe experiment and see if you can reach!

~*Kristi*~
Tallulah Dare 8-01,  Marcos Gael 12-04, Cormac Mateo 9-09, Leonidas Ronan 11-11

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page