Pattern for baby undies? x-posted - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-30-2011, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm going to post in the crafts forum too, but not sure how many people actually go there on a regular basis.

DH's daughter is having her third baby, and is having a hard time finding affordable infant undies.  She has some hand-me-downs from her second child, but is in need of new ones.  I mean, she has a very limited budget (is looking for undies that are about 3-4 pairs for $7, which doesn't seem possible). I was going to see if I could find a sewing pattern for making some for her.  There's got to be people out there who do this, right?  Sew their own EC undies?  I would prefer a pattern over just winging it, since my youngest is 5yo and I forget how tiny a baby tush is.

TIA!

Wife to DH and mama to DD(7) blahblah.gifand DD(5) moon.gif...Lola the Wiener Dog dog2.gif, Faulkner the Little Giant dog2.gif, Ginger the Wonder Cat cat.gif,  Azkaban the blue parakeet, Sunny the yellow parakeet, 3 nameless hermit crabs, and a whole bunch of fish!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2011, 04:34 PM

You can try the "Do it yourself EC" sight http://doityourselfec.blogspot.com/.  They have a pattern for waterproof and non-waterproof trainers for free.

You could also buy a pattern.  I bought a pattern for "Tinkle Time Trainers" which you could use to make undies instead of trainers by just forgoing the soaker.  Also, instead of just undies she could use old wool sweaters to make wool longies and/or shorties.  If any family members have old wool sweaters they aren't using the only cost would be for thread and for her time for those.  The instructions for that are also on the "Do it Yourself EC" sight, above.

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:24 AM

Thank you for this link. I will make up the pants this week. I always thought I could do something along these lines but this looks perfect. Cheers...

User Tag List