Starting at 9 months - advice, please! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-06-2011, 03:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I found a book, diaper free baby. Is it useful?

DD can sit unassisted although she cannot make the transition from tummy to sitting on her own. Is it better to use a potty or a baby seat on regular toilet? I am a little worried about her slipping in the latter.

These days, I cannot tell when she's going to poop because there's no grunting, face going red like she used to, funnily enough while being EBF-ed. Now that she is on solids too, she just does it and goes about her merry way until she finds it irritating and begins to tug at my legs. I know one time that she always pee. If I leave her diaper-free for 2 min during diaper changes...

CDing, BFing, co-sleeping, combination of BWing and stroller-using mama to DD, 05/2010. Pursuing a back to nature lifestyle.
#2 of 4 Old 02-10-2011, 07:29 AM

I started ECing with DD1 when she was 6 months and used a combo of toilet insert and bjorn potty - but mostly the potty.  With DD2 I have just started with her and she is 8 months.  She does not like to sit in the insert, but will happily sit on the BBLP.  I can leave her there and give her a toy and she is OK on her own.

I have been putting DD2 on the potty when she wakes up and she usually pee's twice, one right away and another about 10-15 mins later.  Then I just pop her on if she has been dry for a while, or if my instincts tell me to.

Good luck!

Me: Shannon (33) mom to DD Everly born May 9, 2007 and Maisie born May 26
: : :
#3 of 4 Old 03-07-2011, 06:44 PM

I'm new to this forum, and I am just starting my DD with EC. After reading Diaper Free I decided to give it a shot! My DD is 8 months. I have been successful at catching her pee right after naps, but other than that I have no clue when she goes...any advice on figuring out the cues?

#4 of 4 Old 03-18-2011, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

I started just today and caught exactly 1 - as soon as we came home - she had been in the carrier and did pee once into her diaper while out. It was quite cold and quite unreasonable to expect a baby to hold it in for 1 h 30 min, of course! 2 other times, I just took her into the bathroom to give her the opportunity, and she peed right after I brought her out. What's up with that???

CDing, BFing, co-sleeping, combination of BWing and stroller-using mama to DD, 05/2010. Pursuing a back to nature lifestyle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page