Cheap, cotton underwear? For a one-year old - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-19-2011, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My dd is doing pretty well with ec. So well in fact that I'd love to have her in underwear at least part time (she's 9 months, but big). The problem is I can't find a simple pack of "fruit of the loom" style underwear in her size anywhere! I'm not looking for organic, 15 bucks a shot underpants-- i want to have at least 10 of them and am not interested in shelling out almost 200 bucks (including shipping) for blasted underpants! I looked at all the usual suspects- walmart, sears, etc. and I can't find what I'm looking for. Does anyone have a source I don't know about?

TIA

SAHM to one moody son J hat.gif(06-27-03), one super-girly daughter M hearts.gif (02-23-06) and welcome Sophie! energy.gif(05-23-10) expecting fourth in July baby.gif

#2 of 7 Old 02-19-2011, 10:29 PM

I found someone who does custom underwear for like, 65 bucks for ten of them I think. I am on my phone so don't have the link off hand but if you are interested I can look it up and link it for you when I am on the computer. They look super cute too!
#3 of 7 Old 02-20-2011, 07:16 AM

I'm currently sewing trainers for my DS because I didn't want to shell out $20 a pair either!! I am a VERY beginner sewer (as in the last time I sewed something other than buttons it was boxer shorts in grade 8) and the first pair turned out wearable, if not a tad crooked.  You could just do something similar without the soaker if you want undies.  The patten is for "Tinkle Time Trainers".  Not sure if you would even be interested or have a machine, just thought I'd put it out there!

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

#4 of 7 Old 02-20-2011, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys!

undrznit, I will get that link from you when you have the chance. And Nikki, thanks so much but my sewing is probably where yours is at, but I am not as optimistic about my ability, lol.

I guess big underwear manufacturers don't even bother making underpants for kids under 2-3 years old anymore.

SAHM to one moody son J hat.gif(06-27-03), one super-girly daughter M hearts.gif (02-23-06) and welcome Sophie! energy.gif(05-23-10) expecting fourth in July baby.gif

#5 of 7 Old 02-20-2011, 10:16 AM

So... I guess I lied. It's actualy 45 bucks for ten... Even better, right? And the shipping in the US is 4.95 Here is the link... http://hyenacart.com/CrunchyCongo/st/1837/38229/10-pair-custom-sized-undies

#6 of 7 Old 02-20-2011, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

wow! thanks so much-- i will order from them! I am very excited biggrinbounce.gif

#7 of 7 Old 02-21-2011, 05:29 AM

I couldn't even find underwear for my 2 year old!  She was too skinny so the 2 yr old underwear was too big.  I don't know sewing terminology but it was easy to sew little "tucks" in the back to take in some of the material.  I was a skinny kid too and my mom always had to alter my jeans for me because the length and width never matched.

You might give that a try.  You also might be surprised at how close the underwear already comes to fitting.  My DD was like the same width around her waist from about 9 months till 2 years.  They typically grow up at that age not out. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page