21 month old regressing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-02-2011, 02:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have practiced EC with my son since he was  1 1/2 months old- completely diaper free by 5 months. He is now 21 months old. We never put him on the potty at first, I would hold him over the sink usually. Well, I finally got him "potty trained" where he pees and poops in the potty all by himself. Recently though, he has been peeing the bed. I can't figure out why. He sleeps with us and if I don't get him up in time he will wet the bed. He does it a couple times a week actually and he NEVER used to do this! Sometimes I will wake up and the bed will be wet without any warning. What is going on? He isn't sick. I just do not get it. Any advice or wisdom?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2011, 08:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hmm, a couple things come to mind...Has he been eating anything new? (I am assuming you are vegan from your name; our family is vegan too) Even if you feed your child only vegan, organic foods they can still have sensitivities that you wouldn't expect. My DS used to eat these all organic, fruit juice sweetened, no artificial colors, etc. chewy candies occasionally. For some reason, he always had accidents when he ate those even though he was otherwise a grad. 

I know this may be obvious, but has he been drinking more or eating more watery fruit before bedtime? I know watermelon and some other fruits can cause more misses for people. Of course there are many other food sensitivities that can cause these types of issues, but I have never delved into that area too much. I know lots of ECers have though and there are online groups dedicated to food sensitivities. One I have heard of has many people from the EC community. I don't know if I am allowed to give yahoo group names in this forum though!

And if your picture is current I assume you are pregnant? When I had my DS2 my DS1 who had been fully day and night 'trained' for 1.5 years, started having nighttime accidents right after DS2 was born. Even number 2 accidents which really, really surprised us! So maybe the pregnancy (if you are!) has him worried, nervous or distracted. Or other big family changes can have effects too.

Of course, always bringing them to the bathroom before bedtime helps. That's all I can think of for now! Hope you get it figured out! Good luck!

EC so easy with ecaPants!! ~the flip down, drop front, little learning pants

Check out FB for updates, 'seconds' sales, deal announcements, etc smile.gif

User Tag List