EC compatible with newborn after circumcision? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-24-2011, 04:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm going to visit my sister and newborn nephew this weekend. He was just born yesterday, and when I'll be there he will be status post a circumcision. I had a great experience with EC and my 3 children, but my boys were all intact so I really question if EC and a newly circumcised newborn is the right thing to do?
If you had to aim or position the freshly wounded penis, wouldn't that have some pain associated with it that could create negative communication? I am trying to convince her to wait until it is healed. Not to mention (I posted this on the circumcision forum) I am reluctant to help because the sight of the wound really bothers me. I'm pregnant right now, so in that emotional,queasy stage and I believe in newborns being intact so I kind of want to stay out of it. But just wondering if circumcisions and EC are compatible in the newborn stage..

#2 of 4 Old 03-24-2011, 11:20 AM

It's extremely compatible - I found aiming my newborn son's hips was easier than aiming his penis, anyway. What could be better for a healing penis than being out of a (relatively) unsanitary diaper! Absolutely no need to encourage her to wait.

But...  Are you and your sister compatible with advice giving? Are you compatible with a newly circ'd penis?

At the very least, I'd avoid the word "wounded" in front of your sister, who is in the blessed and tender new baby state of being. She made a choice, she's the mom, you'll help her most by being super supportive and not showing your discomfort with the state of his nethers. Nor should you, in your blessed and tender pregnant state, force yourself to confront uncomfortable images and thoughts! If she wants you to demo, you could do it with a pillow or a doll, and if he's being changed or ec'd in front of you, turn your focus to his lovely face or helping with laundry.

Mom of one child (2008), wife of one husband, tender of dogs, cats and chickens. Household interests: ocean life (kid), bitcoins (husband), simplifying (me).

#3 of 4 Old 03-24-2011, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

That's a good point. I think I'm not compatible with a newly circumcised tender baby. I wish I could say that I won't go at all, but that would not show my support. I'll have to just listen to my own discomfort and give verbal advice only or use a doll-that's a great suggestion. Thanks :)

#4 of 4 Old 03-27-2011, 08:13 AM

ECing would reduce the amount of time in a diaper, reduce the amount of wiping needed. More sanitary, less painful...

The doll idea is good on another level because then your sis can hold her ds and match what you're doing with the doll.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page