OMG...he's doing it - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-29-2011, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My son will be 3mo next week. I just started EC last night....and it's working!

DS1 didn't EC well early on so we quit. Basically, he didn't cue. Well, he would only cue a millisecond before he peed/pooped. So catching wasn't really possible (I'm learning now that he MIGHT have a sensory issue so it kind of makes sense) I was able to get him to sit on a potty at regular times (and go) when he was sitting up well. Now, at almost 2, he's almost potty trained.

Anyway, with DS2 I've decided to EC when we're at home during the day. Last night I caught 3 pees (one right after the other) and this morning I've caught 2 more pees and a poop! Of course, I've missed 2-3 pees...but that happens early on, right?

I'm just so excited!

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2011, 10:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post Of course, I've missed 2-3 pees...but that happens early on, right?

I'm just so excited!

Heck, that happens the whole way through--it sounds like you're doing awesome!  Congratulations :)

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

Old 04-01-2011, 08:52 AM

awesome Kas! Its so exciting when its working.

We kept it up all along- dealt with misses all along- but they were fewer and fewer. Focusing on the positive is definitely the way to go :)

When I thought about the difference in my diaper laundry between #1 and #2 I felt like it was really a success! (rather than focusing on the misses).

dissertating mom to three

Old 04-01-2011, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

I've decided that I'm just doing it at home during the day right now...I'm not brave enough to do anything more. But yeah, HUGE laundry difference even in the past few days.

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
Old 04-01-2011, 12:07 PM

for a long time (like a year) all I did with DD was home. She actually refused to potty when not at home. I kept offering whenever DS or I were going anyway, and eventually she started to go along with that.

Nighttime came b/c she just started being dry at night very young (I still  have her in a diaper just in case).

I think the key is doing what is comfortable FOR YOU and following your baby's cues/lead, and you'll be fine. You'll know when he's ready for more, because the idea won't stress you out.

dissertating mom to three

User Tag List