To the veteran ECers -- advice for a newbie - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-02-2011, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My bub is five months and we've been part timing EC since he was about 3 months old. Since then we've moved countries so I haven't been all that serious about it. Now we are settled in China (where pretty much everyone EC's) but since English is my mother tongue and they don't teach you how to ask about your child's toiletting habits in language school (at least its not in the first three books!) I can't really glean too much from them. I've read Diaper Free by Ingrid Bauer but I was wondering, from you veterans (or at least those that are ahead of me!), what is your greatest advice to someone starting off with natural infant hygiene?
#2 of 4 Old 04-03-2011, 06:19 PM

Congrats that are you in China and the opportunity to EC in public with easy.

Are you asking about to transitioning from EC part-time to full-time?

Mama of and , partners.gif with  Love
#3 of 4 Old 04-03-2011, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

Yes -- but I'll take any advice on any aspect of EC that I can get!

Actually the big thing I'm wondering about is how confusing is it to a baby if sometimes we have to put a nappy/diaper on him? And do people often notice regression with every major milestone reached?
#4 of 4 Old 04-04-2011, 02:07 PM

The milestone reached are quiete normal to regresion, but also, could be a learning experience  for mothers(dads) and babies. When we have a regression about Ec or anything else, I usually review what s been happened in our busy life lately and try to figure solutiond or slow down our life for the well of the baby/child.

To transitioned from EC from Part-time and Full time could be a little different for everyone. For me are been to mayor changes. First, Stay cool all the time with any expectation of any gol other than enjoy the journal and secondly, adapt  and create a right inviroment for an easy EC life, ei, Have easy clothing for the baby for on and off. Non waterproof clothing at home, lots of naked time. Try to be in tune and be vocal even with a tinny baby, offer the potty after each misses, not make a such deal if it's misses, just change , clean and continue wethever you were doing.

Mama of and , partners.gif with  Love

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page