boy logistics - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-18-2011, 12:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

okay I have a 6 week old baby and i'm finally feeling recovered enough to give EC ing a try. I have gotten a few pees and two poos already. but the pees are an issue he has long range distance..lol.

help 

SAHM to D ( 10/06 ) A (10/08) & C (03/11)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2011, 10:47 AM

When our boy was tiny we could get a finger under his legs and onto his willy and press it down enough to get the pee in the toilet.  Unfortunatley, I always sort of jumped when he started peeing which would startle him and he would stop, and quickly would not go if I was touching his penis.  So (this is gross, sorry) I just let him hit the seat back.  On one of our toilets, the seatback was constructed in such a way that the pee just drained into the toilet anyway, I just had to be good about cleaning frequently or spraying with alcohol after every pee or it would start to stink.  When he got a bit bigger and could brace his feet against the seat back (with me sitting on the toilet facing backwards & him on my lap), I could use one hand in front to direct the pee into the toilet (also gross I realize).  I hope that helps! 

Old 04-18-2011, 12:11 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

We use a little potty that has a splash guard on the front.  My favorite is the Ikea potty- and it's just $4!  When you sit them on it you have to hold them up of course and spread their legs to go on either side of the splash guard.  This causes the penis to aim down into the potty, mostly.  I've only ever had an issue if he was sitting too far forward on the potty and then I would push his penis down with a finger, though as the pp mentioned that sometimes makes him stop peeing.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Old 04-18-2011, 12:29 PM

I could kind of "aim" by pointing his whole body downward.

Mama to Silas Anansi, born 9/9/10 and Petra Eadaion, born 10/1/12.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I would try to aim ds's body, but also used my finger to gently aim his penis downwards.

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
Old 04-18-2011, 09:06 PM

All of the above, plus my favorite catch bowl at that age was a long rectangular "tupperware" thing, which I positioned far enough forward and slightly sloped. 

Mom of one child (2008), wife of one husband, tender of dogs, cats and chickens. Household interests: ocean life (kid), bitcoins (husband), simplifying (me).

Old 04-24-2011, 01:48 PM

A wide basin works well, I can sit DSs bottom deep enough that the pee doesn't go over the top.

On the toilet I use a finger to aim downwards, DS doesn't seem to mind.  The pee often splashes a bit anyway, I just wipe it up when we're done.

With the travel potty (which has a plastic bag liner) I slip a piece of cardboard under the plastic to make a super tall pee guard. 

The sink is ok cause it's easy to wipe down afterwards if the pee splashes a bit.  I think the bathtub is really the best solution for boys but I often get a surprise poo and our bath doesn't drain very well... so that's put me off that solution a bit.  I think if we had a good drain on our bathtub I would use that every time and just scrub it out really well before DDs bath every second evening.

User Tag List