Mothering Forum banner

Help me navigate this pause or strike or whatever it is...

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  nstewart 
#1 ·
DS is 9 months old. We've been ECing with him since he was 2.5 months old. By the time he was 5 months we had virtually no poop misses and by 7.5 months had him in training pants full time during the day, and in diapers at night.

For the last oh, 14 or so days he has NO interest in peeing in any receptacle about 75% of the time. Not the potty, not the toilet, not the sink (not any sink in the house). He's still pooping on the potty, although we did have 1 miss last week. Until this week he'd pee in the potty if we were out and about and we'd have very few misses when not at home, but now we're having lots of misses out and about too. It's like he has to go, but won't go in the potty and will then go in his trainers 5 minutes later.

He's a very busy boy and has been crawling for about 3 or 4 weeks and has been doing lots of exploring and trying to walk for the last few weeks as well. I am trying very hard not to offer to often, but want to offer enough that he's still having the opportunity to go in the potty if he wants to.

I've read and seen on here that this is pretty typical for this age. I guess what I'm looking for is advice on how to best navigate this current stage and maybe some ideas on how long to expect it to last etc. Should I offer less? Should I try to make going potty more fun, or is he too young for that? I do itsy-bitsy spider when he is having a BM as it helps him relax and he really likes that. Should I try putting him on the toilet for pees too? Usually he pees in the sink (his preference). Should I do more diaper free time (like naked from the waist down, not in trainers)?

I know it's just a stage and I'm not stressed that he's "forgetting" how EC works I guess I just want help to navigate this phase (whatever it is) as smoothly and gently as possible for both of us.

Thanks!!
help.gif

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.