DD is IDK scared? to potty when we are out. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-09-2011, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The title kind of says it all. I brought her travel potty and everything and we were out ALL day and she held her pee for 5hrs and then finally went in her pants (she was offered at least 5x) She nursed 2x during those 5hrs and ate lunch. So IDK she is in underwear and doing great! She does not wan to wear the diaper out, but she doesn't want to potty when we are out either. IDK if she is just so excited about being in a different place or if she is having anxiety about pottying somewhere different.

How can I make her more comfortable pottying away from home?

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#2 of 5 Old 05-14-2011, 06:41 PM

my DD has been like this on and off since infancy. No good tips but sympathy for sure. If you can figure out if there is anything that particularly bothers her, that might help. Also just offering options (do you want to use the big toilet or the little potty?). Also I try to "talk up" the potties... "lets see if this restaurant has a nice potty? i bet it does! oh look, there is a plant here in this bathroom!" etc) Its funny, b/c my DS loved the novelty of using other potties... he would pee every 20 minutes when we were shopping etc, just for the thrill, I guess. Annoying in another way!

dissertating mom to three

#3 of 5 Old 05-14-2011, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter

LOL that is too cute. Haven't figured anything out yet...I think it's more out of excitement like she wants to go do stuff and not potty...but IDK b/c I'm still taking the time to put her on it but she will just get right up and start running.

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#4 of 5 Old 05-20-2011, 07:22 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)

My DD2 (13 months) HATES going when we are out.  I actually have to carry her regular baby potty around with us because she refuses to go while on the travel seat (she even refuses the travel seat when we are at home).  In general I am not super obsessed with EC when we are out, but I will offer her potty (the one she regularly uses at home) in the car before and after a store/whenever I think she needs to go and we can get to her potty easily.  It looks dreadfully silly but is much easier now that the weather is breaking! :)

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#5 of 5 Old 05-20-2011, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

I already do that! She still won't go lol I think the real issue (with her just wearing a dipe out) is she is so into pottying now that she gets REALLY upset if she goes in a dipe or her undies but in public she will just hold it as long as she possibly can even with it being offered and then eventually go in her pants so I have to FORCE her to wear a dipe and she gets mad about having to wear one...

At this point she is basically "potty trained" we just still have this issue when we are out (which isn't everyday)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page