Mothering Forum banner

85% in 13 month old- need help moving forward/trainers?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Vivien57 
#1 ·
Hi-

History- My Son is turning 13 months old, and we started EC at 3 months. Recently he has begun making clear signals to having to pee, which is a cranky sound in the midst of playing. If not peeded, he will do it again in a few minutes, so he clearly doesn't want to pee in his diaper. Of course, he doest always give such clear signals but I always offer and he 90% of the time goes, and we haven't had a poppy diaper in days. My son also walks so he has shoes on, and short when outside making it difficult to easily pee him. He is so patient allowing me to pull his shorts off and remove the diaper and put it back on usually while he is standing and this is not easy and I am worried he is not going to signal to pee, knowing he the effort it takes? I don't know what age he will be able to start lowering his pants himself, so at this point I guess I just need to know if trainers are worth it at this point, or if something like the Eca Ware diapers would be better? He and I are ready to move this along and trust that we are capable of taking the next step. I am just not to familiar with the next option. Any suggestions welcomed! TIA!

#2 ·
We find EC best when we are at home or just outside here and our daughter can be half naked! Much easier. She's taken to going to the base of a tree sometimes and taking care of business herself.. and will occasionally bang to go outside to go. At my parents too she will walk to the toilet and wait... and only go in her diaper if no ones comes to help her on the toilet. She just turned 17 months old.

Even with her I don't think she's ready for training pants... I think I would go through too many! I have been looking though. Many people just wait a bit and go right to underwear. Cheaper too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.