babies are smart - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-22-2011, 05:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My DD just turned 5 months old.  I used to be really good at picking up on her potty cues.  Lately not so much, so we have been relying on timing more.  The last couple of days she has taken to randomly trying to remove her diaper.  I have a prefold under a cover that seals with velcro.  It was starting to frustrate me, because she could nearly remove the whole thing and since she hasn't been cuing me on when she needs to go, I prefer to keep her in a diaper to avoid having messy misses.  Today DH and I were watching her do this and I heard her start to grunt.  I picked her up and caught the poop just in time.  Silly mom, DD has started removing her diaper whenever she wants to go potty and mom has missed the other cues.  Sometimes babies are smarter than moms I think. :)

Me (40) + DH (42) + DD (Jan 2011) +  babyboy.gif (due July 2013)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2011, 02:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We use same nappi system as you do and DS has been playing around trying to open it...  We've been missing a lot of pees lately which is frustrating... i obviously need to be listening better. Yesterday while he played naked on his blanket, he started to pee. I wailed (Not too loudly) "Whoaa! Wait!" He stopped. I took him to the toilet cued him and he finished peeing. I had no idea his bladder control was this mature already! 

These little lovely people really are smarter than we think! : )

covert crunchy wife to guitar.gif & mama to DSbabyf.gif02/11. Dreaming of travelling the earth.gif as soon as we catch up on some sleeping.gif

User Tag List